Go Back   Star Trek Online > Support > Gameplay Bug Reports
Login

Notices

Career Officer
Am I the only person experiencing this.

I beam down to an unknown planet to do a mission, I fight the first group of enemies, go to the next group and notice 2 of my BOFFs are missing.

So I go on a hunt to find them, I see them on the minimap, but I can't actually see them. Then I realize they are in the ground.

I have also had this happen to enemies, its kinda funny to see my BOFF's shooting the ground and all, but it also makes it hard to complete said mission.

This has happened to me twice now.
Commander
# 2
10-23-2012, 10:34 AM
This has been happening on various maps since closed beta, It has been bug reported since then numerous times and has never been fixed as there is always something more important to do... It's particularly bad in B'Tran. Last time through I encountered the exact same bug and map I had reported a couple of years ago. It is what it is.
Career Officer
# 3
10-23-2012, 10:43 AM
Some planets apparently have Invisible Sink-Holes that swallow people whole...

Just like others have Exploding Rocks just waiting to be stepped on and Plants that Fire Poisonous Darts at unsuspecting admirers...

One needs to constantly be on-guard for these perils when exploring the Star Trek Universe.

(too bad Cryptic didn't see fit to add these kind things 'on-purpose' to STO)

...... DaveyNY ...STO Forum Member since February - 2009
..............Star Trek Fan since Thursday Sept. 8th, 1966
There are No Longer any STO Veterans... We're Just People who have Played the Game for the last 4.5 years.
I Really Do Miss the little TOP Button at the bottom of the threads.
Commander
# 4
10-23-2012, 11:31 AM
From what I remember there is no global fix for this. You need to open a ticket and report the Map you run into this and the Devs will either fix it or remove the map.
Starfleet Veteran
# 5
10-23-2012, 11:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thenoobcamper View Post
Am I the only person experiencing this.

I beam down to an unknown planet to do a mission, I fight the first group of enemies, go to the next group and notice 2 of my BOFFs are missing.

So I go on a hunt to find them, I see them on the minimap, but I can't actually see them. Then I realize they are in the ground.

I have also had this happen to enemies, its kinda funny to see my BOFF's shooting the ground and all, but it also makes it hard to complete said mission.

This has happened to me twice now.
this mainly happens where you scann the medical supplies, its a very old bug , been here sence the begining just about and a bug they never bothered to fix, its been reported i bet 1000s of times and well the just dont care about this bug for what ever reason, they will say there fixing more important bugs but realy ya think after nearly 2 and a half years it be fixed by now , lol
Starfleet Veteran
# 6
10-23-2012, 12:01 PM
I read the thread title and thought you meant that your BOFFs had gone all tree-hugger hippie or something.