Lieutenant
# 1 Equiping the Peregrine
12-02-2012, 09:26 AM
I just got the playable fighter. It comes with the shuttle-specific "-S" weapons, shields engines, and deflectors. The cannons have a greater targeting arc than standard, so I would be inclined to keep those. The "-S" engine seems pretty good. But:

The torpedoes are about equal to a Mark X on a bigger ship. I can find better ones, or swap for more cannons.

The shields seem terrible - 1887 Max capacity and 62.9 regeneration. I have other shields like the Remen covariant that gives 2557 and 48.4 regeneration.

The deflector seems weak too.

I guess the question is: Is there something magical about "-S" equipment that means I should keep it? What do you STO geniuses equip on your peregrines? And what consoles and devices?
Career Officer
# 2
12-02-2012, 09:49 AM
-S = "Mountable ONLY on shuttles".

Ignore it, mount better stuff, where nessacary.
My name may say "PWE member", but I will never be.
-NEVER Forget the Screwups and ignorance made towards the people who supported the game through 2011
Don't look silly, don't call it "Zen-Store" - Don't waste devs time, Post proper bug-reports
Ensign
# 3
12-02-2012, 10:19 AM
I have a borg set on one of my shuttles, so you can put pretty much whatever you want on them. The 'S' means that it is shuttle only, so you can't mount them on full-sized ships.
Captain
# 4
12-02-2012, 10:22 AM
I just use normal equipment on it... Advanced Fleet DHC, Borg console and Assimilated set, and two appropriate weapon-boosting consoles.

The second weapon slot is kinda up to you... a turret or the Kinetic Cutting Beam for damage even when you're not in position (such as when you're dogfighting and they're moving out of your fore arc), a second DHC for more damage (the Peregrine is an agile little bugger), or a torpedo for more damage when you finally get through the shields.
Career Officer
# 5
12-02-2012, 09:58 PM
The only -S equipment you should even spare more than a half-second of thought on is the beam array, with its 360-degree arc.

The torpedo, engine, deflector, and shield should be replaced tout de suite.
Rihannsu
# 6
12-02-2012, 10:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by matridunadan1 View Post
The only -S equipment you should even spare more than a half-second of thought on is the beam array, with its 360-degree arc.
Yes but we get the Phaser Beam Array Mk XI-S [Acc] [CrtH] from the Vault so its the only thing that should be keep, there is a Polaron Beam Array-S from Operation Gamma but its rather inferior (need to be brought up to The Vault reward).

Quote:
The torpedo, engine, deflector, and shield should be replaced tout de suite.
Yep, the only thing I would suggest is by some reason you have a Yellowstone to use the Yellowstone engine.