Former PWE Community Team Lead
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 9,046
# 1 These are the STO Forums
11-14-2012, 01:59 PM
Hi Captains,

This is your friendly reminder that these are the STO forums -- this is also the STO PvP Feedback sub-forum. Threads about other topics, including other games, will be moved or removed. Creation of these posts or threads falls under the forum rules as "Spamming". Breaking this rule will lead to moderation from myself and the Community Mod team.

I understand the PvP Community's frustration and can empathize with it -- if you're playing another game, that's okay! But discuss it on their boards, not here. If one of you would like to make a thread in Ten Forward to be used for MWO, or any other game (there is already one for SWTOR), I'm okay with that. All subsequent posts or threads about that game will be merged with that one thread.

Thank you.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
Brandon "BranFlakes" Felczer | Former Community Team Lead for Perfect World Entertainment
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,158
# 2
11-14-2012, 02:05 PM
don't get me wrong, but i start to wish cryptic will not "fix" sto pvp. season 6 was great in most manners. for players ingame-income/progression season 7 is a great fail (hive space is just great, but why should i play that?)...
and as off my stated wish, i don't bother with anyone discussing something that they enjoy. sto makes it hard nowadays. you may should hear that metatext out of the mwo-hype and consider some changes ...

p.s.: if dil is a timed based currency, just add it to every missions (cause everything takes time in this game)!

Klink: House of Beautiful - J'Luc/Rom: Lag Industries - D'Waste/Fed-Sci: Lag Industries - IAM
Join Date Hoster: Dec 2011 - Join Date Symbiont: 1403 A.D. and not a dull moment
PvP improvements, coming since 2010 lol

Last edited by wast33; 11-14-2012 at 02:11 PM.
Captain
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 3,911
# 3
11-14-2012, 02:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwebranflakes View Post
Hi Captains,

This is your friendly reminder that these are the STO forums -- this is also the STO PvP Feedback sub-forum. Threads about other topics, including other games, will be moved or removed. Creation of these posts or threads falls under the forum rules as "Spamming". Breaking this rule will lead to moderation from myself and the Community Mod team.

I understand the PvP Community's frustration and can empathize with it -- if you're playing another game, that's okay! But discuss it on their boards, not here. If one of you would like to make a thread in Ten Forward to be used for MWO, or any other game (there is already one for SWTOR), I'm okay with that. All subsequent posts or threads about that game will be merged with that one thread.

Thank you.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
I for one appreciate people posting where there off to on this forum and WHY.

Perhaps Cryptic will at some point understand they have made a few errors along the way. There is a lot to love about STO no doubt... there is also things the competition is doing better.

Yes Cryptic has completely ignored PvP for 3 years. Its not shocking that they would loose customers to a superior PvP product.

Lets be frank... when you cancel your SUB to any game the Devs almost always ask you point blank WHY you have done so. In most cases they even ask what game you are off to play.

Seems to me people coming in here and explaining exactly why they are leaving or have left and what they have found is good info for Cryptic. Its real insight into what there competition is doing that there PAYING ex(or not yet ex) customers have found value in. (most good developers steal features that paying customers leave for and add them to their own games).

People posting in depth about other games are filling out that exit card in a more detailed way... not just selecting the "left for other game" drop down box... they explain What they found over there. If Cryptic is smart they would use this info to improve there own product. (in most cases those players that left still care about STO or at least the people still here so its in everyones interests to LISTEN right)

Now I understand you may not want real long winded conversations about competing product. No one does... however the fact that its happening HERE and not THERE... should be taken as a sign that people honestly want YOU to notice what is happening. Absorb what it is they are saying... go and take a good look at the competition (I have no doubt you do that already)... most importantly find away to steal there thunder.
THAT IS WHAT PEOPLE ARE REALLY HOPING YOU WILL DO... not post threads saying don't talk about the guy down the street guys.
When the messenger comes to appropriate your profits ... kill the messenger.

Last edited by antoniosalieri; 11-14-2012 at 02:17 PM.
Captain
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 856
# 4
11-14-2012, 02:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by antoniosalieri View Post
I for one appreciate people posting where there off to on this forum and WHY.

Perhaps Cryptic will at some point understand they have made a few errors along the way. There is a lot to love about STO no doubt... there is also things the competition is doing better.

Yes Cryptic has completely ignored PvP for 3 years. Its not shocking that they would loose customers to a superior PvP product.

Lets be frank... when you cancel your SUB to any game the Devs almost always ask you point blank WHY you have done so. In most cases they even ask what game you are off to play.

Seems to me people coming in here and explaining exactly why they are leaving or have left and what they have found is good info for Cryptic. Its real insight into what there competition is doing that there PAYING ex(or not yet ex) customers have found value in. (most good developers steal features that paying customers leave for and add them to their own games).

