Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Commander
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 363
Well here we are again...

In this video, nobody was using Voldemort. The tric bombers were using target engines/viral to deliver average of 35k per mine hits on their opponents.

We separated ourselves from the fight after one kill to see how far they would go with them 2 vs 5. Here was the results:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kVKA625XUf4&feature=plcp

This is happening daily in the queues. People are getting tric bombed all the time. The sheer amount of damage done by these mines is just absurd. A lot of PvP fleets have ruled out the use of buffed tricobalt mines from their premades.

This is a practical video of what happens in the queues. Acknowledge there being something wrong with the picture, or you can continue to call this whatever you want to call it. The guys dropping the mines by no means were a PvP Fleet, they really aren't learning anything from being a 1 'tric' pony. So in the interest of maintaining some kind of fairness for those that are the majority in this video, I suggest a thorough review and recommend a 75% reduction in damage to the tricobalt mines.

A) They disable, its potently good enough when spec'd into decompiler
B) They deploy 2 or more with each dispersal pattern
C) 10k per mine with AOE explosions (the only mine that does it), doesn't gimp it. 3 mines 30k damage to target is not bad. And AOE to anything near the target, still potent, and AOE friendly

Just imagine if Turkish RP Heroes ran tricobalt mines on everyone. The raging and ranting would be immense. Our trics would hit on average around 50k+ per mine hit. These German Snake Division guys hit at 35k per mine. I am not saying there is no counter, but there is an overwhelming punishment dealt by these mines to people who even try their best to stop them.

The group in this video employed TBR, gravity well, faw. They were unsuccessful for the most part, and worst of all they out numbered their opponents 5 to 2.

They managed to kill the Apophis guy around 4 times during the video before we had enough of watching it. The guy in the time ship, despite fighting 5v1 (I know it's possible without tipler console) held out almost exclusively due to the tipler console. A crutch in essence is in effect for those that use that console. Not to bash on anyone, but 9th Snake Division is a PvE fleet, they blew up cubes with trics now are doing this in the queues.

Just because STFS were too hard for some, I don't think tricobalts should of been an easy solution for them to get their STF fix. The implications of that decision are in this video.

Some of you may advocate the use of trics being ok, the torpedos sure. In fact they have a self damage deal that is reasonable. These tric mines should AT LEAST damage their own upon AOE explosions as well just like their torpedo counterpart.

I'll conclude by saying that 3 of our Turkish RP Heroe guys played against 5 Klingons. Winning short handed is possible, but difficult. We did not use tricobalt mines, the result was 15-9. We're a PvP hardened fleet, the Snake Division isn't, and they showed great ease with demonstrating the easy use of tricobalts.

Will you nerf tricobalt mines and tipler console?

Last edited by paxottoman; 11-23-2012 at 01:11 PM.
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,111
# 2
11-23-2012, 01:10 PM
easy fix:

don't use the damn tric mines.
Empire Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 2,202
# 3
11-24-2012, 03:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thishorizon View Post
easy fix:

don't use the damn tric mines.
Another easy fix: use them and get a copy of TBRs in your team.
Captain
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 777
# 4
11-24-2012, 04:54 AM
Tractor Beam Repulsors are the easiest way to deal with mines. They even target mines which your ship's sensors haven't located yet.

The only real problem I see here is the use of tricobalts in conjunction with the tipler console. Without this console tricobalt mines are perfectly fine and there are enough ways to avoid or getting rid of them.
Rihannsu
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,531
# 5
11-24-2012, 06:49 AM
And now to sound like a salesman...

Tricobalt Mines got you down?

Can't keep your AOE's up to keep them down?

Have no fear! Auxilery to Battery x 2 + 3 Technician Duty officers are right for you!

Behold as all your Bridge officer powers become Global Cool down!

Eject Warp Plasma fading too fast? No problem! With the Aux 2 Bat combo, it never disappears!

So hurry while supplies are going fast!
You think that your beta test was bad?
Think about this:
American Football has been in open beta for 144 years. ~Kotaku
Empire Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 6,766
# 6
11-24-2012, 06:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by webdeath View Post
And now to sound like a salesman...

Tricobalt Mines got you down?

Can't keep your AOE's up to keep them down?

Have no fear! Auxilery to Battery x 2 + 3 Technician Duty officers are right for you!

Behold as all your Bridge officer powers become Global Cool down!

Eject Warp Plasma fading too fast? No problem! With the Aux 2 Bat combo, it never disappears!

So hurry while supplies are going fast!
I have a twinATB build I greatly enjoy. Its a quick build but hardly inbalanced or invulnerable.

Are some begining to cry about them too?

