Ensign
I think this would be a pretty neat request. The option to display your accolades on your character just as military personnel do on their formal wear.

so instead of having a nickname to display on your character, you can also show off what else you have earned in combat.

What do you guys think?
Captain
# 2
11-11-2012, 12:07 PM
I'd like to see cosmetic items like accolades, ribbons and medals that I can pin to a toon's chest in game.
Head of PR - Ausmonauts

Captain
# 3
11-11-2012, 12:49 PM
It would be neat but not really canon UNLESS on a dress uniform ... if there is such a thing in game?
Kathryn S. Beringer - The Dawn Patrol

Solaris build - Veritatum Liquido Cernene
Ensign
# 4
11-11-2012, 11:06 PM
I think it wouldn't matter. in my fleet we have a uniform code that even makes the sashes seem like an high tier officer rank so i think the ribbons would be a boost to some
Captain
# 5
11-12-2012, 01:52 PM
As cool as the idea may sound, accolade ribbons on uniforms are more suited to contemporary armed forces rather than Starfleet or KDF - the only example of award ribbons on uniforms in Trek is on Fleet Admiral Bill's TWoK uniform, but even then most actors felt the TWoK uniforms were too militaristic for Starfleet.

I'd much much rather have a medal case in my ship's ready room.

Joint Dev/Community discussion on customizable and gameplay-relevant ship interiors:
Proposal Document // Feedback Thread
Empire Veteran
# 6
11-12-2012, 10:02 PM
If I pinned every accolade I had on my uniform, you wouldn't see the uniform. I like the idea of wall hangings.
Career Officer
# 7
11-15-2012, 09:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmdrscarlet View Post
It would be neat but not really canon UNLESS on a dress uniform ... if there is such a thing in game?
Wait?

We have Uniforms?

WHERE?

(Uniform, meaning Alike or equal, from latin... Hence there are no Uniforms in STO).
My name may say "PWE member", but I will never be.
-NEVER Forget the Screwups and ignorance made towards the people who supported the game through 2011
Don't look silly, don't call it "Zen-Store" - Don't waste devs time, Post proper bug-reports
Captain
# 8
11-15-2012, 10:13 AM
Fair enough.

From my point of view, asking the Devs to allow players to have little icons placed on the charaters suit is neat. But with all the noise about everything else in the game, then I would prefer the request be specialized to the character suit that best represents the Dress Uniform (the character suit NOT worn in a battle environment).

If, in the end, there is no such thing (and some players probably do not care either way), then the accolade medals is still just neat. I'd rather the Devs focus on ... something less cosmetic and more functional.

Don't get me wrong, if they actually put it in place, then I'll go for it.
Kathryn S. Beringer - The Dawn Patrol

Solaris build - Veritatum Liquido Cernene
Ensign
# 9
11-16-2012, 12:06 PM
there also can be a place to place the ribbons on your sash, you can add them to a formal uniform structure or simply disable the ribbons when combat is enabled in some way or in a place where there is literally no combat (ie. ESD)