People posting in depth about other games are filling out that exit card in a more detailed way... not just selecting the "left for other game" drop down box... they explain What they found over there. If Cryptic is smart they would use this info to improve there own product. (in most cases those players that left still care about STO or at least the people still here so its in everyones interests to LISTEN right)

Now I understand you may not want real long winded conversations about competing product. No one does... however the fact that its happening HERE and not THERE... should be taken as a sign that people honestly want YOU to notice what is happening. Absorb what it is they are saying... go and take a good look at the competition (I have no doubt you do that already)... most importantly find away to steal there thunder.
THAT IS WHAT PEOPLE ARE REALLY HOPING YOU WILL DO... not post threads saying don't talk about the guy down the street guys.
Exactly!!!
Quote:
ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ RIYOTT ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ: Have you wondered that maybe all the things they've added to the gaem lately is to literally make PvP unbearable? Because everything they've added has no use in PvE at all; we know the big boss hates 14 yo min maxers
Commander
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 363
# 5
11-14-2012, 03:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by antoniosalieri View Post
Now I understand you may not want real long winded conversations about competing product. No one does... however the fact that its happening HERE and not THERE... should be taken as a sign that people honestly want YOU to notice what is happening. Absorb what it is they are saying... go and take a good look at the competition (I have no doubt you do that already)... most importantly find away to steal there thunder.
THAT IS WHAT PEOPLE ARE REALLY HOPING YOU WILL DO... not post threads saying don't talk about the guy down the street guys.
The point of no return for Cryptic/PWE is when they announced the content for S7. They were committed to their season being that way. There was absolutely no reason to continue agitating the situation about MWO and how great it is. When you say something over and over, it's considered to be spam. People shouldn't have to scroll through threads/posts to find a relevant post to STO about whats being discussed. And when someone posts something about it not being right, they shouldn't be called a dictator lol.

The people that made these posts had no regard for the terms of service. They should of been considerate of those that stayed committed to the game, and the stated terms of service. This is a STO Forum. MWO can pack up and leave.

Waves tainted, torn but sewed together, and lightly burnt STO PvP flag with pride.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 514
# 6
11-14-2012, 03:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by paxottoman View Post
The point of no return for Cryptic/PWE is when they announced the content for S7. They were committed to their season being that way. There was absolutely no reason to continue agitating the situation about MWO and how great it is. When you say something over and over, it's considered to be spam. People shouldn't have to scroll through threads/posts to find a relevant post to STO about whats being discussed. And when someone posts something about it not being right, they shouldn't be called a dictator lol.

The people that made these posts had no regard for the terms of service. They should of been considerate of those that stayed committed to the game, and the stated terms of service. This is a STO Forum. MWO can pack up and leave.

Waves tainted, torn but sewed together, and lightly burnt STO PvP flag with pride.
You have no idea how long we've been committed to this game and to the players no matter how grim the situation may have seemed, I'm pretty sure there are enough players, who have been here for much longer then you in the PvP world who have been silenced for long enough and finally decided they cannot stand it any longer.

You, I have never seen you in the early PvP days I think you don't know what you're talking about as a relative newcomer. Yet you talk like you'v all experienced it with us.
Commander
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 321
# 7
11-14-2012, 03:55 PM
There is a PVP outside of STO? :shocked:
[10:49] [Combat (Self)] Your Proton Barrage deals 96581 (43411) Proton(Critical) to Seto.
Poor soul didnt have time to log out.
Captain
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 13,602
# 8
11-14-2012, 03:59 PM
Cryptic saying they care about PvP is not a lie just because they do not care about PvP as much as you do.

If I like cherry pie, it doesn't change that I like cherry pie just because I don't love cherry pie like you do.
Commander
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 434
# 9
11-14-2012, 04:01 PM
Exactly. What makes it a lie is that what they say and what they do don't really match up. I'm glad that point could be further clarified though.
__________________________________________
Foundry: Yet Another Borg Mission
It's terrible but easy, and these Borg are way cooler than the mess STO and Voyager left us.
May not actually be "way" cooler or even "slightly" cooler.
Commander
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 363
# 10
11-14-2012, 04:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by marctraiderz View Post
You have no idea how long we've been committed to this game and to the players no matter how grim the situation may have seemed, I'm pretty sure there are enough players, who have been here for much longer then you in the PvP world who have been silenced for long enough and finally decided they cannot stand it any longer.

You, I have never seen you in the early PvP days I think you don't know what you're talking about as a relative newcomer. Yet you talk like you'v all experienced it with us.
Yeah, then you wonder why they won't work with you on making the game. Just look at your bitterness towards new players man.

What makes you think they should invest on a bully like you paying for a game? You think people will stick around when you go around calling them a noob? It's also a problem with people who just go around trying to push other people around because they haven't been around long enough.

Well look man, we beat you guys with the limited time we've been in this game. We deserve a little more respect than that none sense.

With respect to what's going on with PvP, it's a done deal. They're not fixing it. They're basically telling you to pack up and leave. And we just mind as well do that regardless of how long who's been here. We aren't going to measure lengths of subscriptions to compare frustrations over current problems. The same problems in this game effect us all the same way. It won't be done with you excluding others or being busy doing that. They don't give a crap about you and your lousy pride about being around so long, if anything they're glad you paid all that money and you're taking it out on someone new. Kudos to you MT. You strife with your own kind, a PvPer who wants exactly the same thing you want. Well guess what, they're not doing it for you or me.
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:26 AM.