Captain
# 1 Season 7 Dev Blog #10
10-26-2012, 02:00 PM
Producer Steve "SalamiInferno" Ricossa, Jr. provides an overview of the upcoming Reputation System in this entry of the Season 7 News Dev Blog series.

Link to the blog.
Lieutenant
# 2
10-26-2012, 02:05 PM
Romulan marks for pvp ?
Lieutenant
# 3
10-26-2012, 02:08 PM
I'm still waiting to see more of this reputation stuff on Tribble. From what I've seen so far however it's just a copy/paste job of the fleet grind. Given the 70+ pages of grief generated by the blog the other day, I'd really hope that Cryptic takes the hint and rethinks this entire reputation approach before pushing it to live.
Captain
# 4
10-26-2012, 02:14 PM
I gained great respect for Mr Stahl in the last Blog post as he sat through a firestorm of players angry hail.

Although this Blog was posted by Mr Ricossa, Jr., I think it should be the Captain of the ship: Mr Stahl, who responds to comments.

Please people keep things civil if you want to receive any kind of feedback response.

And no I don't work for Cryptic now - lol - as some people have claimed over the last few days.
Starfleet Veteran
# 5
10-26-2012, 02:16 PM
Is there going to be any way to respec the Reputation rewards choices? Powers, especially new powers, see a lot of revisions around here and I wouldn't be surprised if we'll eventually get stuck with powers that have changed and are no longer what we want.

Or is it going to be like the trait respec that everyone's been asking for since launch, but we've still failed to receive.
Career Officer
# 6
10-26-2012, 02:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by levi3 View Post
I gained great respect for Mr Stahl in the last Blog post as he sat through a firestorm of players angry hail.

Although this Blog was posted by Mr Ricossa, Jr., I think it should be the Captain of the ship: Mr Stahl, who responds to comments.

Please people keep things civil if you want to receive any kind of feedback response.

And no I don't work for Cryptic now - lol - as some people have claimed over the last few days.
Don't worry Levi3, there are some of us that do enjoy your activism.

As for the reputation system, I'll stick with being "curious" about how it plays out and how future seasons weave around these recent system changes.
Member since November 2009... I think.
(UFP) Ragnarök Fleet - Logistics Division Vice Admiral T'Phira; Captain Selena; Captain Altecha; Captain K'Kera; Lieutenant Aydihe Tefx; Subcommander S'ena
(KDF) Lieutenant General Vokno (aka Lady Vokno); Lieutenant General Raylene
Career Officer
# 7
10-26-2012, 02:22 PM
anyone see the title for Season 7 in the blog

Season 7: New Romulus
Captain
# 8
10-26-2012, 02:51 PM
DELETED

Realized I had no constructive criticism nor a positive response to the blog.
KBF Lord MalaK
Awoken Dead

Now shaddup about the queues, it's a BUG

Last edited by lordmalak1; 10-26-2012 at 03:10 PM.
Career Officer
# 9
10-26-2012, 09:41 PM
Just a quick reply from the dev blog - haven't browsed the other posts yet.

I think it seems cool, but I would say that people will probably try maxing out every reputation they can get their hands on. If I might suggest? One can only dedicate oneself so much to various causes; as such, to reach a particular tier in one night mean you can't max out in another? Or that the final tier or two of any one reputation group might go down as you go up the final tiers of another? This way, the passives will be something you have to think about/consider keeping.

In a way, by doing this, one could earn all the equipment one wants from a faction, but the passives? The old faction would sort of look at you and ask, "Well, what have you done for us lately?"

I guess I'm a little worried about power creep, really. If we get 10 factions, and you can max out in all 10 factions, getting all their gear AND their passives? Well, er, that's sort of crazy. And, really, at some point to earn Reputation with one faction really ought cost you faction with another... if you're always helping the Cardassians, that's going to cost you with the Bajorans, no? Or, if you're always doing altruistic stuff, no way the Ferengi will like you. And, if you're a centrist of sorts, you might have everyone's respect to a point, but nobody is going to be whole-heartedly behind you compared to if you had embraced their agenda/cause.

Look at how often Worf and Odo had to choose between loyalties?

Just a thought, and like I said, a quick reply. This might've been addressed already.
Updated 2/11/13! Buying Zen with Energy Credits | Upgrading Duty Officers without Dilithium.
Q&A Presents: Maui Online! My friends' radioshow/podcast Computers, with occasional forays into astronomy.
Captain
# 10
10-29-2012, 04:23 PM
Seriously, why can't we earn marks and rep via missions? That encourages replayability, and still take half an hour to do, as opposed to forcing us to replay only a mere portion of STO content.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lt. Comm. Pion
What should I wish upon the endless universe;
To be able to smile and forgive everything;
That's right, if we light up the dream in our hearts without averting our eyes;
We should be able to walk whatever tomorrow comes...

I am V. Adm. Kha Yuung, and I approve of this message.