Pity STO, through poor balancing and a history of neglect for PvP, sound like it is turning the game into an enviroment that dislikes new ideas.
Richard Hamilton (1975-2014)
goodbye good friend. We will see you in the DMZ in the sky oneday, save a shot for us.
Captain
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 13,600
# 7
11-24-2012, 07:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by webdeath View Post
3 Technician Duty officers are right for you!
Have you seen the price of Techs lately?

750-800k for a Blue.


"Wheeeee, this is kind of fun. Oopsie...my bad."
Admiral Geist, Klingon Science Officer
Arcadia, Benthan Assault Cruiser
Survivor of Romulus
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 238
# 8
12-05-2012, 10:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by webdeath View Post
And now to sound like a salesman...

Tricobalt Mines got you down?

Can't keep your AOE's up to keep them down?

Have no fear! Auxilery to Battery x 2 + 3 Technician Duty officers are right for you!

Behold as all your Bridge officer powers become Global Cool down!

Eject Warp Plasma fading too fast? No problem! With the Aux 2 Bat combo, it never disappears!

So hurry while supplies are going fast!
sry just one problem dont get me wrong aux2bat with tech is awsome till u meet a sci who knows how to trgt ur aux sub sytem and u have no heals and a bad sensor scan hangover...and the the 4 escourts u just been tanking violate you...every one run aux2bat pls

aux2bat plus aux bat right after...8D
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,111
# 9
11-24-2012, 07:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by diogene0 View Post
Another easy fix: use them and get a copy of TBRs in your team.
get a specific power in a pug team? na. thats not going to happen. even when critz runs a full team thats rarely something we see as part of a real gameplan, because its a counter to a specific piece of overpowered cheese right now. we would rather work on better CC choices that lend to our kill cycle. (pushing people away and out of our escort's firing arcs is not good CC)

have fun kill bad guys
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 121
# 10
11-23-2012, 01:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by paxottoman View Post
Well here we are again...

In this video, nobody was using Voldemort. The tric bombers were using target engines/viral to deliver average of 35k per mine hits on their opponents.

We separated ourselves from the fight after one kill to see how far they would go with them 2 vs 5. Here was the results:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kVKA625XUf4&feature=plcp

This is happening daily in the queues. People are getting tric bombed all the time. The sheer amount of damage done by these mines is just absurd. A lot of PvP fleets have ruled out the use of buffed tricobalt mines from their premades.

This is a practical video of what happens in the queues. Acknowledge there being something wrong with the picture, or you can continue to call this whatever you want to call it. The guys dropping the mines by no means were a PvP Fleet, they really aren't learning anything from being a 1 'tric' pony. So in the interest of maintaining some kind of fairness for those that are the majority in this video, I suggest a thorough review and recommend a 75% reduction in damage to the tricobalt mines.

A) They disable, its potently good enough when spec'd into decompiler
B) They deploy 2 or more with each dispersal pattern
C) 10k per mine with AOE explosions (the only mine that does it), doesn't gimp it. 3 mines 30k damage to target is not bad. And AOE to anything near the target, still potent, and AOE friendly

Just imagine if Turkish RP Heroes ran tricobalt mines on everyone. The raging and ranting would be immense. Our trics would hit on average around 50k+ per mine hit. These German Snake Division guys hit at 35k per mine. I am not saying there is no counter, but there is an overwhelming punishment dealt by these mines to people who even try their best to stop them.

The group in this video employed TBR, gravity well, faw. They were unsuccessful for the most part, and worst of all they out numbered their opponents 5 to 2.

They managed to kill the Apophis guy around 4 times during the video before we had enough of watching it. The guy in the time ship, despite fighting 5v1 (I know it's possible without tipler console) held out almost exclusively due to the tipler console. A crutch in essence is in effect for those that use that console. Not to bash on anyone, but 9th Snake Division is a PvE fleet, they blew up cubes with trics now are doing this in the queues.

Just because STFS were too hard for some, I don't think tricobalts should of been an easy solution for them to get their STF fix. The implications of that decision are in this video.

Some of you may advocate the use of trics being ok, the torpedos sure. In fact they have a self damage deal that is reasonable. These tric mines should AT LEAST damage their own upon AOE explosions as well just like their torpedo counterpart.

I'll conclude by saying that 3 of our Turkish RP Heroe guys played against 5 Klingons. Winning short handed is possible, but difficult. We did not use tricobalt mines, the result was 15-9. We're a PvP hardened fleet, the Snake Division isn't, and they showed great ease with demonstrating the easy use of tricobalts.
Hmmm, consider this a Facebook "LIKE"
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:42 PM.