Captain
# 1 Ambassador Class Thoughts
11-12-2012, 10:14 AM
Let me just say that at first I had absolute zero interest in seeing the Ambassador class in the game. From what I saw of it in Yesterdays Enterprise it didn't really look asthetically pleasing.

However my opinion on this changed a few days ago once I saw the USS Zhukov model, which looked pretty damn lovely.

http://en.memory-alpha.org/wiki/File...udio_model.jpg

http://en.memory-alpha.org/wiki/File..._Christies.jpg

I certainly prefer it to the Galaxy class.

While this ship is classed as a cruiser (like the Akira and Intrepid are in the show), I think it'd be good as another entry in the destroyer class. It's size and rather stocky build seems fitting for it.

Here's what I'd like it to be...

Ambassador-class
Type: Destroyer

Baseline Stats

Fore weapons: 4 (Can equip dual/dual-heavy cannons)
Aft Weapons: 3

3 Engineering console slots
3 Science console slots
3 Tactical console slots

Impulse modifier: 0.2
Hullstrength: 33000
Shield modifier: 1
Base turnrate: 14
Device slots: 3
Crew: 550
Power bonus: +10 Weapons

1 Cmdr Tactical
1 Lt Tactical
1 Lt Cmdr Engineering
1 Ensign Universal
1 Lt Universal

Tactical Variant

+1 Tactical console
+5 weapon power
+5 shield power

Science Variant

+1 Science console
+10 Aux power
NO sensor analysis

Engineering Variant

+1 Engineering console
+10 Engine power

Anyone got their own thoughts on it?
Previously Alendiak
Daizen - Lvl 50 Engineer - Fleet Avenger
Selia - Lvl 50 Tactical - Fleet Avenger
Toval - Lvl 50 Tactical - Fleet Mogai
Career Officer
# 2
11-12-2012, 10:40 AM
When Cryptic and CBS held the "Design the next Enterprise" contest CBS made it clear that as a ship that held the name U.S.S. Enterprise, it must be a cruiser.
This would also apply to the Ambassador class so she can't be a destroyer.
Rihannsu
# 3
11-12-2012, 10:45 AM
>Ambassador
>Destroyer
>14 turn rate

Ha ha... ha.

No.

Expect a generic cruiser, probably a bit more manuverable than the Galaxy, but with less HP. I wouldn't be surprised if they'd give it lt.cmdr. universal boff station.

Just wait till the STO 3rd anniversary. It's pressumably going to be featured in some special event mission then.
Captain
# 4
11-13-2012, 11:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by suaveks View Post
>Ambassador
>Destroyer
>14 turn rate

Ha ha... ha.

No.

Expect a generic cruiser, probably a bit more manuverable than the Galaxy, but with less HP. I wouldn't be surprised if they'd give it lt.cmdr. universal boff station.

Just wait till the STO 3rd anniversary. It's pressumably going to be featured in some special event mission then.
I could not find the statement but I also believe that I read that someone at Cryptic said that an Ambassador class ship will be a mission reward coming out very soon.

As for the people that think that it's ugly. I think people want to because its a part of canon and Enterprise history. Just like I got an Excelsior - I didn't get it because it's streamlined like a 25 year old woman, it's has more serious aesthetics like Grandpa with a shotgun!
Captain
# 5
11-13-2012, 02:50 PM
Quote:
Yes that I understood about the layout you gave. No Ltc means no other 'big' power except in the Cmdr seat. Even so, a Cmdr Universal is still very powerful because it does allow you to choose.

As for the Conn Officers, they don't affect the duration, but the cooldown. There are ones out there which reduce the cooldown on Attack Patterns Beta, Delta, and Omega by 15%, and you can stack 3 of them. Between them, you can have constant, or near constant usage of an Attack Pattern of your choosing. So the damage buff, defense buff, immunity to movement debuffs, etc etc.
Oh i know it's powerful and there have to be compromises, no questions there.

Also sorry, honestly didn't know about those DoFF's, never seen one, all mine are -evasve manuvers and -tac team CD ones. That does make it a good deal nastier, though the same technichlly goes for the regent and Excelsior, APO1 is weaker but still nasty.

If the whole STF issue does turn out to be a bug i'll probably write a littile thread on cruisers.
Career Officer
# 6
11-21-2012, 02:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dastahl View Post

In January we'll be releasing an Andorian Ship on the Federation side to be quickly followed by the STO 3 Year Anniversary Event. This special celebration will be released with a new one-off Feature Episode. If you were at the Star Trek convention in San Francisco this last weekend, Denise Crosby would have you believe that this episode is going to be all about Tasha Yar and Sela. We'll see... anything can happen.

The anniversary event will also offer a new special free ship for both Fed and Kdf players much like we gave away the Odyssey during last year's event.

Guessing, considering the Denise Crosby/Tasha/Sela reference and the significance of that, the "special free ship" (federation) COULD be the Ambassador class.

STAR TREK BATTLES - HIGH DPS PLAYERS NEED NOT APPY
Captain
# 7
11-12-2012, 11:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by misterde3 View Post
When Cryptic and CBS held the "Design the next Enterprise" contest CBS made it clear that as a ship that held the name U.S.S. Enterprise, it must be a cruiser.
Ah well, not interested in it then. Cruisers in this game aren't worth a dime, unless you're playing a healer in PvP or No win scenario.
Previously Alendiak
Daizen - Lvl 50 Engineer - Fleet Avenger
Selia - Lvl 50 Tactical - Fleet Avenger
Toval - Lvl 50 Tactical - Fleet Mogai

Last edited by orondis; 11-12-2012 at 11:10 AM.
Starfleet Veteran
# 8
11-26-2012, 09:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by misterde3 View Post
Uh didnt the NX 01 was a Tactical ship not a cruiser??????
Captain
# 9
11-26-2012, 01:56 PM
I could see the Ambassador being the first Cruiser with a dedicated LTC Sci station, with more shielding then the Galaxy and more Hull then the Nebula, and manuverability somewhere between, without being too extreme.
Constant exposure to the same opinions leads to continual reinforcement of ideas until eventually, any challenge, no matter what form it takes, is going to be met with a disproportionate sense of outrage. Room for reasoned discussion can no longer occur.

Career Officer
# 10
11-27-2012, 01:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by uss917019 View Post
Uh didnt the NX 01 was a Tactical ship not a cruiser??????
That's right, but you missed something:

CBS said "U.S.S. Enteprise", like I wrote in the post you quoted.
The NX-01 was not called "U.S.S. Enteprise", only "Enterprise".