Career Officer
Hi all,

For anyone who has the resonance cascade module off the steamrunner class, I have three questions:

1) Is this console indeed usable on any starship, or only the steamrunner?

2) Does the shield boost power impact yourself as well, or only your teammates?

3) What is the cooldown on the power?

Thanks!
Captain
# 2
11-14-2012, 05:59 AM
1) Any Ship
2) Yes
3) 3 mins

Or so I have heard..
Career Officer
# 3
11-14-2012, 07:20 AM
Thanks for the info, dalnar83.

I'm debating picking this console up for my tanking assault cruiser...but I'm not sure if I'd better off with this console or another field generator or a shield regen console.

So far this looks promising though, as it would be helpful to negate bleed through against the tac cube in ise and provide additional team support when things get "bad."

Has anyone actually tried this console yet? Do you think it'd be worth it?
Commander
# 4
11-14-2012, 07:33 AM
I was using it last night on my Vesta in ISE, Fleet events, and Starbase 24. It definetly helps as an "Oh SH*T" button. However, I wouldn't advise using it to replace a field generator, as that's kind of counter productive. 17.5%+ less of shields for a 20% resistance, rather than having both and sacrificing a tactical or engineering slot. But that's just me and my obsession with high shield numbers.

[Unrepentant] Lapo@overlapo: the problem with space STF
is that you can't properly teabag your defeated opponent

Unrepentant: Home of the Rainbow Warrior and the Rainbow Brigade.
Career Officer
# 5
11-14-2012, 07:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by daiouvegeta2 View Post
I was using it last night on my Vesta in ISE, Fleet events, and Starbase 24. It definetly helps as an "Oh SH*T" button. However, I wouldn't advise using it to replace a field generator, as that's kind of counter productive. 17.5%+ less of shields for a 20% resistance, rather than having both and sacrificing a tactical or engineering slot. But that's just me and my obsession with high shield numbers.
Oh yeah, I wouldn't dream of giving up one field generator...i was thinking of this instead of a second one. But this does sound like a really good candidate for an engineering console just the same...thanks for the input.
Career Officer
# 6
11-14-2012, 04:39 PM
Its on sale for USD $9.99 right now... I picked up one. Should be interesting...