Career Officer
I logged onto Tribble thinking that, being Tribble Test Weekend, we'd get the STF "Currency" Conversion (EDCs, Salvage, and Tech turned into items for the Reputation System once we hit Tier V of Omega Reputation). Lo and behold, it was not there. I know there was no promise to do it by now, but considering we're in Tribble Test Weekend, that means we're not far off Season 7 releasing.

Devs, when are you planning on implementing this on Tribble?

Last edited by entnx01; 11-02-2012 at 03:30 PM.
Captain
# 2
11-02-2012, 03:27 PM
I to would like an answer to this, or atleast what the conversion rate would be. I am sure I am not the only one sitting on piles of EDCs, salvage, and tech wonder if I should turn them in for dil now or wait for the conversion.
Cryptic Studios Team
# 3
11-02-2012, 03:39 PM
We were hoping to have it in place before the Test Weekend event, but it sadly did not happen.

Our current plan is to have it up on Tribble next week, which will still allow players time to review the results.
-=-=-=-=-=-
Jeremy Randall
Cryptic - Systems Design
"Play smart!"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Me
Kurland here...
Career Officer
# 4
11-02-2012, 03:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by borticuscryptic View Post
We were hoping to have it in place before the Test Weekend event, but it sadly did not happen.

Our current plan is to have it up on Tribble next week, which will still allow players time to review the results.
Thank you for the quick answer! I'll look forward to seeing it implemented.
Starfleet Veteran
# 5
11-02-2012, 04:17 PM
Quote:

Will you please just post the conversion algorithm? Or if it really is too complex to understand, at least a short blurb on how it functions. Pretty please?
Empire Veteran
# 6
11-02-2012, 04:28 PM
Quote:

The formula please? I'm not scared by math.
Captain
# 7
11-02-2012, 05:32 PM
Quote:

As in season 7 not being released on the 8th so we will have the weekend to review the results, or as in it will go to tribble on say the 6th and we have only a few days to make a decision? Just seeking clarity is all.
Career Officer
# 8
11-02-2012, 03:45 PM
not that eay took me a week on romulan it will take a month or 2

we should all have a more than enough for 5
Lt. Commander
Curious ... I thought I read during this weekend's Tribble test weekend, if we ported our toons over to Tribble and they had STF currencies, it would get converted (and boxed up) but would allow for an individual preview of what our conversions will look like.

Alas I may have been dreaming when/where I read this. Still I've ported over to Tribble and I still have all my STF currencies.

What am I missing?
Career Officer
# 10
11-02-2012, 07:11 PM
Wasn't time to squeeze it into the patch, apparently. Either cause they haven't decided on a final set of numbers yet, or the conversion mechanism wasn't finished/debugged yet, or cause the Devs have all developed horrible drinking habits after reading the forums, but it'll be put in with a later patch.

Or at least, that's what one [name withheld on account of our history with fingerpointing and their history with broken not-really-promises] said on Tribble fleet chat. (That it'll be in later. The numbers and debugging things are just possibilities I'm guessing at, and the alcohol abuse, well, that's just plain common sense.)

It would be extremely poor form if Season 7 launched unannounced while a lot of people were still waiting to make their final decision about their STF currencies. So I don't think they'll do that. But it does look like they'll be cutting it close again. People who log in only once a week may experience deja vu.
Reave

Last edited by hrisvalar; 11-02-2012 at 07:14 PM.