Cryptic Studios Team
Please leave feedback, comments, concerns, and bugs here!

Remember, you cant actually GO to your embassy yet, but you can still participate in the system.
Rihannsu
# 2
10-19-2012, 12:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by salamiinferno View Post
Please leave feedback, comments, concerns, and bugs here!

Remember, you cant actually GO to your embassy yet, but you can still participate in the system.
I wish I knew what you were talking about.
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Career Officer
# 3
10-19-2012, 12:25 PM
does this mean we are finally getting a patch today to let us in the new sector block
Ryan- RRF Engineer, R.R.W. Vadenius (Falchion Warbird)
Brenan- UFP Engineer, U.S.S. Legacy (Assault Cruiser Refit )
Brandon- UFP Science, U.S.S.Heron (Rhode Island Retrofit)
Member since launch, LoR Closed Beta round 1, Lifetimer
Empire Veteran
# 4
10-19-2012, 12:57 PM
I'd like to give some feedback. Please give me a fleet.
Lt. Commander
# 5
10-19-2012, 01:12 PM
OMG. I just read the patch note on what this involves. My fleet (which is pretty good sized or at least was pretty good sized) has all but stopped forward movement on the main SB 3/4 of the way to Tier 3. I really don't see how we are going to tackle EVEN MORE resource dumps and still stay motivated .
Empire Veteran
# 6
10-19-2012, 01:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jengoz View Post
OMG. I just read the patch note on what this involves. My fleet (which is pretty good sized or at least was pretty good sized) has all but stopped forward movement on the main SB 3/4 of the way to Tier 3. I really don't see how we are going to tackle EVEN MORE resource dumps and still stay motivated .
I am forced to agree with my esteemed colleage...
Lord Krueg
KBF CO
We are the Dead
join date Aug 2008
Lieutenant
# 7
10-19-2012, 02:14 PM
People need to see value in grinding the resources for this new fleet holding. Frankly, beyond having a nearly useless social clubhouse, starbases are not worth it. Grinding to build a base so you can grind even more to earn items is not a big draw in the long term.

There is nothing to really do at your starbase. There is very little reason to ever go there, so it adds near zero for in game socialization. S8 should really take a look at how to make Starbases more socially useful.

What's going to be different about the fleet embassy? I've not heard enough about S7 embassies to know why our fleet should even care. Make it emotionally compelling and we might grind, but we are weary of the grind from starbases and have not yet caught our breath.
Cryptic Studios Team
# 8
10-19-2012, 03:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by qutoth View Post
snip
There is a blog going live next week that will give a rough outline of progression and rewards for this system.
Empire Veteran
# 9
10-19-2012, 05:22 PM
I posted this thought previously as people were concerned about SB resource sinks then too, and my opinion has not changed; SB play is only one aspect of STO. I think that the long-term "Trick" to players surviving these new systems is to keep in mind that if we rush through this stuff, we will be right back where we started--with nothing left to do.

On the other hand, by doing a little bit of everything, and allowing development of various Fleet-holdings (and Reputation), over time, we are less likely to a) Burn out on one content type, and b) feel less like we are being soul-sucked of our hard-earned resources.

Many of us still remember the days when we went for months (years just about) without significant updates to the game. For myself, I survived that--now infamous--content drought by taking my time. It took me nearly eight-months to level my first Toon, but I never got as frustrated or burned out as a lot of my fellows.

It's all really just a matter of perspective and we all have choices. We can, for example; Rage quit--changes nothing. Grind like furry little hamsters on a wheel--tedious and exhausting. Or we can choose to enjoy what is here now for what it is, take our time, and know that Cryptic is working towards continuing to expand the game and make it more complex and meaningful for the long-term.

I really sense that these new systems are just the beginning of what's to come. Crafting (sort of) lead to DOffing, DOffing totally lead to SB (and other myriad, as yet unreleased, additional holdings), Defera lead to Nukara, Nukara apparently is leading us to the new Colony (which seems to include elements of Bajor), and at each step the approach has improved with each new idea.

What's on the horizon? What cool new way will the game evolve in the future? I don't know of course, but the point is, I do not plan to burn out before I find out what it is.

Thus, I'll take it one day at a time and enjoy the ride. You may not want me on your PvP or STF team, and my personal bank-fleet probably won't hit Tier V till 2014, but my casual approach to the game has kept me with it consistently since open beta. I still like to play STO.

cha' DarSeqwIj {My Two Darseks}

--------------------------------------------

As to embassy feedback specifically, you know, to get back on topic after my soap-boxing, The main thing I noticed was that with some projects, contributions do not seem to be counting correctly.

Specifically, a DOff requirement of say 12 non civs, is only allowing donation of one, and yet says filled, but the status is saying 1 instead of 12. This is happening in the Reputation too.

I have not logged in and out repeatedly to see if it eventually updates though.

maj!
Previously: QorDaq
Lt. General, KDF Division Commanding, 12th Fleet
Starfleet Veteran
# 10
10-19-2012, 05:38 PM
I wouldn't mind so much if these new systems were more integrated into the actual story driven missions in STO. I, idiotically, grinded up to the tier four diplomacy rank before the DOFF system was introduced, and generally have nothing to show for it. However the one, and only, good thing I can say I got from it was when it actually made a difference in the dialog options I had during the opening mission of the Romulan Featured Series.

Sure, it wasn't something that changed the outcome of the mission, but it did open up additional options for my captain to say to Obisek at the time, and made it feel like I was trying to resolve the situation peacefully. However since then there hasn't been a repeat of said options, and that is sorely disappointing, especially in a game that holds the title Star Trek Online.
---------------------------------------------------
U.S.S. Endeavour NCC-91771 - Nebula-class
Commanding Officer: Captain Pyotr Ramonovich Amosov
Dedication Plaque: "Leave nothing unattempted" - James Cook

Last edited by amosov78; 10-19-2012 at 05:42 PM.