Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Duty Officer System and R&D
Login

Empire Veteran
Hi there,

I'm sure I like doffing as much as the next trekker out there. but i've just been on the tribble test server and checked out the "doffgrinder" that uses 5 doffs of a lower quality and upgrades them into a new doff of a higher quality (just iterating in case anyone doesn't know what i'm rambling about).

Well they now have new dilithium prices to upgrade, and not the good kind.

common to uncommon: 600(specific race doff contact) and 500(personnel officer)
Uncommon to rare: 3000(specific) and 2500 (personnel officer)
Rare to V rare: 6000(specific race) and 5000(at personnel officer)

Also General recruitment packs now cost 1000 dilithium as well.

These changes are live on the Tribble Server. I just wanted to get the word out and wanted to know what your thoughts were to those that have not checked out the tribble server in game or in the forum notes

Regards,
PortgazD
Vice-Chancellor of Federation Fleet Directive 010

DISENCHANTED
Captain
# 2
10-26-2012, 11:42 PM
Does grinding down (put in a green, get three white) cost dil, or still free?
Empire Veteran
# 3
10-27-2012, 08:48 AM
Grinding down is still free. Grinding up costs more, based on the rarity.
Vice-Chancellor of Federation Fleet Directive 010

DISENCHANTED
Rihannsu
# 4
10-27-2012, 09:20 AM
yeah the compactor is expensive now. But that's only really an issue if you use it a lot.
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Lt. Commander
# 5
10-28-2012, 07:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by markhawkman View Post
yeah the compactor is expensive now. But that's only really an issue if you use it a lot.
Some perhaps don't use it a lot, but it's a disgrace after splitting doubles and triples of purple doffs from missions like instigate defection (Vukarno comes endlessly from there, right?) and then exchanging 5 of them for random purple doff... Very bad move from Cryptic. Very bad.
Rihannsu
# 6
10-28-2012, 08:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by joxertm2 View Post
Some perhaps don't use it a lot, but it's a disgrace after splitting doubles and triples of purple doffs from missions like instigate defection (Vukarno comes endlessly from there, right?) and then exchanging 5 of them for random purple doff... Very bad move from Cryptic. Very bad.
How is it bad? I get that you liked it the way is was before, but.....

and don't bother with the argument about how it will make players unhappy. Any time anything in an MMO becomes more expensive, the players become unhappy.
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Lt. Commander
# 7
10-29-2012, 11:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by portgazd View Post
Hi there,

I'm sure I like doffing as much as the next trekker out there. but i've just been on the tribble test server and checked out the "doffgrinder" that uses 5 doffs of a lower quality and upgrades them into a new doff of a higher quality (just iterating in case anyone doesn't know what i'm rambling about).

Well they now have new dilithium prices to upgrade, and not the good kind.

common to uncommon: 600(specific race doff contact) and 500(personnel officer)
Uncommon to rare: 3000(specific) and 2500 (personnel officer)
Rare to V rare: 6000(specific race) and 5000(at personnel officer)

Also General recruitment packs now cost 1000 dilithium as well.

These changes are live on the Tribble Server. I just wanted to get the word out and wanted to know what your thoughts were to those that have not checked out the tribble server in game or in the forum notes

Regards,
PortgazD
Honestly I see no point in using the upgrinder ever again.

Selling the blue doffs on the exchange and buying the purple doff yopu want is the only way to go now.

They really crapped the bed on this one. They think people will use 10 times more dil, but you'd have to be pretty bad at math to pay 5k/ 5 doffs for a totally random purple.

Even those horrid enough at math that do use it will probably figure out thier mistake after a dozen unwanted doffs.
Lieutenant
# 8
10-29-2012, 06:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by recksracer View Post
Honestly I see no point in using the upgrinder ever again.

Selling the blue doffs on the exchange and buying the purple doff yopu want is the only way to go now.

They really crapped the bed on this one. They think people will use 10 times more dil, but you'd have to be pretty bad at math to pay 5k/ 5 doffs for a totally random purple.

Even those horrid enough at math that do use it will probably figure out thier mistake after a dozen unwanted doffs.
And who in their right mind, after reading all this, would go out and BUY blue DOffs on the exchange after knowing that they would pay a double price to try and convert them up? Face it. After these changes come into play the only DOffs that will be worth anything on the market would be those that are A) used directly in Starbase production or B) already purple quality. Blue DOffs will only be really useful for players who are just starting out.
Lieutenant
# 9
10-29-2012, 08:57 PM
I have to agree with the vast majority of people on this, the prices are way too high. The dil price on the doff packs will hurt those that get the doff packs, sell them on the exchange, and buy contraband for the Fed contraband mission, something that I believe was intended to happen. The prices can go up some, that's fine, but leave the doff packs alone.
Empire Veteran
# 10
10-30-2012, 12:07 AM
I guess if you have blue doffs now then exchange them with purple while you can.
PWE will change this but when they will realize it then it will be either too late and/or they recovered their investment + profit. Then their will be a vague note of apology followed by a system to grind even more
Grinding for MkIV epic gear?
Ain't Nobody Got Time for That