Rihannsu
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,566
While reading Season 7, All I see is more ability to not really play STO. You log in, you turn on a couple automated "missions" either via Doffs, the Reputation system, or through the Fleet and Diplomacy system.

Sure there are new "STFs" coming. But what are those really but grind zones to get the points you need for those automated systems being introduced. It's almost like your encourging the players to not play the game, but grind out what they need for their Automated "Daily/weekly" projects and then go play something else.

Shouldn't you be trying to promote more reasons to want to play STO? Why not tie actual gear drops to the STFs? Stuff you can't get via the Reputation system, Fleet system, Doff system, or Diplomacy Fleet System? Make some one actually WANT To do the STFs beyond just Dilitium/Omega/Romulan/Fleet Marks.

And then there's PVP.. the three dirty letters/words around in STO it seems. Why not add to the Daily PVP Mission involving Ker'rat/Otha etc Omega Marks? Is PVP really that bad that you, the producers, don't want players actually going to these zones when the mission is up and get Marks for the daily? Maybe even tweek the zone (and actually bug fix it) so that you can do the "Fleet Mission" style part of the mission, and if you complete it on top of the Item, you have a Rare chance to recieve Omega marks, or instead of the item?

I want to be given a reason to play in Star Trek Online. Not reasons to Farm for an hour, maybe two, and then go play something else that is starting to quite frankly be more fun then the curent and immeadite future of STO (Refering to Season 7).

These statements are my personal opinions and suggestions or perhaps even rants about the current state of development in Star Trek Online based on current and Future additions. And while the Tribble Environment is more of a Beta then Live (and that's a streatch), I'd rather see more active and engaging game play with Puzzles, and Reasons to form a team to do a mission, then to just join a random que and ho hum through a mission that any group of tactical officers can acomplish by just bull rushing ahead.
You think that your beta test was bad?
Think about this:
American Football has been in open beta for 144 years. ~Kotaku
Starfleet Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,620
# 2
11-02-2012, 05:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by webdeath View Post
While reading Season 7, All I see is more ability to not really play STO. You log in, you turn on a couple automated "missions" either via Doffs, the Reputation system, or through the Fleet and Diplomacy system.

Sure there are new "STFs" coming. But what are those really but grind zones to get the points you need for those automated systems being introduced. It's almost like your encourging the players to not play the game, but grind out what they need for their Automated "Daily/weekly" projects and then go play something else.

Shouldn't you be trying to promote more reasons to want to play STO? Why not tie actual gear drops to the STFs? Stuff you can't get via the Reputation system, Fleet system, Doff system, or Diplomacy Fleet System? Make some one actually WANT To do the STFs beyond just Dilitium/Omega/Romulan/Fleet Marks.

And then there's PVP.. the three dirty letters/words around in STO it seems. Why not add to the Daily PVP Mission involving Ker'rat/Otha etc Omega Marks? Is PVP really that bad that you, the producers, don't want players actually going to these zones when the mission is up and get Marks for the daily? Maybe even tweek the zone (and actually bug fix it) so that you can do the "Fleet Mission" style part of the mission, and if you complete it on top of the Item, you have a Rare chance to recieve Omega marks, or instead of the item?

I want to be given a reason to play in Star Trek Online. Not reasons to Farm for an hour, maybe two, and then go play something else that is starting to quite frankly be more fun then the curent and immeadite future of STO (Refering to Season 7).

These statements are my personal opinions and suggestions or perhaps even rants about the current state of development in Star Trek Online based on current and Future additions. And while the Tribble Environment is more of a Beta then Live (and that's a streatch), I'd rather see more active and engaging game play with Puzzles, and Reasons to form a team to do a mission, then to just join a random que and ho hum through a mission that any group of tactical officers can acomplish by just bull rushing ahead.
I am in total agreement. It does seem more of a grind game like Farmville than an MMO anymore.

Cryptic dev's, please get working on a way to make PvP more interesting and less of the 9-5 online grind bit.
Republic Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 975
# 3
11-02-2012, 05:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by whamhammer1 View Post
I am in total agreement. It does seem more of a grind game like Farmville than an MMO anymore.

Gee didn't our fearless leader leave Cryptic and work for the creators of Farmville for awhile?

Gosh.. what a coincidence.
Commander
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 399
# 4
11-02-2012, 05:37 PM
i agree, this game needs some serious faction vs faction pvp territory wars,

i recently started to look for another game to play, just about sick of the grinding.

i am really surprised how all the people in this game doesnt get bored
with doing the same stuff over and over again.

i would do the pvp but it doesnt feel like a pvp fight,
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 11,107
# 5
11-02-2012, 05:44 PM
Agreed. Botters ruin everything.
http://i1151.photobucket.com/albums/o633/centersolace/189cux9khvl6ojpg_zpsca7ccff0.jpg
Captain
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 3,702
# 6
11-02-2012, 05:54 PM
I'm horribly bored of the game... in fact I play now to help other people out while I'm not roleplaying.

Basically Cryptic I have the same request everyone else so far does: Can we have something to DO (as oppose to grind) please?
Rihannsu
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,566
# 7
11-02-2012, 07:20 PM
Oh and while a cute Idea, they are adding Pokemon, with out the combat/pvpability (meaning Pet vs Pet not actual usage in PVP) via some new romulan pet. And of course you upgrade it and even "evolve" it via Doff missions....
You think that your beta test was bad?
Think about this:
American Football has been in open beta for 144 years. ~Kotaku
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 126
# 8
11-04-2012, 08:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by adamkafei View Post
I'm horribly bored of the game... in fact I play now to help other people out while I'm not roleplaying.

Basically Cryptic I have the same request everyone else so far does: Can we have something to DO (as oppose to grind) please?
I burnt out back when I was grinding for XII honor guard on a KDF char. Briefly played the nukara event before being bored of that.

Most of my time (before GW2 came out) was pretty much just SITTING there talking to people in channels...


I feel the grind is dilithium. It's needed for EVERYTHING, reliably gotten in large amounts from few areas which are all now (personally) boring, and the prices are so high I can't "work on saving dilithium for that carrier pet(for example)" while also "Getting some c-store points to get another costume slot as well as supporting the fleet projects/special appearance projects". I have to basically pick one until it's done, then pick another.

That is how I feel anyway. STO has turned into a dilithium grind, and it's sad because I don't mind the gameplay, graphics, I love star trek and would love to play it more/RP my characters more... but I don't wanna just SIT in a game in sector space/a station for hours going "Meh... what to do..."
Commander
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 369
# 9
11-02-2012, 08:37 PM
Poker
PvP Territorial Control
Shuttle Racing

Happy STO player
The Average PvP player

1) Teamwork and timing is #1
2) You cannot "Kirk It" in every ship
3) You are going to die, just get back up
Captain
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 3,702
# 10
11-03-2012, 04:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by starcommando101 View Post
Poker
PvP Territorial Control
Shuttle Racing

Happy STO player
^This

I second that, I liked the idea of PvP territory control since the day I saw the idea. I also like the idea of PvP wherever (as oppose to the challenge player we have now) that would breath new life into PvP, with certain limitations of course after all we can't have a VA in a P2W ship slaughtering the poor LTs and there really should be a simple opt in/out system
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 08:02 AM.