Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Star Trek Online General Discussion
Login

Captain
The daily fleet action is having the 1440 dilthium removed and replaced with 50 fleet marks

So they listened and added the 50 fleet marks back - should help out small fleets

Quote:
We will be bringing the Tribble server down for maintenance to apply a new update.
ST.25.20121026a.28

General:
The Daily fleet action missions now grant 50 Fleet Marks instead of Dilithium.
These are the daily missions offered by Yanishev on the Fed side, and B'Mera on the KDF side.
Captain
So it looks like the Fleet Action dailies are now going to reward 50 fleet marks instead of 1440 Dilithium, at least if the build on Tribble goes live.

Frankly this sucks. I was fairly defensive of Season 7, but this probably shifts the balance between me participating in the Dilithium economy and not. It just won't be worth it...

There comes a point where the shortness of Dilithium just stops people from caring about it; rather than increasing it's value, it cheapens it.
Empire Veteran
# 3
11-20-2012, 01:24 PM
i hear that in the next tribble patch they are actually taking away 50 dilithium per match.
So it costs 50 dilithium just to enter the queue.
Career Officer
# 4
11-20-2012, 01:26 PM
Sooo...nerfed dili and featured projects requiring 200k dili now ever couple of weeks instead of every 3 weeks. I really want to keep playing this game, but its going to get a lot quieter. So much for the MMO experience.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chalpen View Post
i hear that in the next tribble patch they are actually taking away 50 dilithium per match.
Where is my "troll-be-gone"?
Hi, my name is: Elim Garak, Former Cardassian Oppressor

LTS, here since...when did this game launch again?
Lt. Commander
# 5
11-20-2012, 01:28 PM
...Those gave 1440 Dilithium?

WHY DID I NOT KNOW THIS?! *scrambles to go do them all today, and every day, until the patch goes live*
Ensign
# 6
12-21-2012, 12:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by chalpen View Post
Since dilithium rewards have been reduced or eliminated for many missions why doesnt PW reduce the excessive amounts of dilithium requirements for building of starbases. I mean 200,000 dilithium for upgrades and additions to star bases has all but killed and destroyed the development and builing of star bases.
Captain
# 7
12-28-2012, 11:24 PM
It doesn't matter that they put it back, when I queue the game is almost over and I don't have the time to complete the optional objectives for the fleet dailies to get my dil and fleet marks. This sucks bad!
I want an official persistent officer title.
**~Reality under scrutiny~**
@haudace
UFP Fleet: Operation Omega Task Force | KDF Fleet: KHG Klingon Honor Guard
Career Officer
# 8
11-21-2012, 08:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by walshicus View Post
So it looks like the Fleet Action dailies are now going to reward 50 fleet marks instead of 1440 Dilithium, at least if the build on Tribble goes live.

Frankly this sucks. I was fairly defensive of Season 7, but this probably shifts the balance between me participating in the Dilithium economy and not. It just won't be worth it...

There comes a point where the shortness of Dilithium just stops people from caring about it; rather than increasing it's value, it cheapens it.
Yo man, I heard you like to earn dilithium while you earn your dilithium ...

Frankly, having a wrapper give dil for missions that now give dil was redundant. Sure, it's a bummer whenever you get less dilithium, but having your entire interest in the economy hinging on the in-game equivalent of a tax loophole? That's like a CEO saying that he'll probably give up working altogether if he doesn't get his Christmas bonus on top of his performance bonus.
Lieutenant
# 9
11-21-2012, 09:05 AM
At the rate PWE/Cryptic is nerfing dilithium on Federation missions it will be a wonder if anybody is going to be left playing them if it keeps up.

In the meantime, I'll just keep plugging away with my KDF tactical alts- Academy (480) + Pi Canis (4320) + We Need Breathing Room (1440) + STF (960) + STF (960) = 8160 in approx 45 minutes.

As of now, my 3 Federation toons are strictly for gathering the minimum amount of Romulan Marks, Omega Marks and Neural Processors required to finish the reputation system in addition to turning in all the contraband my KDF toons rake in.
Captain
# 10
11-21-2012, 09:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by denizenvi View Post
Yo man, I heard you like to earn dilithium while you earn your dilithium ...

Frankly, having a wrapper give dil for missions that now give dil was redundant. Sure, it's a bummer whenever you get less dilithium, but having your entire interest in the economy hinging on the in-game equivalent of a tax loophole? That's like a CEO saying that he'll probably give up working altogether if he doesn't get his Christmas bonus on top of his performance bonus.
Bonus? It's more like they took away your entire salary.
I want an official persistent officer title.
**~Reality under scrutiny~**
@haudace
UFP Fleet: Operation Omega Task Force | KDF Fleet: KHG Klingon Honor Guard