Lt. Commander
http://www.stoacademy.com/tools/skil...d=OdinsonDPS_0

Fleet MVAE

4x Phaser DHC's (CrtHx3 atm)

Omega x2 + Maco Shields (mk XII)

3x Phaser Turrets (CrtHx3)

Subspace Mod, Aux Battery

x2 Neutronium (Mk XII purp)

Assimilated Module, tachyokinetic converter, Field Generator (Mk XII purp)

5x Phaser consoles (purple, Mk XII)

DOffs (All purple):

2x Conn
1x Shield Distro
1x Energy Weaps (Chance to reduce Cannon ability recharge)
Either Gravimetric (For Grav Well) or Warp Core engineer. Can't decide between the two and atm can't afford another Distro or Energy weaps, which is what I"d prefer to take into PVP if I had them.
Captain
# 2
10-27-2012, 03:51 AM
hmm, nice build.

since you didn't skill projectile weapons, why not go for BO3 instead of a second rapid fire (which i find tbh too much as a third cannon skill)

gravity well is nice, but since you didn't put any points in particle generators or graviton generator it is very weak. why not go for TSS3 HE2 and polarize hull1...so you can take up AP beta to boost your and grp dps. Or some other ability that profits from flow capacitor. Tykons rift, tachyon beam, energy syphon (that one is particularely great)

then the 2 EPtS...since RSP does no longer share cd with EPtS, why not use it.

with this setup, you probably would be better off with either tetryon or polaron, or some of the combo things...like that you profit a lot more from all the skills and sets you use. lot more synergy if you remove phasers.

also, you may want to consider to remove the 2 conn officers and pick up 2 tac teams, and instead use some others that may boost dps further. AP doff for instance...or the one that strips all buffs.

solid build for PVP or PVE, but lacks synergy, and has further space for some improvements. also some skills are maxed, but if you compare it with this list, it makes only little sense since you get only very minor improvements for a lot of points.
my suggestion would be this

*one thing i wanted to add: i'm pretty sure tht gravity well is the one thing that is NOT affected by the APalpha and omega damage boosts. TBR, photonic shockwave, all other dmg abilities that originate from your ship (also consoles) profit from +% dmg. i don't know if it is still possible, but photonic shockwave fully buffed with tactical buffs could/can oneshot unshielded ships.
Go pro or go home

Last edited by baudl; 10-27-2012 at 05:24 AM.
Lt. Commander
# 3
10-27-2012, 08:54 AM
Personally I prefer Omega 3 to Beta 3. I love just being able to zip around like a shuttle and plus because I hate being held/disabled/tractor'd/etc with a passion it makes it especially great.

However, the Boff setup I have there is more for STF's than PVP. Hence Grav Well (which I use aux batteries for so it isn't as weak) and CSV. If were to PVP, I'd switch out CSV for Beta 1 and Grav Well for Energy Siphon. Tykens Rift I wasn't aware was affected by flow caps. Hmm, I'll have to play with that. And I've only just started using Sci abilities (I used to be content with just HE and TSS2) so I'll have to play with the other stuff as well.

As for max skills, the only reason I maxed anything in my build was because A, I had the extra points, and B, because there was no reason not to, despite the small difference. When I get another respec I'll have to play around with it again. The way I play I tried to tweak it so I was maneuverable, accurate, and naturally damaging beyond all reason. But now that I'm starting to use Sci skills more actively (that Lt. Cmdr Sci slot is just like, conception to me now) its thrown a wrench in my usual cogs.

And I do have a Polaron set, but I shelved them just so I could use something different for a change. Also doesn't help that for the longest time I used to believe DC's > DHC's so I've still got to replace my Accx3 DC's with DHC's before I can seriously use them again.
Captain
# 4
10-27-2012, 03:07 PM
no sorry, tykons rift is not affected by flow capacitor...i thought the energy drain of that ability was influenced by flow capacitor, but i can't find any info that would confirm that.

anyway, if you would put less into some abilitys you actually could put them into particle generator and/or graviton generator to improve your gravity well.

Out of personal experiance i can only tell you that for PVE and especially group content the APbeta + scatter volley + torpedo spread is unmatched in killing entire groups of probes, spheres, etc.
another great combo is to use TBR on unshielded stationary targets like gate, cubes (after the shileds are down), generators, etc...TBR works with dmg buffs like AP alpha and Omega.
Go pro or go home