Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 182
# 1 Fleet Soveriegn & Excelsior
11-07-2012, 12:52 PM
Hi,

My fleet has just built the lvl 3 shipyard and there are no Cruisers made avaliable only the Defiant and the Nebula and various science vessels.

As the Metroen Gas cannister mentions it can be equipped on a Fleet Assault Cruiser Retrofit I have a few questions therefore.

1/ When is the Fleet Assualt Cruiser Retrofit due to be released.

2/ Will there be a Fleet Advanced Cruiser Retrofit?

3/ When/if released will these be put in at the lvl 3 shipyard to provide cruiser options which seem to be missing here.

Thanks.
Andy.
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,321
# 2
11-07-2012, 07:20 PM
1) Whenever they feel like it, it's not on Tribble yet/again (it was in the list prior to S6 launching on Holodeck), so it going to be a bit before it's out is my guess.

2) Probably not, the Excelsior looks wrong to be fighting on even footing with ships so much newer.

3) I think it was either Tier 3 or 4 when it was on Tribble prior to being removed.
Captain
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 2,192
# 3
11-07-2012, 11:05 PM
Fleet Excelsior probably wont happen. However the fleet heavy cruiser retrofit should have had Exelsior layout...
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,489
# 4
11-08-2012, 07:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dalnar83 View Post
Fleet Excelsior probably wont happen. However the fleet heavy cruiser retrofit should have had Exelsior layout...
Fleet heavy cruiser retro already has issues that need to be worked out before we get ambitious with it. Namely: it needs the 42K hull and 1.1X shield multiplier that other fleet cruisers get. I don't know if it's an oversight or part of their plan to sell more Regents by withholding the fleet assault cruiser and ships like it, but it's pretty ridiculous that they offer a fleet ship that has objectively worse stats than other ships that cost the same resources.
Captain
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 1,104
# 5
11-08-2012, 07:51 AM
In STO canon the only dictator of tech is size and shape. It makes perfect sense that some hoity toity Admiral would want an Excelsior shell with tip top equipment. Both of these ships need fleet versions asap.
http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh....php?t=1313421
The Somraw, K'tinga, D'Kyr, D7, Kumari, Xindi carrier, Xindi escort, and the T'Varo are all older than the Constitution Refit and yet they are tier 5. The Constellation is made up primarily of Connie refit parts and it is tier 5, there is no logical reason whatsoever for the no tier 5/6 connie rule.
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 3,226
# 6
11-08-2012, 08:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by momaw View Post
Fleet heavy cruiser retro already has issues that need to be worked out before we get ambitious with it. Namely: it needs the 42K hull and 1.1X shield multiplier that other fleet cruisers get. I don't know if it's an oversight or part of their plan to sell more Regents by withholding the fleet assault cruiser and ships like it, but it's pretty ridiculous that they offer a fleet ship that has objectively worse stats than other ships that cost the same resources.
i know it is not the answer you expected or comment you wanted, but it has 8 turnrate. still low, but thats the reason for the weaker stats.
Go pro or go home
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,020
# 7
11-08-2012, 08:18 AM
As someone flying a Fleet D7 TOS K't'inga KDF-side, I think Cryptic have already given themselves no excuses whatsover for leaving the Excelsior out of the Fleet Refit party
Please join our peaceful protest to help make STO a better game
Proudly not contributing to PWE's bottom-line since October 2012
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 154
# 8
11-08-2012, 08:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by momaw View Post
Fleet heavy cruiser retro already has issues that need to be worked out before we get ambitious with it. Namely: it needs the 42K hull and 1.1X shield multiplier that other fleet cruisers get. I don't know if it's an oversight or part of their plan to sell more Regents by withholding the fleet assault cruiser and ships like it, but it's pretty ridiculous that they offer a fleet ship that has objectively worse stats than other ships that cost the same resources.
Fleet Heavy Cruiser Retrofits are fleet versions of a T3 ship, so like all other fleet versions of T2 and T3 ships it's shield capacity is better than the actual shield mod says. With lower cap shields like Omega or Borg (maybe even Maco) and without Field Generators it actually has a higher capacity than the Fleet Star Cruiser. Hull Points are slightly less but the difference is completly irrelevant. They are already the +1 or +1.5 Sovereign, not only thanks to a turn rate of 8.
-----------------------
decker999
Join Date: Aug 2010
Captain
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 3,459
# 9
11-08-2012, 01:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tom61sto View Post
2) Probably not, the Excelsior looks wrong to be fighting on even footing with ships so much newer.
There is nothing wrong with the Excelsior fighting alongside newer ships, it seems to me it's the single most successful design in starfleet history, 200 years of its use says that, why shouldn't fleets refit it?

Personally I think the fleet shipyard should work a little differently:
Rather than buying ships for modules, there should be a limit (perhaps 4) on how many changes you can make to the ship choosing from a list of available options. Perhaps each change could cost 1 module thus retaining their 'value' and each change would affect something else such as:
1: Tac console would affect ship health and turn rate
2: Eng console would affect ship health, resists and (maybe) power
3: Sci console would affect shields, other science stuff and (maybe) turn rate
4: Turn rate would affect health (and vice versa)
(And many more I can't currently think of)

But I think that would work brilliantly allowing you to make a non-fleet ship into a fleet ship that does to the current ships as C-store ships did before F2P
Captain
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 2,192
# 10
11-08-2012, 01:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by adamkafei View Post
There is nothing wrong with the Excelsior fighting alongside newer ships, it seems to me it's the single most successful design in starfleet history, 200 years of its use says that, why shouldn't fleets refit it?

Personally I think the fleet shipyard should work a little differently:
Rather than buying ships for modules, there should be a limit (perhaps 4) on how many changes you can make to the ship choosing from a list of available options. Perhaps each change could cost 1 module thus retaining their 'value' and each change would affect something else such as:
1: Tac console would affect ship health and turn rate
2: Eng console would affect ship health, resists and (maybe) power
3: Sci console would affect shields, other science stuff and (maybe) turn rate
4: Turn rate would affect health (and vice versa)
(And many more I can't currently think of)

But I think that would work brilliantly allowing you to make a non-fleet ship into a fleet ship that does to the current ships as C-store ships did before F2P
There were many ideas regarding refiting ships much like the one your proposed. Something you would do as you level up. But Cryptic's tech does not allow that.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:09 PM.