Captain
# 1 Apologies
11-28-2012, 02:02 PM
I would like to apologize for the incorrect statement I made yesterday. Cryptic didn't take down the servers to fix insignia clipping on more buxom toons. It was a tailor access bug for some that prompted the hotfix. The insignia clipping issue was actually addressed in a normal patch around the same timeframe.

The point, however, remains the same. Cryptic Devs are capable of rapidly fixing issues, but continue to ignore or postpone fixing actual gameplay/gamebreaking bugs. I appreciate the heads up that the new Voldemort bug is being fixed with the next patch, but it should have been fixed as soon as it was reproduced by a dev. It should not have waited, at all.

Gamebreaking bugs should always prompt immediate response, especially when they are as widespread as the current Voldy. I believe the crit bug on Tric Mines + DP's ranks up there as well, and requires immediate attention.
Quote:
ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ RIYOTT ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ: Have you wondered that maybe all the things they've added to the gaem lately is to literally make PvP unbearable? Because everything they've added has no use in PvE at all; we know the big boss hates 14 yo min maxers
Rihannsu
# 2
11-28-2012, 02:51 PM
I think the reason for the delay in fixing the Crits issue, may very well be more ingraned to the way Crits get handled in general some where in the game engine. And while they did get it fixed in Champions Online, STO may use different variables that they haven't quite figured out how to modify with out bringing down the whole system.. That and the fact is, the effects on PVP are much smaller then the PVE Effects, and the PVE effects haven't effected players enough to cause mass riots and pitch forks that demands a fix like this to be taken care of imeaditely.

In other words, it's not a show stopping bug. Seems almost any bug that effects PVP more then PVE, or in greater detail, are always lower on the totem poll.
You think that your beta test was bad?
Think about this:
American Football has been in open beta for 144 years. ~Kotaku
Commander
# 3
11-28-2012, 04:03 PM
*Should be

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandonfl View Post
fixed with the next patch,
Captain
# 4
11-28-2012, 04:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by paxottoman View Post
*Should be
Thanks for fixing that
Quote:
ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ RIYOTT ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ: Have you wondered that maybe all the things they've added to the gaem lately is to literally make PvP unbearable? Because everything they've added has no use in PvE at all; we know the big boss hates 14 yo min maxers
Former PWE Community Team Lead
# 5
11-28-2012, 04:55 PM
Apology accepted

Quote:
Originally Posted by paxottoman View Post
*Should be
Yep. I said "should be". But, I just checked in with the team and, unfortunately, it may not be in the next patch -- hopefully the one after that if not. We're still testing potential fixes as it's actually a bit trickier than it seems.

Sorry, Captains

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
Brandon "BranFlakes" Felczer | Former Community Team Lead for Perfect World Entertainment
Lieutenant
# 6 My Theory
11-28-2012, 05:24 PM
My Theory, and it's just a theory, is that they're letting it stay in the game to get some game data about how people are using a 5th boff. Because, eventually, new ships will come with 5 Boffs, or 6, or 12. Power creep is a fact of life in MMOs. Also, a good money maker as my oddy , my vesta, and fleet defiant, and lock box ships get gradually thrown into the dustbin along with my old Connie.
Former PWE Community Team Lead
# 7
11-28-2012, 05:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by velldun View Post
My Theory, and it's just a theory, is that they're letting it stay in the game to get some game data about how people are using a 5th boff. Because, eventually, new ships will come with 5 Boffs, or 6, or 12. Power creep is a fact of life in MMOs. Also, a good money maker as my oddy , my vesta, and fleet defiant, and lock box ships get gradually thrown into the dustbin along with my old Connie.
Interesting theory, but it's still in the game because we're still testing potential fixes. Ultimately, it was an error in the code that resulted from an oversight.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
Brandon "BranFlakes" Felczer | Former Community Team Lead for Perfect World Entertainment
Captain
# 8
11-28-2012, 07:00 PM
Quote:
Perfect time for a picard moment

http://cache.gawkerassets.com/assets...lm20100225.jpg
John Sheridan@playhard88 - FED Tactical
Vin Naftero@playhard88 - FED Sciencie
K'tan@playhard88 - KDF Tactical
Argento@playhard88 - RRF Tactical (FED)
Captain
# 9
11-28-2012, 09:52 PM
Quote:
My Theory, and it's just a theory, is that they're letting it stay in the game to get some game data about how people are using a 5th boff.
FOFF slot now!
Vice Admiral Geist, Klingon Science Officer
V.S.S. Oracle, D'Kyr-class Science Vessel
Empire Veteran
# 10
11-29-2012, 02:49 AM
christ, if vold cant be fixed this week, then the code that went into having a designated shuttle needs to be walked back too. that clearly completely broke the station setup code. go ahead and reintroduce it after its all fixed. the game code seems to be coming apart at the seams lately.
gateway links-->Norvo Tigan, Telis Latto Ruwon, Sochie Heim, Solana Soleus