Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Star Trek Online General Discussion
Login

Closed Thread

Cryptic Studios Team
We'll be adding an official to this race to explain the mechanics of how it works, but this posting should give you a better explanation of how the race starts and how you can participate.

* The competitive race takes place on its own track. If you are in the gazebo with Q, look for the staircase that has a sign indicating "Fastest Game on Ice" and "Fast and the Flurrious." Head down the stairs, then up the hill to your right to reach the start area for the competitive race.

* The competitive race happens 15 minutes after the hour, then again 22 minutes after the hour, 45 minutes, and 52 minutes. You'll know it's on because you'll see "The Fast and the Flurrious" pop up on your mission tracker.

* When the race pops up, it will show a 1-minute countdown timer. This is your chance to get to the starting area.

* Once you're at the starting area, stand on the wooden platform behind the wooden gate and click "Join the Race." You should see a big green "Waiting for Race" over your head if you're in the right spot at the right time.

* Wait for the announcer to call for the race start. The gate will drop. Follow the track and race!

* When you reach the end of the track, you need to grab your place flag. 1st place is the first person to grab the 1st place flag! Once the flag is grabbed, a 2nd place flag will appear, then a 3rd place flag. If all three places have been grabbed, anyone left in the race just needs to reach the end zone to finish.

* If you leave the track during the race, you will be disqualified from the event.

* If the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place flags have been taken while you're still racing, you have 1 minute to reach the end of the race track.

* Once nobody is left racing (either because they've all reached the end or been disqualified), the race will end automatically.

* If you finish the race, you will earn winter epohh tags based on your placing:
1st place: 12 tags
2nd place: 6 tags
3rd place: 3 tags
Participant: 2 tags

* Take your winter epohh tags to the Romulan winter epohh researcher in the gazebo. For 6 tags, you can track one of the winter epohhs as a duty officer assignment (biologist or research lab scientist). When the mission finishes, you will get a random winter epohh baby!

* If you run the race to the finish without being disqualified 20 times, or win 1st place in the race, you will earn the Accolade: Fast and Flurrious, which unlocks the title of the same name.

Run fast and have fun!
Commander
# 2
12-06-2012, 12:10 PM
I have yet to receive epohh tags for completing the race, I've only received them for grabbing a flag. Maybe I'm doing something wrong? It's also rather odd design for the 2nd and 3rd place flags to have a different placement than the 1st place flag, meaning in a tightly contested race if you fail to grab 1st it's very likely you'll slide out of position and also miss 2nd and 3rd.
Survivor of Romulus
# 3
12-06-2012, 12:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thepantsparty View Post
I have yet to receive epohh tags for completing the race, I've only received them for grabbing a flag. Maybe I'm doing something wrong? It's also rather odd design for the 2nd and 3rd place flags to have a different placement than the 1st place flag, meaning in a tightly contested race if you fail to grab 1st it's very likely you'll slide out of position and also miss 2nd and 3rd.
Same issue here, I don't seem to be getting tags for simply completing and reaching the final area.

You actually stand a better chance of getting 2nd if you hang back and get to the end in 4th/5th place because everyone slides wildly towards 1st place. Strange mechanic!
Commander
# 4
12-06-2012, 01:24 PM
There is also a really significant and very obvious cheat where you can skip about 2/3s of the course, so that probably needs to be fixed.
Commander
# 5
12-06-2012, 01:26 PM
Quote:
There is also a really significant and very obvious cheat where you can skip about 2/3s of the course, so that probably needs to be fixed.
Seen this twice myself.
Starfleet Veteran
# 6
12-06-2012, 01:35 PM
You really should've added a Red Alert so people know when an events occuring!

Also would've been nice if there was a solo version so casual players don't have to wait for a stupid timer!

Last edited by azurianstar; 12-06-2012 at 02:36 PM.
Rihannsu
# 7
12-06-2012, 01:37 PM
Quote:
This just told me not to waste my time then
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Samir Bennal, Captain of the Onyxhammer
Rule of Acquisition #113: Always have sex with the boss.
I am one of the many victims from the hijacked Caspian Division.
I will not let the childish acts of a criminal ruin this game for me.
Career Officer
# 8
12-06-2012, 02:20 PM
You know if you jump from the cliff in first turn, you dont get kicked from race. So its kinda pointless to run ? Fix that, really . or noone will run it
Ensign
# 9
12-07-2012, 07:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jheinig View Post
For 6 tags, you can track one of the winter epohhs as a duty officer assignment (NEVER USE A biologist or research lab scientist).
Fixed that for you.
Starfleet Veteran
# 10 Fast and Flurrious fix needed
12-07-2012, 11:20 AM
Hey there Devs.

You may or may not have noticed but instead of turning right at the first corner you can keep running over the edge, thus cutting out over half of the track. The game does NOT disqualify you for this cheating.

Can this please be fixed. I like running the race as it was intended to have been run and I'm pretty sure you guys would want to race to run as you created it.

Hope it makes it in for the next patch.

Cheers!!
Closed Thread