Starfleet Veteran
Hi all,

After an awesome three days at DSTL, meeting a bunch of the stars, and a bunch of other fans, I thought I'd share some photos. Sadly I didn't get to meet any other STO players, but hopefully there'll be some new folks joining after getting the STO flyers in their goody bags (with a free holo-leeta doff).

Sadly I can't inline them in here, it seems, so here's the Flickr slideshow link: http://www.flickr.com/photos/starlin...22472377/show/

Avery Brooks was intense. Would say "You get what I'm saying?" a lot (and most people wouldn't). Got on very well with fans, always made an effort to talk to fans, get photos, etc.

Patrick Stewart was nice, said hello when I got my photo done, and thank you when I left. His talk was very personal and funny. I get the impression that he understands the impact of his character, Star Trek, etc. but is less connected with the Star Trek world in the way others are.

Kate Mulgrew was very nice - very funny, friendly, happy to be there, happy to have a conversation, and you knew far more about the Trek universe than most of the other captains. She knew her favourite episode titles, favourite villains (The Borg), worst villain (Species 8472, because it was just a grey tennis ball on a stick. She briefly discussed the Kes/Seven of Nine thing. She said that her and Jeri Ryan got on fine, but that she resented the sexualisation of the series.

Scott Bakula was very cool - sang a little bit on stage, talked about his favourite episodes (In A Mirror, Darkly), other Enterprise bits, and some questions on Quantum Leap.

Shatner is quite different. He'd give a very vague answer to the questions in his talks, and use it to segue into something that he'd want to talk about. He did give a very interesting talk about how ST:V failed, and he said it started before the script had even been written. When I got my photo with him done, I was told to walk behind him and stand on his left. He didn't say hi, but I said thank you when I left and he said thank you in response. However, he seemed quite distant and looked like he just wanted to get done (it was late on Sunday)

We bumped into all of the Enterprise folks on the Sunday (the only time my fiance came along, as it was my birthday) - and managed to get photos with them just milling around.

Last edited by albinoeatpod; 10-22-2012 at 08:28 AM.
Career Officer
# 2
10-22-2012, 01:57 AM
Brilliant!

I wish I had gone
Rihannsu
# 3
10-22-2012, 02:12 AM
great pictures.

i had a awesome time there, and was my first convention.

i kind of wish i knew what i know 4 days ago so i could have planned it out a little better for myself but i still pretty much got to see what i wanted to in the time i had available, so im still very happy.

House of Cards - Lvl 46 Fed mission
Ensign
# 4
10-22-2012, 03:10 AM
I was there My first convention, we managed to have a great time despite showmasters bad organisation. managed to get up close to all the captains and other stars. Also part of the guiness record of most star trek costumed people in one place!
The weekend was epic... as was the queuing.
Ensign
# 5
10-22-2012, 03:43 AM
i wouldve loved to have gone!!!
it looked awesome!!!
Cryptic Studios Team
# 6
10-22-2012, 06:51 AM
Whoa! When did Kate cut off all of her hair?

Good photos! Glad you had a good time. Wish I could have been there.
-The Artist formerly known as Tumerboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightybobcnc View Post
Tacofangs, what is your beef with where's Sulu?
Career Officer
# 7 Love the pics
10-22-2012, 10:10 AM
From the photos you were sat a few rows over from me in the opening , I too have all my pics with the guy holding up the iPad ! It was a great weekend and it was a blast to see so many sto players!

The Fleet builds the fleet

join date Feb 10
twitter us at sccfleet.