Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Captain
I was pugging it up the other day as I usually do and came a across a 4v4 Fed vs. KDF match. The KDF was a premade team using 2 Kar'Fi's and 2 BoP's. Both Kar'Fi were using siphon drones with gravity wells and tykens rifts. I think 1 BoP was using gravity wells also and the other tricobalts with DPB3. They were all using aceton assimilators, plasmonic leech, and polaron weapons. At any given time there were on average 6 assimilators on the field and when I would engage there would be around 4 gravity wells and a tykens rift or two. It was impossible to escape the gravity wells even with evasive maneuvers and APO activated because my engines were constantly between 0-10 power as well as my shields. My weapons were between 0-40 power, but not like I could ever turn to get them in firing arc, and if you've ever shot at someone with 40 weapons power, you know the futility of it. Every time I engaged I literally came to a complete hault and if I didn't die to just the gravity wells and energy weapons then the the tricobalts would get me.

I ended up leaving the match after 3 engagements with them, and to-date it is the only time I have ever purposefully left a match. It was just completely pointless to attempt to engage them as I would get completely shut down and blown up 10 seconds later. I had no idea how to go about engaging them, especially with pugs who were just as clueless as me, so I left
Empire Veteran
# 2
10-18-2012, 07:52 PM
Very little you can do against a I-Win setup.
All those power drain stuff does not belongs into the game in the first place.

-= ISE: 12:19 -=- CSE 12:41 -=- KASE 11:59 -=- HSe 8:06 total =-
-= KAGE 5:43 =-
[7:07] [Combat (Self)] Your Dual Disruptor Banks - Overload II deals 123086 (41096) Disruptor Damage(Critical) to Assimilated Carrier.
Captain
# 3
10-18-2012, 08:01 PM
yeah thats hard to do.

stay out of 5k and spam aoe.

yep. fun times.
Captain
# 4
10-18-2012, 08:06 PM
Easiest Fix.... warp out. No I'm not kidden.

Warp out and make sure to tell them in zone before you go why your leaving.

Explain to them that the handful of real klingon players in the game hate there frea*ing guts for destryoing the FvK ques...

Seriously if I had one of the players on that team on my friends list they would be removed... they would be primary target any time I saw there @ handle anywhere anytime.

People that insist on building teams around stuff we all know is broken and then que up in a que that already takes 30+ min to pop most nights... well I think I made my feelings clear... Best thing for them is to warp and hopefuly after staring at a que screen that doesn't pop for the rest of the night they will get the message.... IHATEHAVINGTOPLAYMYSTUPIDFEDSALLTHEDAM*TIME.

End of rant.
Captain
# 5
10-18-2012, 08:18 PM
also what husanak said.
Empire Veteran
# 6
10-18-2012, 08:47 PM
i ran into such a team last night, 3 carriers, 2 with drones. my team was helpless, i was not. because i had EWP1 on my vet ship, and thanks to 2 AtB i was dropping a second plasma before the first cloud even dissipated. they were complete fail without their drones, when i took that away their zombie builds were useless at damaging unsiphoned targets. 90% of their ability to do anything relied on their drones, they were the worst kind of scum in game, so i stomped a mud hole, made them eat ****, and buried them in plasma until they were defeated. felt so good, a victory for all who's energy levels have been repressed.

http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/57...F91C49CA7E074/

you can see by my teams numbers how shut down they were, i was administering friendly plasma clouds to them like you would administer HE lol. was a total crap fest, we had carriers too i think, no runabouts though. surprised my processor survived.
gateway links-->Norvo Tigan, Telis Latto Ruwon, Sochie Heim, Solana Soleus
Captain
# 7
10-18-2012, 09:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dontdrunkimshoot View Post
surprised my processor survived.
I have to turn settings down a bunch going into PvP these days. Didn't used to have the problem, but there are times where if I didn't - I swear I could hear groans from my rig and see steam coming out the side from where the tears were cooking.

Between all the EWP/Plasma/Wells/Rifts/and drone spam... the screen tends to look like a cat ate a box of crayons and threw up on it. Somebody breaks out Temp stuff and I'll actually double cursor and get lost in desync...meh.
Rihannsu
# 8
10-19-2012, 11:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dontdrunkimshoot View Post
i ran into such a team last night, 3 carriers, 2 with drones. my team was helpless, i was not. because i had EWP1 on my vet ship, and thanks to 2 AtB i was dropping a second plasma before the first cloud even dissipated. they were complete fail without their drones, when i took that away their zombie builds were useless at damaging unsiphoned targets. 90% of their ability to do anything relied on their drones, they were the worst kind of scum in game, so i stomped a mud hole, made them eat ****, and buried them in plasma until they were defeated. felt so good, a victory for all who's energy levels have been repressed.

http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/57...F91C49CA7E074/

you can see by my teams numbers how shut down they were, i was administering friendly plasma clouds to them like you would administer HE lol. was a total crap fest, we had carriers too i think, no runabouts though. surprised my processor survived.
SHHHHHHHHHH!!! Dat was suppossed to bees our wittle sekret hax0rz!
You think that your beta test was bad?
Think about this:
American Football has been in open beta for 144 years. ~Kotaku
Starfleet Veteran
# 9
10-18-2012, 10:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by husanakx View Post
Easiest Fix.... warp out. No I'm not kidden.
[...]
Welll, I can understand that one does that when he's having a bad day, but as a thought-out strategy? Nah. I mean, in a real war situation/open PvP, you'd obviously retreat and come back with lots of reinforcements if at all possible, but isn't PvP via the queues supposed to be like sports?

Like thishorizon said, keeping some distance and using AOE attacks like EWP is what works best. The drain team will still be at an advantage, though. Energy drain is just a very good weapon.

Has anyone ever tried to build a fed energy drain team?
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Promote what you love, instead of bashing what you hate.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...lM_skuv4#t=584
Captain
# 10
10-18-2012, 11:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sophlogimo View Post
Welll, I can understand that one does that when he's having a bad day, but as a thought-out strategy? Nah. I mean, in a real war situation/open PvP, you'd obviously retreat and come back with lots of reinforcements if at all possible, but isn't PvP via the queues supposed to be like sports?

Like thishorizon said, keeping some distance and using AOE attacks like EWP is what works best. The drain team will still be at an advantage, though. Energy drain is just a very good weapon.

Has anyone ever tried to build a fed energy drain team?
Nah, the Feddies just use their sci spam BS and subsystem targeting to disable and hold ships while bludgeoning them to death. They don't need energy draining.

I love it when Feddies complain about KDF drain abilities, but don't seem to see a problem with pre-made sci spamming teams that also toss in a few pay-to-win abilities (graviton pulse being one). I don't do either, tbh. The only P2W I use is Impulse Capacitance Cell (which can be overcome with sci spam or subnukes). Other than that, I just rely on decloak alphastrikes, skill, and a bit of luck.