Lieutenant
OK, So every time this season we find a source of Dil, the devs remove it, or cut it down to nothing.

Why? They want us to buy dil on the exchange. OK, That makes sence. Real money to Dil, fast and easy.

But... if we can't get dil, how does the dil get onto the exchange so people can buy it with their real money?

I'm fine with the idea of someone buying dil from me with real money, which goes to support the game, but now that I can't get dil in any quantity it's harder for me to sell to the people who bought zen.

In short, making dil mean more in game makes sence. Keeping me from farming it doesn't.
Empire Veteran
# 2
11-20-2012, 03:42 PM
buy it from me when I drop it in the exchange.
So the source is from me.
Empire Veteran
# 3
11-20-2012, 04:54 PM
You do understand, that at any point, Crypitc/ PWE can drop X amount of dil on the exchange at any time?

They can price "fix" what they consider to be a good price for dil. In other words, once players get fed up trying to collect enough dil to sell, the company can step in and be the only ones selling dil.

So you pay the company for Zen, to spand Zen on the dil from the company..... ergo, less ways to earn dil, as we might under cut them :p
Which one will you be?

Commander
# 4
11-20-2012, 06:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jockey1979 View Post
You do understand, that at any point, Crypitc/ PWE can drop X amount of dil on the exchange at any time?

They can price "fix" what they consider to be a good price for dil. In other words, once players get fed up trying to collect enough dil to sell, the company can step in and be the only ones selling dil.

So you pay the company for Zen, to spand Zen on the dil from the company..... ergo, less ways to earn dil, as we might under cut them :p
That is a pretty serious charge. If there were ever any admissible evidence that PWE was doing this, they'd have a lawsuit on their hands.
Starfleet Veteran
# 5
11-20-2012, 06:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by atomictiki View Post
That is a pretty serious charge. If there were ever any admissible evidence that PWE was doing this, they'd have a lawsuit on their hands.
Why? What laws are they violating? If people purchase zen for items in the game (such as new ships) which are provided by Cryptic - then how is it illegal for them to "sell" dilithium?

I personally believe that this is exactly what is happening and it explains the reaction of the exchange.
There are Four Lights... say no to ARC
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Fleet: 1st Order of Role-Players' Guild - gaming together since 2004
Empire Veteran
# 6
11-21-2012, 06:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by atomictiki View Post
I'm not saying they are, if you read my post, I said they "can" do that - I did not say they "are" doing that.

Do I think they are doing that... well yes, but my opinion is my own and does not class as evidence, but from a business stand point, if you can "have your cake and eat it" - it makes sense to.

All I'm doing is pointing out that it is possible for it to happen, and as the post above says, it would explain the exchange reactions when forms of dil are changed.

If it ever came to light that I am correct, I will crack up laughing at all the shocked/ upset / hurt / surprised people out there.

If a typical dumb Irishman can see it as possible, the rest of you have no excuse
Which one will you be?

Career Officer
# 7
11-21-2012, 07:19 AM
You're "supposed" to login daily and run Fleet Actions and STFs under this design.

I find it much easier to hit 8k on a single character, which I almost never did before because it involved traveling around for dailies.

It's just harder for me to get the 15k I used to get from a mix of 7 alts.
Captain
# 8
11-21-2012, 07:28 AM
Eh, I've seen 100k blocks of zen suddenly drop on the market to hold down a price point. Wouldn't be surprised to see it happen on the other end. There are very few possibilities of who can throw that much around at once, and at a consistent frequency.

That said, getting back on topic, I'm not sure I agree. Recently, we've been seeing changes to the sources of income. The rewards are smaller, but more frequent. I'm all for them going the route of adding a little bit of dilithium to everything instead of only being able to get large lumps through very specific tasks.

At least on the surface, it feels like they got the message that we want to be able to get the time-based, progression-restricting currency by playing the way we want to play instead of being funneled into arbitrary 'feeder' tasks we may not enjoy spending our recreational time doing.