Starfleet Veteran
# 1 Reputation Sys - EC Demands
11-15-2012, 05:38 PM
The Reputation System is going to be a big drain on our EC since there are large demands for material that require EC to obtain (large hypos, provisions, etc...); the amount of EC I saw spent on Tier 0 makes me wonder how much is going to be demanded for the top tiers.

If there is going to be an EC drain then at least add some EC rewarding activities or Doff missions that will provide more of the resources needed for Reputaion tasks.

Many folks are saving EC to make purchases on Exchange or to buy items that will be used during play, as opposed to dumping into the Rep "blackhole". Reduce the pain and avoid unnecessary complaints about the feeling of being robbed by the system grind.
Commander
# 2
11-15-2012, 05:39 PM
Well honestly, there was really no need for EC at VA anyways.... Except for the XII consoles but other than that, nothing. So this is actually a good move.
The Average PvP player

1) Teamwork and timing is #1
2) You cannot "Kirk It" in every ship
3) You are going to die, just get back up
Captain
# 3
11-15-2012, 08:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by starcommando101 View Post
Well honestly, there was really no need for EC at VA anyways.... Except for the XII consoles but other than that, nothing. So this is actually a good move.
Consoles
Weapons and equipment (especially relevant now)
DOFFs!!
Ships
Crafting materials
Contraband
Reward packs of a thousand flavors
Keys
Unusual consumables

The exchange becomes a thousand times more relevant when you hit VA because now you can start getting things that are going to stick with you and not be outdated in five hours. And EC is the language of the exchange.

I do have a kind of pet theory that with all the fuss and bother over dilithium, Cryptic is very quietly stabbing EC in the back. It's the only currency we have that is transferrable between players, and as a result, it's the only currency they don't directly control the distribution and acquisition of. They could prove me wrong by adding some reasonable ways to earn EC beyond Tour the Universe, which is incredibly boring and only available at some hours.
Captain
# 4
11-15-2012, 08:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by starcommando101 View Post
True.Who would want to buy a lockbox ship with ec or other things from lobistore,or equipment when you can spend 200000000000000000 years trying to find a mk XII DHC accx3 ....

*facepalm*
Career Officer
# 5
11-15-2012, 08:15 PM
I use to use the loot from STFs to get EC, now they have taken this away from us. Since the EC requirement is now higher, they need to bring back loot drops to STFs.
"Would you mind not standing on my chest? My hat's on fire." - The Doctor

My Let's Play Series of STO - http://www.youtube.com/user/JustGaming4Us
Captain
# 6
11-17-2012, 04:40 PM
I Agree with the OP they should make EC drops....

So far they removed it from PVP, PVE, and selling the ship parts from your new ship....
If you are lucky you can save up some EC these days but I know why Cryptic had to remove it otherwise we wouldn't buy from them with our dillitium but we would bought it all from the exchange with EC I mean the keys and Lockboxes.

But despite to say it would be nice if they make more ways to earn EC because not everyone have 100K EC these days .....

Greets
Career Officer
# 7
11-17-2012, 04:52 PM
Sorry, but, "not everyone has 100k ec these days"... who are these people? Do they play the game or just visit the forums? Vendoring junk drops from 30 minutes of play can net amounts in excess of 100k.

If I hear one more suggestion of how much better the game would be if Cryptic could funnel all game rewards into those 6 retched STFs, so that diehards don't have to play any other aspect of the game, I'll lose my wits.
nynik | Join Date: Dec 2009
<Dev> Oaks@dstahl: *checks for CBS listening devices in the office*
Lt. Commander
# 8
11-17-2012, 06:13 PM
Just play Starbase 24 for loot drops. Tour the Galaxy will give you 500k at least a day.

I can't believe some people think that we are entering an EC recession.
http://stosignatures.ufplanets.com/Thomas45-STO.png

{UFP}Thomas45 - Thomas Nixon U.S.S. Majesty Unbound
Captain
# 9
11-18-2012, 08:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thomas12255 View Post
Just play Starbase 24 for loot drops. Tour the Galaxy will give you 500k at least a day.

I can't believe some people think that we are entering an EC recession.
My last three Starbase 24 runs have earned me an average of 12k each. My best yet was a nice green deflector drop that went for 50k but that was more than a month back.

I've been playing for 3 months, I have never yet been online while tour the universe was available. Based on the schedule I doubt that I will have a chance to try it before 2013.

As best as I can tell, my only option to get EC is to pull it from other players via the market. I have, functionally, almost no ability to actually earn it in play.

Vendoring loot from running missions gets me about 30k/hour on my VA50 and 7k/hour on my lower alts at best, because time spent at the tailor, or setting up doff missions or travelling or running STFs or this or that or that other thing I earn nothing at all. I only have about 6 hours a week I get to play. With all the EC sinks, this past month I've been losing money over time not earning it. Since season 7, I've been bleeding money far faster than I earn it.

That said, I agree that putting loot back into the STFs is not the answer. Personally, to help the newer people like me I have a totally different suggestion: If they'd remove all consumable item drops from combat and replace them with white items, that would go a looooong way towards helping us newer players. When you loot an enemy and get something that vendors for 8ec (not 8k, just eight total) instead of a couple thousand... it's a sad feeling. I get somewhere around 4 consumables for every white item. This change would be enormous for those of us who don't get a lot of hours in-game and do like to play missions. and it doesn't rely on the STF.

Until then, I'm doing surveys for zen and selling keys haha.

Last edited by gavinruneblade; 11-18-2012 at 08:12 PM.
Ensign
Quote:
Originally Posted by adrianm63 View Post
True.Who would want to buy a lockbox ship with ec or other things from lobistore,or equipment when you can spend 200000000000000000 years trying to find a mk XII DHC accx3 ....

*facepalm*
I am having issues understanding how this is all related to acquiring anything I am trying to achieve. I am trying to acquire Borg tech and Omega rep (to achieve Omega marks). How is it all possible? Someone told me it works for Omega rep to do Fleet missions, is this true? What must I do (be as descriptive as possible to get the point across) to achieve Borg tech for my starship?