Rihannsu
# 1 Photonic Shakespeare
11-16-2012, 02:47 PM
I've been away from STO for about 6 months, came back to fiddle with Season 7, and on my first day back I was messing around with my DOff missions. I found one about my crew putting on a performance of Hamlet. I'm maxed-out in all DOff commendations (150k/100k in everything but Recruitment, which I think is at something like 130k/100k) for a very long time, but still one of my favorite things about the DOff system has always been those small slices of RP that are included with many of the assignments.

So when I saw that assignment, I accepted just for the fun of it. I remember being surprised at how many DOffs it required, and it appeared to want certain cast members of the actual play. I had a few of those already, so I threw them in.

The mission completed and I happened to get a Critical Success. And Behold! I got a Shakespeare Photo-DOff. That was awesome! I mean, I knew about the Hamlet-themed Photo-DOffs (which were great!), but I didn't know the Bard, Himself, existed as well.

It's silly, I know, but I was so very pleased.

It made my day.

Thanks to whichever Dev (Heretic?) who put that in.

You can find/contact me in game as @PatricianVetinari. Original Join Date: Feb 2010.
Need Help with Ship's Power? Check out my Ship Power Guide and Calculator.