Captain
Just putting it out there, but personally I think that giving subscribers/lifetimers a 50% bonus to all Dilithium ore earned would solve a number of problems.

Players get more incentive to subscribe, those who already sub earn more Dilithium which has a greater chance feeding into the exchange, increasing the return on Zen sales for all players. Everybody wins!
Republic Veteran
# 2
11-28-2012, 02:28 AM
50% is a bit high and just might make more f2p players quit rather than sub.
Captain
# 3
11-28-2012, 02:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lianthelia View Post
50% is a bit high and just might make more f2p players quit rather than sub.
Why would you quit if your earning potential remained the same?
Career Officer
# 4
11-28-2012, 01:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by walshicus View Post
Studies have shown that when referring to self image absolute wealth is irrelevant. It's your wealth when compared to others. (yes, really)
Republic Veteran
# 5
11-28-2012, 03:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by walshicus View Post
I wouldn't quit...I have a lifetime...but I'm sure plenty of free players would be upset if subscribers suddenly made 50% more of the most important currency in the game.
Captain
# 6
11-28-2012, 04:02 PM
Loook i think it's great that they offer subscibers extras that only come with... well being a subscriber and from what i've seen they can refine a bit more in a day than a F2P can so thas a good thing. But to have a bunch of Sub's running around with millions of dilith and hundreds or thousands of zen that they have no need to spend it on is only going to cause players to lose interest as now they have nothing to really accomplish in game. Like all MMO's they are designed to eat up lots of time unlike most console games that once it's beat now what do you do, go out and buy another.
Survivor of Romulus
# 7
11-28-2012, 04:03 PM
Maybe its time to allow subscribers to have their stipend paid in dilithium (at 200 per Zen)
thus cutting out the ftp market entirely and getting them to subscribe

OR perhaps we could remove the cap for lifetimers and double it for subscribers (or halve it for ftps)
Captain
# 8
11-28-2012, 04:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sollvax View Post
Maybe its time to allow subscribers to have their stipend paid in dilithium (at 200 per Zen)
thus cutting out the ftp market entirely and getting them to subscribe

OR perhaps we could remove the cap for lifetimers and double it for subscribers (or halve it for ftps)
Ummm they tried just subscription based players and figured going F2P with subscription benefits to be a better solution for now, and unlike you they make their money however they see fit.
Lt. Commander
# 9
11-28-2012, 02:51 AM
What would that solve?

The current dilithium cap and all the dilithium nerfs they have done so far is to TRY stabilize the in game economy, and if you just add a ton of dilithium again.... well they would have to go back to the drawing board and do another try.

When the economy stabilizes (if ever) then some change is gonna be made. But the recent changes need some time (2-3 years?) to take effect. So maybe 2015
Career Officer
# 10
11-28-2012, 07:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by goltzhar View Post
What would that solve?

The current dilithium cap and all the dilithium nerfs they have done so far is to TRY stabilize the in game economy, and if you just add a ton of dilithium again.... well they would have to go back to the drawing board and do another try.

When the economy stabilizes (if ever) then some change is gonna be made. But the recent changes need some time (2-3 years?) to take effect. So maybe 2015
The recent boneheaded moves are what DESTABILIZED the in game economy. Not sure who their economic guru is, but his plan is nto working. The value of Zen on the exchange has dropped 20% or so since S7 patch.

If i was trying to stabilize a particular market i would NOT
1) Increase the need for a certain currency
2) Reduce the availability of said currency.

To do both at the same time will always have adverse effects, it really is econ 101/2