Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 5,028
Okay. I'm going to be away from a computer several key days, to where going the free route might be tricky.

But here's what would sell me on the Breen ship.

- Benefits from the Jem'Hadar set bonus like the bug and the Galor do.

- Polaron quad cannons, usable on other ships.

I can't overestimate the importance for me on any new ship of having things I can use on other ships. Even better stats aren't enough to sway me because I have ships I like... but having something I can use on an existing ship is the bait that will get me to bite the hook.

And finally, being tradeable. Because I'd like to save one for when I can get a Breen XO promoted to Captain.
Lieutenant
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 78
# 2
12-05-2012, 04:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stoleviathan99 View Post

But here's what would sell me on the Breen ship.

- Benefits from the Jem'Hadar set bonus like the bug and the Galor do.
.

Why on earth the Jem'Hadar Set when there is a Breen Set too?


And please, oh please dont make it tradeable.

I understand the need for trading when it comes to "Luck" Items, but the Breen Ship is pure work over time.
There would be thousand and thousands of them in the exchange if it would be tradeable because there are a lot of people with a lot of 2nd, 3rd... chars out there.

Accountbound yes, but tradeable hell no.
Empire Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,032
# 3
12-05-2012, 05:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by titus1608 View Post
Why on earth the Jem'Hadar Set when there is a Breen Set too?
The Frozen set is an Anti-Breen set, it's designed to fight against Breen. So bad synergy.

The Jem set however gives bonus to Dominion ships, that the Chel Grett once was, just like the Galor.
Handle: @kirian_darkstar
Registered: Oct/2009 , LTS : Feb/2011
Fleets: Warriors of the Phoenix, Kirian Industries
Three years and still no Captain Klaa hair...
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 702
# 4
12-05-2012, 11:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkstarkirian View Post
The Frozen set is an Anti-Breen set, it's designed to fight against Breen. So bad synergy.
Other than the fact that it comes from the Deferi missions what makes you say this?

The set is named the 'Breen Absolute Zero' set.

The deflector buffs the Flow Capacitors skill which will boost the Breen Energy Syphon.

The engines are "supercooled", and are efficient at low power levels because they have "superconducting manifolds" which is another reference to the coldness.

The Set 2 bonus is Superconducting Phase Channels, which is not only another reference to cold but buffs transphasic torpedos, (and ironically the two Breen weapons are both Transphasic Torpedos)

The set 3 bonus is a Breen Energy Syphon.

The only thing that this set does to defend agains the Breen is the shield having a 20% resist to Polaron weapons, and this could just as be an Anti-Jem'Hadar shield and not anti-Breen.

The set makes more references to the fact that the Breen live in a very cold climate and boosts most of the thing that the Breen themselves use... it would make sense for this set to have a bonus for the Chel Grett...

Last edited by amayakitsune; 12-05-2012 at 11:40 PM.
Rihannsu
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 2,984
# 5
12-15-2012, 10:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by amayakitsune View Post
Other than the fact that it comes from the Deferi missions what makes you say this?
I think because the deflector says:

"The polarized parabolic deflector dish is built specifically to enhance the systems used by, and against, the Breen energy dampening weapon."

Of course that is just flavor text and it can be read in several ways, considering the Set 3 power is the Breen Energy Dissipator I think the intent was this being the Breen set and, as you said, a lot of the powers are set for typical Breen ship weapon layout (Polaron and Transphasic) and abilities (Energy Drain).

Of course if we give it a bonus I would be just one based on the "Victory is Life" but until I see the console I have no idea what it should be since we already have Energy Dissipator in both Set skill and also by console, I can only see some bonus to Polaron weapons as everything was covered by the set.
Ensign
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 14
# 6
01-15-2013, 06:05 AM
Honestly, seeing that both the Cardassian Galor Class, and the Jem'Hadar Attack Ship, are both tradeable/sellable on the exchange, and that it is after the winter festival (you know, no one can get these ships in the thousands, making them, at the moment, a rare sight?), why not trade them? I would love to pay upwards from 2-6 mill credits, just to get my hands on this thing, on the exchange. Now that the holiday is over, it would be nice! !
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 2,561
# 7
12-05-2012, 04:59 PM
what hook are you talking about? it is for free...25 days doing a less than 5 minute daily isn't something i consider an effort at all.

AND if you miss more than 10 days during the event you are able to buy the remaining resource with lobi crystals...

myself i have some lobis still dorment on a few toons, so i won't even need to do all 25 days.

i can understand that someone who planed already a 14 day skiing trip at a cabin with no WiFi will miss out on the ship, but let's be honest: "C?est la vie!"
And even then you got the Lobi option.

PS: would a unique bridge convince you?
Go pro or go home
Commander
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 492
# 8
12-05-2012, 05:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by baudl View Post
PS: would a unique bridge convince you?
No point in even going there seeing as there's No unique bridge! But hey... It's a FREE ship!
Commander
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 255
# 9
12-05-2012, 05:16 PM
Isn't the Jem bonus Victory for Life bugged? Like for a year now or whatever.


And I agree with the breen ship set over Jem bit. If it's not worth using on a breen ship then it's worthless and you might as well drop it. I have put mine to "good" use however, so I'll simply switch that setup to this breen ship and call it a day, although I feel all ship set bonuses should have a 7.6% treatment with certain weapons to promote going with canon and leave the torp boost to KHG.
Republic Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 922
# 10
12-05-2012, 05:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by romuzarii View Post
Isn't the Jem bonus Victory for Life bugged? Like for a year now or whatever.


And I agree with the breen ship set over Jem bit. If it's not worth using on a breen ship then it's worthless and you might as well drop it. I have put mine to "good" use however, so I'll simply switch that setup to this breen ship and call it a day, although I feel all ship set bonuses should have a 7.6% treatment with certain weapons to promote going with canon and leave the torp boost to KHG.
I wouldn't say that the Breen set is worthless. I use it on my Galor with the Breen rapid fire transphasic Torpedo and the Breen Transphasic Cluster Torpedo to quite deadly effect. I have noticed that the Cluster Torpedo crits quite often with this set.
If you believe the sky is the limit, you are aiming too low. We must reach beyond the stars - Ambassador Otungku
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 08:44 AM.