Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Lieutenant
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 60
The Shield Heal applied by the Shield Distribution Officer, known as the Brace for Impact Duty Officer, has been reworked:

It no longer has a heal-over-time component, but is comprised of a single lump-sum heal.
It is no longer dependent upon Auxiliary Power and Flow Capacitors, but now receives a benefit from Shield Emitters.
It can now only be activated a single time within any 15-second period, per officer of this type equipped.

The buff stripping proc provided by unique Energy Weapons officers, known as the Subnuc Duty Officer, has been reworked:

Chance to proc has been increased from 0.5% to 1%.
The target of this proc will become immune to further procs from this same type of duty officer for 15seconds after being hit with it.
This immunity is specific to this Duty Officer power, but will prevent further effects regardless of the source of the proc.
I.e, even a 5-man team with these equipped will max out at one proc per target, per 15
second period.


While the shield distribution doff looks to be a fair balance pass the snb doff just became more overpowered than ever. The removal of the hot proc option is a good thing that alone would prevent three purples from overprocing per activation. Great job on these guys. Now on to the major fail on the snb doffs.

First off 15 second immunity doesn't do a damn thing if all of your buffs got stripped. Second as proven by turkish rp heroes tests the proc didn't really take effect but around every 15 seconds anyway. Mostly not during that whole test.

Now the reincreased proc chance is gonna bring back those dual scatter volley escorts back out of the woodwork. So now that craptic did it's balance pass on these here is your excuse to use them again QQ free. I think they tried to sneak this in during the initial nerd tears the Vesta class set is letting out.

Last edited by futurecaptain; 10-31-2012 at 08:36 PM.
Empire Veteran
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 5,697
I'm a little bit confused on what part of the change means for SDO DOFFs. I know it'll be a lump sum heal, and be affected by Shield Emitters, but this is what I'm not quite understanding:

It can now only be activated a single time within any 15-second period, per officer of this type equipped.

So...does that mean it'll only proc up to once per activation of BFI, even if you have three DOFFs equipped, or can it activate multiple times, just only once per officer?

Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,123
# 3
11-01-2012, 09:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by futurecaptain View Post
First off 15 second immunity doesn't do a damn thing if all of your buffs got stripped. Second as proven by turkish rp heroes tests the proc didn't really take effect but around every 15 seconds anyway. Mostly not during that whole test.

Now the reincreased proc chance is gonna bring back those dual scatter volley escorts back out of the woodwork. So now that craptic did it's balance pass on these here is your excuse to use them again QQ free. I think they tried to sneak this in during the initial nerd tears the Vesta class set is letting out.
It was 9 seconds, but I agree. I was expecting the duration to last 30 seconds to 1 min. I thought that was what was being discussed?


Quote:
Originally Posted by mimey2 View Post
So...does that mean it'll only proc up to once per activation of BFI, even if you have three DOFFs equipped, or can it activate multiple times, just only once per officer?
My understanding, is that, if you have three SDOs, each can proc on their own once during each activation. That is to say, you can get three lump sum heals total.
Empire Veteran
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 5,697
# 4
11-01-2012, 11:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shookyang View Post
My understanding, is that, if you have three SDOs, each can proc on their own once during each activation. That is to say, you can get three lump sum heals total.
Thank you. I'll try and actually test this a bit (and try not to forget to post some results as well) when they feel like putting the servers back up.

Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,123
# 5
11-01-2012, 12:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by broken1981 View Post
WOW....so your just ging to out right use this bs? ill laugh when people see your fleet get hit by a stupid proc and leave. or better yet the whole fleet uses sub doffs right back and you have a lame match........
Actually, I agree that the duration of the immunity needs to be expanded. I questioned why it was reduced to 15 seconds from when Borticus said they were considering 30 seconds to 1 min.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shookyang View Post
It was 9 seconds, but I agree. I was expecting the duration to last 30 seconds to 1 min. I thought that was what was being discussed?
Does that mean I'm going to stop using it? No.

Do I care if other people use it on me? Nope.

Do I care if I'm up against an entire team of Sci officers SNBing my team into oblivion? Nope.

It's a game. People use polaron weapons, and I don't rage quit because I'm up against them.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 597
# 6
11-01-2012, 12:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shookyang View Post
It's a game. People use polaron weapons, and I don't rage quit because I'm up against them.
thats much different then a stupid doff that says hey tact come here, put me on your roster and have the dps but a proc of a sci. i really hope your computer blows up when you go into pvp. people like you should be baned from ques. if you want sub nuke roll a sci. but no reason you should take buffs on some 1 when u are a tact or engy. but go roll in ques. people are going to see the proc and warp and then no fun for you. look what happened to klink pvp. they are so slow on ques and they complain but they did it to them selves.

but yeah, from the bottem of my heart i hope your computer blows up.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,804
# 7
11-01-2012, 12:31 PM
If you use SNB doffs, I don't want to hear one peep from you about getting Danubed, AMSed, Gpulsed, etc.

