Career Officer
Hi,

I am running a Fleet and by careful check on the WIKI (thanks to those who update it) have seen the difficult requirements for many players and fleets such as the BARTENDER. This is about doable with careful management, doff assignments and some purchases.

However the wiki reports the chef requires 1000 heart of targ and 1000 casper eggs? FIX this it will take forever to do this or be a considerable financial strain for many fleets. It is totally and utterly riduculous. It should be considered a bug fix the requirements to something craftable, items from a vendor or aquired by doff assignments.

EPIC FAIL!!!
Captain
# 2
10-21-2012, 04:47 AM
Then don't get a chef. Do you really need one? Why?
Career Officer
# 3
10-21-2012, 08:40 AM
A developer has already admitted that the Bartender requirements were and I'm quoting - A Learning experience and further acknowledged it was not properly considered when devised against in game avaliability. They also considered revising projects they had messed up. believe this was in a ask cryptic podcast.

As for having a chef it's part of the starbase and I'd like to build the starbase as completely as reasonably possible. Beyond that I really don't have to justify what I do or don't want in the game to you as regardes what I and others request to enhance my enjoyment of the game.

Can you keep comments to something regarding the pros and cons of the project, I think it's a bug from designers do you disagree. Maybe I should draft a survey on it? I could ask why do you need an extra tactical console on the fleet exploration cruiser? Why not play an assault cruiser?
Lt. Commander
# 4 just sold 4
10-21-2012, 09:25 AM
one thousand x one million = one billion

I just bought a d'kora for 60 million.

in what economy has a chef ever been worth 16 state of the art
naval vessels?

500 person fleet needs to squeeze 2 million credits from each member for a chef?

Do the devs still play this game?

Trying to rationalize your economy is breaking my immersion.
Career Officer
# 5
10-21-2012, 10:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by admiralandy View Post
As for having a chef it's part of the starbase and I'd like to build the starbase as completely as reasonably possible. Beyond that I really don't have to justify what I do or don't want in the game to you as regardes what I and others request to enhance my enjoyment of the game.

Can you keep comments to something regarding the pros and cons of the project, I think it's a bug from designers do you disagree. Maybe I should draft a survey on it? I could ask why do you need an extra tactical console on the fleet exploration cruiser? Why not play an assault cruiser?
A Fleet Chef is a very poor comparison to an extra tactical console. Unlike a extra tactical console, a Fleet Chef adds nothing more then what is already available in the players Ship Crew Lounge...

If you want to be truthful, having a functional Chef on the Fleet Starbase is nothing more then a Fleet status symbol, and is no more required for a 'Fleet Starbase' then any of the Special Projects that have been published so far...

And the Developers did warn everyone that Fleet Starbases were a long term project, with medium to smaller fleets having to take well over a year to complete. It appears that Cryptic has been increasing the costs as progress for Fleet Starbase construction has been faster then anticipated...

Last edited by grouchyotaku; 10-21-2012 at 11:00 AM.
Community Moderator
# 6
10-21-2012, 11:54 AM
Ugh there's a chef coming?

*sounds red alert aboard the fleet starbasei*
Volunteer Community Moderator for the Star Trek Online Forums. My views may not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment.
If you wish to speak to someone on the community team, file a 'forums and website' support ticket here, as we are not able to respond to PMs regarding moderation inquiries.
Career Officer
# 7
10-21-2012, 12:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tobar26th View Post
Ugh there's a chef coming?

*sounds red alert aboard the fleet starbasei*
Good idea, even the Pigs in Space sound Red Altert for this!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RhRkAzaDuyg

Career Officer
# 8
10-22-2012, 11:05 AM
I was trying for ironry that whilst requesting a change to something ingame I seemed to be getting critized by someone also requesting a game change. That was the context I was trying to put forward not a comparison between a chef and a ship build as such.

As regards the Fleet Exploration build given its a Engineer Tank it seems to me a great Engineer ship as main Engineer attack is Eject Warp Plasma ans acetan beam so as the boost for this is a particle generator console with a science slant seemed appropriatte to the build makes sense.

The setup put forward however might make more sense with a Fleet Dreadnought having more Tactical slots and maybe Lt. Cmdr Tactical.