Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Lieutenant
First, I want to take this oppurtunity to thank all the participants for their time, and for making this tournament a success!

Now, the four participating teams were:

Team 1: Team Sad Pandas
4monkeys
Alex
Bmr
Mt
Naz

Team 2: Turkish RP Heroes
Yoda
Pax
Hank
Steve
Kerim

Team 3: Team -X-treme
Killer
Koopa
Pantheras
Pheo
Svarog

Team 4: Team Thorel
Powerbomb
Thorel
Galileo
Maverick
Shimmerless

Tournament Results

Game 1 was between -X-treme and Team Thorel. They reached the time limit of 45 minutes and ended with a 13 - 5 victory for -X-treme, who proceeds to the upper bracket of the tournament, and dropping Team Thorel to the lower bracket.

Game 2 was between the Sad Pandas and Turkish RP Heroes. In a nail-biting slugfest they went to the wire and reached the time limit for a 4 - 3 Turkish RP Heroes victory. The upper bracket now consisted of -X-treme and Turkish RP Heroes.

Upper Bracket
Game 3 was Turkish RP Heroes against -X-treme. They reached the time limit, for a 14 - 2 victory for the Turkish RP Heroes, winning them first prize! Congratulations to -X-treme as well, for winning second prize!

Lower Bracket
Game 4, the final game of the tournament, was between Team Thorel and Sad Pandas. The Pandas won with a 15 - 0 victory, winning them third prize and wrapping up the tournament.

Final Rankings
1) Turkish RP Heroes
2) -X-treme
3) Sad Pandas
4) Team Thorel

Once again I'd like to thank all the participants for a wonderful evening, and I hope to host another such tournament soon! Hopefully, we'll get the time-frame right so that we can host more participants next time for an even more amazing tournament. I hope to see you there!
Commander
# 2
10-20-2012, 01:45 PM
Well done turkish.

Now that it's over, how did e1 feel about the rules and limitations?

Last edited by falloutx23; 10-20-2012 at 01:47 PM.
Empire Veteran
# 3
10-20-2012, 02:02 PM
cool! im glad this tournament actually successfully took place
gateway links-->Norvo Tigan, Telis Latto Ruwon, Sochie Heim, Solana Soleus
Captain
# 4
10-20-2012, 02:13 PM
Congrats RP on the wins.

-MT-
Captain
# 5
10-20-2012, 04:25 PM
Rules were good - even though danubes were not used, i'd add them to ban list
aka NazHuggyBear2

"No, there is no real problem with P2W in STO. Obviously, if you fight against someone with an equal level of skill in the game, better equipment will give you an edge. But usually, it is the skill level that determines the outcome, not the P2W." - Sprinkles

Last edited by naz4; 10-21-2012 at 12:20 PM.
Lieutenant
# 6
10-20-2012, 04:39 PM
Yes, I'd think they probably should be. I didn't want to ban them this tournament because I thought that they weren't nearly as bad as siphon drones, but they are close, especially if you have several carrier's worth of them.
Lieutenant
# 7
10-20-2012, 04:39 PM
I thought the rules were good. Had a lot of fun although my sci orb sucked it up hard.

So...next time maybe ban TBR

And that 5 million, I regret not taking it! I shouldve doubled my worth
Koopa27 -X-treme
Lt. Commander
# 8
10-20-2012, 09:49 PM
Is there a PVP League Chat Channel? If there is, you should post it somewhere for these tournaments. If not, it might be a good idea to make one. I dont have a team, but I would definitely be interested in doing some 1v1 league or joining another group that needs an extra player.

Anyway, congrats on running a successful pvp tournament!
Commander
# 9
10-21-2012, 07:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by interestedguy View Post
Is there a PVP League Chat Channel? If there is, you should post it somewhere for these tournaments. If not, it might be a good idea to make one. I dont have a team, but I would definitely be interested in doing some 1v1 league or joining another group that needs an extra player.

Anyway, congrats on running a successful pvp tournament!
There is. It's a team speak address is: INTERNATIONALPVP.TYPEFRAG.COM:62245

Thanks to everyone who participated, and special thanks to Project October for hosting.

Please spread the word about hosting another tournament. Thanks again.

PaxOttomana - Turkish RP Heroes
Starfleet Veteran
# 10 Dafuq?
10-21-2012, 03:24 PM
Should have been a game between teams at 1-1... looks like Pandas should have taken second place.