Starfleet Veteran
# 1 Map based issues, SFA
09-17-2012, 11:17 AM
Right now something 'squirrelly' is happening, and its definitely occurring on the SFA map.

I have published a mission, ST-HO2JPRAJH that demonstrates this.

The mission door is in SFA, the console on the far left side inside the main building information desk.

The map will allow interaction with an object to leave and go to another map

when returning to the map, my experience is that the first interact was still available to go back to the 2nd map, and interact with the final item, the datapad on the information desk.

clicking this datapad does not end the mission, it completes the objectives but does not finalize.

Last edited by castsbugc; 09-17-2012 at 11:53 AM.
Rihannsu
# 2
09-17-2012, 01:03 PM
Q400's foundry challenge entry prototype had a similar bug. you'd go to a random solar system fight enemies, grab something, then go to DS9. But, the entry door to the first map would never go away. I was never able to get the story to complete in that version. He republished a fixed version that eliminated the DS9 part.
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Community Moderator
# 3
09-20-2012, 06:59 AM
I can confirm that, in testing mode, none of the doors in Starfleet Academy can be used to leave the map.

I did notice the map name contained the word "tutorial" and left me wondering if there is more than one map for SFA.
Volunteer Community Moderator for the Star Trek Online forums -- My views may not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment. If you wish to speak to someone on the community team, file a "forums and website" support ticket here, as we are not able to respond to PMs regarding moderation inquiries.
Link: How to PM - Twitter @STOMod_Bluegeek
Survivor of Romulus
# 4
10-09-2012, 08:00 AM
The put a post to this yesterday but it was about all the officers in the starfleet academy cause it's it a tutorial map what was ever done it that last update its made it useless to make missions there
Community Moderator
# 5
10-17-2012, 12:40 PM
Is this on anybody's radar to fix?
Volunteer Community Moderator for the Star Trek Online forums -- My views may not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment. If you wish to speak to someone on the community team, file a "forums and website" support ticket here, as we are not able to respond to PMs regarding moderation inquiries.
Starfleet Veteran
# 6
10-17-2012, 12:53 PM
a very good question, I fear my communist title (can you change that to MAP some moderator guy?) I havent seen any information even acknowledging this is an issue to begin with
Community Moderator
# 7 Map based issues in SFA
10-19-2012, 08:01 AM
Renamed for you
Career Officer
# 8
10-19-2012, 09:17 AM
Never forget Starfleet Mao bugs
Survivor of Romulus
# 9
10-19-2012, 03:17 PM
Should have left it. Mao would have found a fix for this.

"Be resolute, fear no sacrifice and surmount every difficulty to win victory."
The Foundry Roundtable live Wednesdays at 7:30PM EST/4:30PM PST on twitch.tv/thefoundryroundtable
"I would rather take a chance on getting a change made to the game through positive engagement than know for sure that I got a change made by complaining" -drogyn1701, May 14, 2014.
Career Officer
# 10
10-21-2012, 05:19 PM
Is anyone even reading the Foundry bug forum anymore? For a while we had Zero responding here, but lately we have nothing. Makes me wonder if anyone is even making note of the problems we report.

Click here for my Foundry tutorial on Creating A Custom Interior Map.