Ensign
A few days ago I reached tier 3 in the Omega reputation and chose the 'Rotating Weapon Frequency' passive ability. This is supposed to make it take longer for the Borg to adapt to your weapon, theoretically allowing you to attack more often before having to stop and remodulate with the device.

Since getting the power however, I've not noticed that it takes any longer for the Borg to adapt. In fact, it almost seems like it happens faster than before.

Has anyone else chosen this ability? To my eyes it seems like it's not working, but I'd like to know what others are seeing.
Lieutenant
# 2
12-05-2012, 01:03 PM
From my experience, the Borg normally adapt after 5 to 6 shots form a single target weapon like the sniper rifle and if I use the Pulsewave it depends on how many Borg are hit with the attack.

Example:

If I shoot into a group of 5 or more Borg with my Pulsewave weapon I would need to remodulate my weapon after the 1st if not the 2nd shot or if I attack the a single Borg with my Pulsewave then I get between 4 to 5 shots before it adapts.

So my question to you is, how many shots are you able to get off using a single target weapon like the sniper rifle before they adapt to the weapon.

Hopefully you get more than 6 shots off before they adapt. I would expect a minimum of 10 or more shots for me to invest in that ability.
Lieutenant
# 3
12-05-2012, 03:10 PM
That ability is almost worthless even if it does work because it only works when fighting the borg, the other passive choice works no matter who you are fighting and because the full omega and maco sets have a built-in remodulator that work almost instantly.
Ensign
# 4
12-05-2012, 04:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by titaniumworld View Post
That ability is almost worthless even if it does work because it only works when fighting the borg, the other passive choice works no matter who you are fighting and because the full omega and maco sets have a built-in remodulator that work almost instantly.
This is really why I expected it would have a more noticeable effect. It has such a narrow purpose, it should be more effective at the one small thing it's supposed to do.
Ensign
# 5
12-05-2012, 04:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by reconalpha1 View Post
So my question to you is, how many shots are you able to get off using a single target weapon like the sniper rifle before they adapt to the weapon.

Hopefully you get more than 6 shots off before they adapt. I would expect a minimum of 10 or more shots for me to invest in that ability.
I'm still getting about 5-6 shots before they adapt. I agree it should be in the 10-12 neighborhood, but it's not even close.
Career Officer
# 6
12-05-2012, 04:44 PM
I respecced (was going to anyway) and got to pick the shield heal instead - the remod resistance seem worthless.
Please join our peaceful protest to help make STO a better game
Proudly not contributing to PWE's bottom-line since October 2012
Lt. Commander
# 7
12-05-2012, 06:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by weylandjuarez View Post
I respecced (was going to anyway) and got to pick the shield heal instead - the remod resistance seem worthless.
not to thread jack but if one gets a respec token one can choose different rep skillz?
Lieutenant
# 8
12-05-2012, 06:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by papertoasty View Post
not to thread jack but if one gets a respec token one can choose different rep skillz?
yes ___________
Lieutenant
# 9
12-05-2012, 09:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by reconalpha1 View Post
From my experience, the Borg normally adapt after 5 to 6 shots form a single target weapon like the sniper rifle and if I use the Pulsewave it depends on how many Borg are hit with the attack.

Example:

If I shoot into a group of 5 or more Borg with my Pulsewave weapon I would need to remodulate my weapon after the 1st if not the 2nd shot or if I attack the a single Borg with my Pulsewave then I get between 4 to 5 shots before it adapts.

LOL 5-6 shots? they usually adapt to me in 2 shots, I remod, then see the ADAPTED over my body and the remod is still on cd (10secs left most of the time) and this is all from the carbine 1st setting, not the aoe setting
Starfleet Veteran
# 10
12-05-2012, 11:53 PM
100% sure that its not working as it should be. It does nothing. They adapt just as fast as without it.