Captain
# 1 deleting character?
10-20-2012, 06:43 AM
Greetings fellow federation and klingon officers,

I have been playing the star trek online game now for a few months, and am quite pleased!

I got a question: First off, info:

I think I am a "silver" player, I have 4 characters, the first federation and klingon characters that I made when I started the game, and two other characters,
another federation one and a klingon one.

I got those by buying two character slots for 625 zen.

my question is this, can I delete my klingon character (the free klingon character slot that was provided when I started the game),
in order to get a free slot to create a new federation type character?

Or do I need to get more zen to buy more character slots again?

Live Long and Prosper

-Aaron
Career Officer
# 2
10-20-2012, 06:51 AM
So if you currently have 4 characters, 2 Federation, 2 Klingon, and you delete 1 Klingon, yes the remaining Klingon should count as being in the free Klingon only slot.

Vornek@oberlerchner123 - Join Date: July 2008
Captain
# 3
10-20-2012, 07:07 AM
Ok cool!

yes, I do have 2 feds and 2 klingons .

So (Just to clarify) :even if the klingon character I decide to delete , was the slot they provided for the first klingon , the fact that I still have a klingon character
will allow me to use that slot that I delete , to be a free slot? (so as to create a new federation character?)

Just as long as I keep one klingon character??
Captain
# 4
10-20-2012, 08:33 AM
If you bought character slots, they are unrestricted. If you delete a character you will have an extra slot free to use as you wish.
Captain
# 5
10-20-2012, 08:39 AM
So does that mean I can only create a federation character if I delete one of the character slots I bought? and not the klingon slot that is given at the begining of the game?
Captain
# 6
10-20-2012, 08:43 AM
When you create the game, you get one Federation Character and one Klingon Character Slot. These never change no matter whether you delete or not.

If you buy extra slots, you always have them, and they can be used however you want. So you can make two extra Federation players or two extra Klingons. But you only have those extra two.

Deleting the "free" Klingon will not allow you to make another Federation Character.

I hope that answers your question.