1) Remove dilithium completely from STFs.
2) Put it back in, in lower-but-acceptable amounts, after huge player complaints, forcing a patch and downtime on the day SWTOR went F2P.
3) Clearly not be happy about it, hide the 'announcement' in the News forum and an edited blog.
4) Remove ability to privately queue for it; revert back to having to first form a party to be able to then start an STF - an annoying but not insurmountable step.
5) Increase cooldown timer on STFs?
6) Enjoy your cake, hope it tastes nice.
To my understanding there is a bug in STF private queues that players are exploiting to earn a large amount of rewards in a short amount of time. They will fix it and reinstate it eventually. I don't do STFs, but if there is indeed an increased cooldown on them it is either a bug, or intentional to prevent players from using an exploit until they can fix it.