Captain
# 1 The Vault
10-16-2012, 12:21 PM
What a HUGE waste of time this mission is..
first off its only 1 HOUR long.. you can maybe do 3 or 4 if you are lucky..
second, out of those 4 you will FAIL every single one

i paid 500 zen for a fighter.. i ran at least 10 vault missions.. and have not won one yet..

it seems there are too many enemies.. or reriks ship is too weak or not enough time.. its always something..
one time i thought we won.. we got to the end, killed the big ship.. then the time just ran out and we failed.. there was no bad guys left alive..

this mission is BROKEN
Career Officer
# 2
10-16-2012, 12:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aarons9 View Post
What a HUGE waste of time this mission is..
first off its only 1 HOUR long.. you can maybe do 3 or 4 if you are lucky..
second, out of those 4 you will FAIL every single one

i paid 500 zen for a fighter.. i ran at least 10 vault missions.. and have not won one yet..

it seems there are too many enemies.. or reriks ship is too weak or not enough time.. its always something..
one time i thought we won.. we got to the end, killed the big ship.. then the time just ran out and we failed.. there was no bad guys left alive..

this mission is BROKEN

It is not broken, it just requires some coordination to complete.
Are you pugging? You are less likely to complete a mission like that pugging, than in a team with friends.
Career Officer
# 3
10-16-2012, 12:36 PM
PuGging The Vault is a fast trip to the funny farm - find some fleeties to do it with or look on the STF channels when the event is running.

I don't play it anymore because it's just the most stupid, mind-numbing crappy mission. On the bright side, Datalogs are getting replaced with Romulan Marks in Season 7 and you'll be able to earn them (and the Reman Set) in other ways than playing The Vault.

(So you might wanna just quit playing it like I have)
Please join our peaceful protest to help make STO a better game
Proudly not contributing to PWE's bottom-line since October 2012
Captain
# 4
10-16-2012, 12:46 PM
i have came to this conclusion that it is a waste of time..

tried to get a group together and everyone in my fleet said its a waste of time.
ran a few missions and figured out its not worth doing..

this fighter for the kdf that you pay 500 zen for needs 1 other boff and a science console.. its really weak.
i dont even think we can get a delta flyer type shuttle for kdf?

then maybe it would be easier.
Lieutenant
# 5
10-16-2012, 06:19 PM
I came to the conclusion that The Vault was not worth running again on the very first day I ran into it during the storyline missions. I'd rather ram head-first through an event horizon than repeat it. Thank goodness the Devs allow us to completely skip it, otherwise I would never attempt to take an alt through the Romulan chain.