Starfleet Veteran
Hey all.

I've read through the forums that Photonic Shockwave isn't really the power you want to use as it's been heavily nerfed to insignificance. Is this still the case or can we dust the cobwebs off if and start using it again?

Thank you!
Lt. Commander
# 2
12-03-2012, 10:16 AM
It's not very useful at all in PvE except to gain agro in groups.

But in PvP, it still serves an amazingly annoying function to temporally disable all of your enemies special abilities.
Starfleet Veteran
# 3
12-03-2012, 10:17 AM
I'm a PvE player so I'm guessing I should avoid it. That's a shame. On paper it sounds so good!!
Commander
# 4
12-03-2012, 12:35 PM
Its PvE damage is very disappointing. I tested it in an ISE run and my rank 1 gravity well did 3 times as much damage as my rank 3 photonic shockwave, and I made a point to strip as much shielding as possible before using photonic shockwave to maximize its damage.
Captain
# 5
12-03-2012, 12:57 PM
Sadly it hits like a single photon torpedo with a 30 second cooldown and a 3km range. And of course if they even have a sliver of shields (which any significant enemy rebalances a few times per second now), it loses 3/4 of its already-nerfed punch. All the fun was removed from it, and such a pain to accquire too.
Starfleet Veteran
# 6
12-03-2012, 01:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thepantsparty View Post
Its PvE damage is very disappointing. I tested it in an ISE run and my rank 1 gravity well did 3 times as much damage as my rank 3 photonic shockwave, and I made a point to strip as much shielding as possible before using photonic shockwave to maximize its damage.
That's VERY sad.