If you use SNB doffs it's open season with whatever cheese the game has on you. It's that simple.

Seeing as how the overwhelming majority of SNB doffs seem to be Fed origin, that means we're going to be seeing a lot of cheeseballs coming from the Fed side. So if they bring that ****, hit them hard with whatever crap you got.

If they want to burn down PvP just to feel powerful for a short while, then let's all burn it down together.

Last edited by snoge00f; 11-01-2012 at 12:38 PM.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 597
# 8
11-01-2012, 12:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by snoge00f View Post
If you use SNB doffs, I don't want to hear one peep from you about getting Danubed, AMSed, Gpulsed, etc.

If you use SNB doffs it's open season with whatever cheese the game has on you. It's that simple.

Seeing as how the overwhelming majority of SNB doffs seem to be Fed origin, that means we're going to be seeing a lot of cheeseballs coming from the Fed-side. So if they bring that ****, hit them hard with whatever crap you got.

If they want to burn down PvP just to feel powerful for a short while, then let's all burn it down together.
i can fully agree to this 100%. and since fed ques will now be a ghost like klink side lets all just burn this mutha down. ill now be specing ams, gp, and theta. ill buy all the keys i need for 3 sub nuke doffs. for my tact engy and sci. this will be the last of my money this game gets. im very ticked off by members that try to compair polarons to sub doffs.........wtf???????? and the fact that the devs dont even care about this game. remember when star wars was comming out? yeah awesome vid by devs that talked about how cool that game was. SHAME ON THEM!!!!!!!!

thats like having FORD dealer ship and parking a honda infront. and on fourms i have to watch what i say about devs or get baned? frak you. yeah i said that to the damn devs. why cant our frusting be heard on fourms? why do you feel the need to censor what we say? wtf we pay you. you work for us. stalh promised us so much and all we ask is just for pvp. its not even alot to ask for.
with all your crap boxes you took in so much money you cant even fix pvp? no you get some brain dead dev that makes a doff thats not even needed in pve. it has no use. whats it going to even do for pve'ers? what ever im done. my rant is over. but know you will never get any more of my money. freak off.
Commander
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 363
# 9
11-01-2012, 10:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by futurecaptain View Post

First off 15 second immunity doesn't do a damn thing if all of your buffs got stripped. Second as proven by turkish rp heroes tests the proc didn't really take effect but around every 15 seconds anyway. Mostly not during that whole test.
The doff proc'd every 7.5 seconds in the 3 minute period. However, towards the end of the end of the video we did the doff proc test if there were a 30 second immunity. We found in this test that the proc took place almost instantly as soon as we opened fire.

The implications of this are still relatively the same. However, the proposed treaty of not to use these doffs was in effect for the most part, as the major pvp fleets did deter themselves from using them. Now I do not know if this is because of the awareness that thread spread, or simply because of the well founded respect we have for one another. In either case, I think we can enjoy ourselves much more if we kept it up and not used these doffs.

The fleets that have these doffs at a high number, and have enough to sustain them into every variation in their pre-mades are very well known in this community. Thus far, these fleets have been able to refrain/restrain themselves from using these doffs for the most part.

Hypothetically if these doffs were in free use, the KDF premades will probably suffer the most. As their SN Doffs are very expensive and much harder to come by. It is unlikely they have or will be able to keep up with getting them for every team member, or much less address the shortage of them in their alts. So, fed side will SN doff every KDF premade, automatic win. Complete and utter imbalance if you ask me.

I do not see any reason why not to continue the status quo of not using them.

Think of these doffs as AMS. They're the new AMS. I remember when people would rage and scream about AMS? Well now it's this. I think we all have very good roots in this community to at least categorize this thing the same way as AMS, if not on a more serious level.

Good luck everyone.

-PaxOttomana of Turkish RP Heroes
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,123
# 10
11-01-2012, 11:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by paxottoman View Post
-snip-
That's not a good enough solution. Relying on goodwill, particularly from those who don't read the forums, isn't going to get you very far.

I'm not sure what the reasoning was for going from 30 - 60 seconds to 15 seconds. That still procs too often.

Perhaps Borticus could shed some light on the reasoning for this.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 08:24 AM.