Career Officer
# 1 Tier 2 Romulan Rep
11-09-2012, 11:55 AM
Just unlocked the Tier 2 Romulan Reputation.

Found the +30 Into Shields (making my shields 146 in skill) to be a disappointment with it only adding 600HPs to the MK12 MACO Shield (with a Rare MK12 Shield Console). Given the commitment players make with the reputation, seems imbalanced compared to the other choice of the +3% Critical to Space Weapons. Suggest this gets boosted more.

Mountain Base:

Fast mission.

Voice Over volume was too weak, suggest increasing the volume more.

The final battle needs more excitement, seems just you're just getting spammed by 3 groups of NPCs. This is a base, why not add some Large Turrets for long range support somewhat similar to the Tracking weapons in Enter the Hive.

And whats the point to the Scattering Field console? Needs somekind of function in regards to the storyline.

When turning in the mission, its says we "captured" the commander, yet while playing it seemed like we killed him. So this point needs to be addressed from a storytelling perspective.

Last edited by azurianstar; 11-09-2012 at 12:11 PM.
Career Officer
# 2
11-09-2012, 12:31 PM
I think they need to be careful about making more super tanks with the stacking benefits of shields through the entirety of both systems.
Career Officer
# 3
11-09-2012, 12:44 PM
I don't think with both the Romulan and Omega reputation, pluse the new equipment, could make a superior tank given the results are weak. The days of tanking Cruisers are long over.

I'm honeslty more concerned about the two 3% Critical Hit boosts, they are far more signifcant in battles.
Career Officer
# 4
11-09-2012, 05:41 PM
A +30 to shields is effectively an extra .1 shield modifier for all of your ships, to put it into perspective.
Career Officer
# 5
11-09-2012, 06:38 PM
So you really think that +30 is more worth it than the %3 Critical Hit chance?
Commander
# 6
11-09-2012, 07:25 PM
The shield boost is negligible, the real benefit you get from that perk is increased heals from TSS and Extend shields. Which has the side effect of only really being worth it to dedicated healers or support tanks. where almost every one else ever will gain a benefit from more crits. I think the issue is some skills scale poorly end game. Add 30 to your starship weapon skill and its worth a decent amount, all those extra few points add up rather fast with a rapid fire rate. Shield heal boost not so much as its used far less frequently, and runs for a small number. Add to it again that 3% crit boost is acctually rather strong as a CritH x3 weap only gives that weap a 6% boost and the crit passive aplies 1.5 CritH mods to all weapons.

Last edited by hroothvitnir; 11-09-2012 at 07:41 PM.