Empire Veteran
I am just curious:

are these projects are a one time offer only to disappear forever - or will folks with new Starbases get another chance to obtain those limited time projects.

I mean for the cost of 200K Dilithium, those things should not be limited but seen as a special upgrade in the project listings.
Survivor of Romulus
# 2
11-29-2012, 03:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stark2k View Post
I am just curious:

are these projects are a one time offer only to disappear forever - or will folks with new Starbases get another chance to obtain those limited time projects.

I mean for the cost of 200K Dilithium, those things should not be limited but seen as a special upgrade in the project listings.
the projects will repeat. just have to wait for them to run out of new ones
Captain
# 3
11-29-2012, 03:25 AM
if they repeat they aren't very limited are they?
[12:35] Vessel Two of Two Unimatrix 01 deals 225232 (271723) Plasma Damage to you with Plasma Lance.
[12:44] Vessel One of Two Unimatrix 01 deals 1019527 (1157678) Kinetic Damage to you with Plasma Energy Bolt Explosion.
Rihannsu
# 4
11-29-2012, 05:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aarons9 View Post
if they repeat they aren't very limited are they?
They are limited time projects.

if they run for 2 weeks, and then repeat for 2 weeks, they are still limited in the amount of time you have to run them.

House of Cards - Lvl 46 Fed mission
Republic Veteran
# 5
11-29-2012, 03:25 AM
Also of note: They are looking at possibly reducing the cost for the "rerun."
Career Officer
# 6
11-29-2012, 04:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by scififan78 View Post
Also of note: They are looking at possibly reducing the cost for the "rerun."
Sounds like they mean they won't reduce the costs until all the NEW projects have gone through once and for all we know they could have 20 more new projects lined up before they decide to reduce the costs. Heck even 10 more new projects would still mean we have to wait a long time at, from the looks of things now, every 2 weeks for the changeover to a new project, and that could mean 20 more weeks before we see any changes.

Edit: Forgot to mention, with the high costs of these special projects and the fact that some fleets are becoming fairly inactive it means players are going to have to wait who knows how long until a project they missed comes around again.

1 fleet I'm in hasn't even finished the fish tank project yet and in a couple days a new project will be available which means we will have to wait a while before we can get the dance floor. Shortly before season 7 launched the fleet was dying down and after launch projects are pretty much stalled. The leader even said he is too busy working on tier 3 reputation and only a few people log on often anymore. I'm usually on by myself lately.

I managed to talk the leader into adding the Nanov, Nanov special project for the embassy a few days ago. I put in 930 Dil and it hasn't been touched since.

Last edited by monkeybone13; 11-29-2012 at 04:25 AM.
Rihannsu
# 7
11-29-2012, 05:24 AM
DS said in one interview they'll repeat the projects "early next year"

suppose they will do only a finite number of projects for the star base, and repeat them ad-absurdum.

then there will be new embassy's in every new big zone (which DS also stated "we are planning to introduce more of these huge zones"... which at least will give you a free transwarp option, i cannot imagine all of them costing so much as the first , Romulan Embassy, but one never knows..

he also said they are planning on adding a new sector block..

perhaps at some point they'll introduce a new huge unexplored system where fleets can claim planets and build a city there..