Commander
The new vesta ship looks very good. However it is far too expensive to buy.
Do the devs think we all are loaded with lots of money? No we are not.
Please review the price of this ship and make it more affordable.

On a separate note,the projects are extortiately expensive especially in dilithium.
We do not all have pots of money to spend on this game.
If you keep pushing prices up,you will lose players.
I do understand that cryptic/pw is a business and you have to make money,but please understand we are not all rich and can afford anything you put into this game.
Prices on everything including resources on all projects needs to come right down,so us ordinary people can afford it.
In conclusion,keep putting prices up and you will lose players.
Get prices on all things and all projects right down,and that will attract more new players to STO.
Please help us have more fun,and do not penalise us.
Survivor of Romulus
# 2
11-15-2012, 03:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaz200565 View Post
The new vesta ship looks very good. However it is far too expensive to buy.
Do the devs think we all are loaded with lots of money?
STO's playerbase is one of the more affluent ones in MMO's, so yes they do think "we" can afford it.
Career Officer
# 3
11-15-2012, 03:59 AM
Buying the bundle, and considering this is a F2P I don't think they're overpriced.

I'm not rich. or have pots of money.

Also, could you define what a 'ordinary' person is?

In any case, just because I can't afford everything in the game doesn't mean that prices should drop. I pick and chose what I pay for and what I really want that will make the game enjoyable.

Last edited by kahless2001; 11-15-2012 at 04:06 AM.
Starfleet Veteran
# 4
11-15-2012, 04:16 AM
New ship, new "OMG TOO SPENSIVE" thread.

Look at it this way:

STO is free to play. The effective cost to play, not counting time and internet bills or other stuff, is $0. For an F2P game, STO is surprisingly generous, and PVP aside, is quite well-balanced. Case in point: the prison-grade restrictions imposed on free players in The Old Republic (INCLUDING artificially slowed XP gain). So there's that.

If YOU owned your own MMO or Star Trek singleplayer game (which would make your cost-to-play $0), one that had as much content as STO does now, ask yourself how much it would cost YOU to hire a programmers, artists, and other developers to design, model, program, and implement a 3 versions of the Vesta in your game.

Sure as hell it would cost MORE than fifty dollars (or 25 dollars).

From that perspective, it's practically a steal!

Plus, compared to the Odyssey pack you get a lot more value, with effectively 3 ship skins, and TWO set bonuses if you have all 3 consoles equipped.

Long story short: YES, it's expensive but NO, it's not "overpriced".

Last edited by unangbangkay; 11-15-2012 at 04:18 AM.
Career Officer
# 5
11-15-2012, 04:32 AM
Ultimately, its all about how badly you want the ship. If you really want to add it to your growing collection of ships and/or you love the new abilities that the Vesta, then you will think it is worth it.

If you think it is overpriced, perhaps you can wait a couple of months and see if Cryptic will have another special offer or discount for all items on the C-Store then buy it.
Captain
# 6
11-15-2012, 04:48 AM
Well it's only 99,75

... days of 8k dil per day!

But I am sure they are glad to hear you really want the ship, question now is how bad do you want it

I am grateful they haven't released anything I HAVE to have, hell, I grinded my way to my favorite ship in a cruiser and I hated every second of it

Only to find out there is a better version for free on the klingon side, gg.
Lieutenant
# 7
11-15-2012, 04:45 AM
I gave up trying to backup topics such as this because it seems the STO community is fine with the insanely priced virtual items for sale in the Z-Store.

I'll post the same example I posted back when the Odyssey bundle was released:
For three virtual items, it costs about the same price as a newly released game (unless it's an independent game, then you could perhaps get two or three games for that price). I don't care who you are, that is just loopy, especially after paying for gold or a lifetime subscription.

I mean you only have to think about it for a second to realise how deranged prices are for crumbs of additional content.

charging non subcribers for that content seems fair, that would actually make sense, but for people who are shelling out an already borderlining price to play the game is insulting.

Then there's lock boxes... Mhm I am not even going to waste my time explaining these because it's just that painfully insulting.

I guess the only reason I posted this today is because it just hurts to see such wasted potential get whored out.
Survivor of Romulus
# 8
11-15-2012, 04:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by manwholaughs View Post
I gave up trying to backup topics such as this because it seems the STO community is fine with the insanely priced virtual items for sale in the Z-Store.

I'll post the same example I posted back when the Odyssey bundle was released:
For three virtual items, it costs about the same price as a newly released game (unless it's an independent game, then you could perhaps get two or three games for that price). I don't care who you are, that is just loopy, especially after paying for gold or a lifetime subscription.

I mean you only have to think about it for a second to realise how deranged prices are for crumbs of additional content.

charging non subcribers for that content seems fair, that would actually make sense, but for people who are shelling out an already borderlining price to play the game is insulting.

Then there's lock boxes... Mhm I am not even going to waste my time explaining these because it's just that painfully insulting.

I guess the only reason I posted this today is because it just hurts to see such wasted potential get whored out.
These ships aren't made from thin air. Many man-hours are put into these three ships, man-hours that cost money.

Artists, programmers and of course CBS and Mr Rademaker all cost money.

I think the price is right considering its account wide, some other games its per character.
Commander
# 9
11-15-2012, 04:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by unangbangkay View Post
New ship, new "OMG TOO SPENSIVE" thread.

Look at it this way:

STO is free to play. The effective cost to play, not counting time and internet bills or other stuff, is $0. For an F2P game, STO is surprisingly generous, and PVP aside, is quite well-balanced. Case in point: the prison-grade restrictions imposed on free players in The Old Republic (INCLUDING artificially slowed XP gain). So there's that.

If YOU owned your own MMO or Star Trek singleplayer game (which would make your cost-to-play $0), one that had as much content as STO does now, ask yourself how much it would cost YOU to hire a programmers, artists, and other developers to design, model, program, and implement a 3 versions of the Vesta in your game.

Sure as hell it would cost MORE than fifty dollars (or 25 dollars).

From that perspective, it's practically a steal!

Plus, compared to the Odyssey pack you get a lot more value, with effectively 3 ship skins, and TWO set bonuses if you have all 3 consoles equipped.

Long story short: YES, it's expensive but NO, it's not "overpriced".
Not defending either side of this thread, just read it and like to supply my 2 cents of stating it costs $0 to mod ships into a game, case and point: http://starfleetcommand3.filefront.com/

And there's umpteen other sites for SFC, Armada, BC, etc etc etc.
Lieutenant
# 10
11-15-2012, 04:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fiberteksyfir View Post
Not defending either side of this thread, just read it and like to supply my 2 cents of stating it costs $0 to mod ships into a game, case and point: http://starfleetcommand3.filefront.com/

And there's umpteen other sites for SFC, Armada, BC, etc etc etc.
*Sigh* Yup... just rubs it in even further!