Lt. Commander
Since I have to run it 25 times in 35 days, assuming I want to have one of these ships handy for each of my three alts, anyone know the rough running time? Since it mentions this mission was available last year too?
Rihannsu
# 2
12-05-2012, 01:05 PM
I've seen people mention it takes about 5 mins each run.
Ensign
# 3
12-05-2012, 01:07 PM
Depending on how long it took you to get into the run (folks backed up in a queue to get their chance), the actual race last year took about 2-3 minutes per successful run
12th Fleet - Starbase Operations - Beta Squad
Former 12th Legion Sub Admiral
Former MACO Echo Squad Colonel
Captain
# 4
12-05-2012, 01:15 PM
5 mins? Were they walking backwards?

2 mins tops, and you're done.
My name may say "PWE member", but I will never be.
-NEVER Forget the Screwups and ignorance made towards the people who supported the game through 2011
Don't look silly, don't call it "Zen-Store" - Don't waste devs time, Post proper bug-reports - I don't like Gekos
Captain
# 5
12-05-2012, 01:17 PM
when does the winter event start?
http://media.tumblr.com/160cacdb395f8340dac90864182ebe16/tumblr_inline_mx9yxhItkb1qg9pkt.jpg
Captain
# 6
12-05-2012, 01:33 PM
And you only have to FINISH right? You don't have to place?
Captain
# 7
12-07-2012, 09:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by anazonda View Post
5 mins? Were they walking backwards?

2 mins tops, and you're done.
I can confirm this.
KBF Lord MalaK
Awoken Dead

You're gonna upgrade my Chel Grett for FREE but charge me $30 to upgrade my Kamarag ?
Career Officer
# 8
12-05-2012, 10:44 PM
Yeah, once you get it down, it takes about 2mins. I got pretty darn good at it last year. Especially when you use your Tac's Motion Accelerator!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirlettia View Post
... the 20hour cooldown.
I really hate the 20hr cooldown. It always bites me in the ass when you try to do it around a work schedule. I wish Cryptic would just do like Blizzard does... counter reset at your local midnight.
Sometimes I think I play STO just to have stuff to rant about on the forums!

Last edited by dracounguis; 12-05-2012 at 10:47 PM.
Career Officer
# 9
12-06-2012, 01:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dracounguis View Post
Yeah, once you get it down, it takes about 2mins. I got pretty darn good at it last year. Especially when you use your Tac's Motion Accelerator!

I really hate the 20hr cooldown. It always bites me in the ass when you try to do it around a work schedule. I wish Cryptic would just do like Blizzard does... counter reset at your local midnight.
Being a Caitian, can I opt out of my uniform boots? Sharp claws on ice would give better traction than those smooth soled fleet boots.
I love nice long walks in the country.
Especially if they're taken by people who annoy me!
Ar ais olc leis an doer olc
Lt. Commander
# 10
12-07-2012, 09:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dracounguis View Post
You should have read previous messages, as dirlettia explained they changed it all this year:

Quote:
Last years race did indeed only take a matter of minutes but changes in the last dev blog are suggesting for many it will take much longer.

The whole premise is you get around the track faster than an NPC opponent who never slips and makes constant progress around the track. If you leave the track you fail the race, so if you cut a corner too sharply you fail.

The devs have said it is the same race but that does not mean that it has not been tweaked in that the NPC's could be faster and the wiggle room on corners reduced to increase the difficulty. Heck even the slippiness values may have been changed to slow you down on corners.

I really doubt everything in this race will be the same as last year, although the spamming of F to start it will likely still be there along with the 20hour cooldown.
But I agree with you on this:

Quote:
I second this suggestion.