Captain
# 1 Foundry is slow
12-07-2012, 07:36 AM
well This is my first time, every using the foundry, it seems simple enough so far, yet one thing that happens alot to me....
its slow

Last edited by amahood; 12-12-2012 at 03:20 AM.
Captain
# 2
12-07-2012, 08:29 AM
Mine's been crashing a lot too. I thought it was because I was on a Mac, but now...

Can you delete projects without it crashing? I can't.
Say NO to mandatory Arc!
Captain
# 3
12-08-2012, 08:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by psycoticvulcan View Post
Mine's been crashing a lot too. I thought it was because I was on a Mac, but now...

Can you delete projects without it crashing? I can't.
I haven't tried to delete a project, cause I've only just begun my very first one.

Yet what I do know is that, every 5 minutes I get disconnected from the internet, and so booted out of the foundry. Then I got to re-log back in, get the
foundry up, then open my project and redo what I didn't save....

So needless to say, it's taking forever not to just figure out how to work this thing, yet to also get anything done, because of it crashing all the time!

I've just now got my windows microsoft updates, to make sure that wasn't the problem , and also am currently re-installing STO, just in case its my older version that's caused the crashes, (though logic dictates that if the patches are downloaded , one shouldn't bother with that, yet I'm covering all probable problems by doing so).

Problem with that, is that , the latest version of the game they have, is March 2012, which is illogical, given season 7 has just been patched..... You'd think they would have an up-to-date install download file of the game.

Anyhow, I'm hoping that by doing all this, it will stop from having the foundry crashing every 5 minutes.... if not.... I don't know. yet it gives us first timers a very disappointing view of this feature.
Captain
# 4
12-08-2012, 09:16 AM
It might be a problem with your internet, not just the Foundry. Check your settings and make sure your Wi-Fi is working properly.
Say NO to mandatory Arc!
Captain
# 5
12-08-2012, 10:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by psycoticvulcan View Post
It might be a problem with your internet, not just the Foundry. Check your settings and make sure your Wi-Fi is working properly.
Thanks for the advice. I've checked the modem, I'm using an Ethernet cable so even if there was a problem with the Wi-Fi, it wouldn't effect my computer.

Usually the internet only cuts out a few times in the day, yet every time I've used this Foundry, it cuts out like every 5 minutes!!!

I've updated everything, the microsoft updates, all computer updates, and the game files too.

I see no reason for this to happen, unless the Foundry itself is to blame. In which case, I'm guessing it is.

I don't know. It's really annoying though. ugk. Well back to try and working with the foundry. Though I'm beginning to feel it's pointless with the amount of times this is crashing. and I spent 6 hours today, updating the computer in its entirety, only to have the same problems.

Last edited by amahood; 12-25-2012 at 11:30 PM.
Captain
# 6
12-09-2012, 10:14 AM
Well I have observed that Only when I switch windows, to an internet window , from the Foundry window , that it cuts the internet off, yet if I do not switch , and just keep the Foundry open, then it doesn't , and all is fine.
Captain
# 7
12-09-2012, 10:18 AM
Yeah, definitely your internet connection then. I wish you luck. In my last place I couldn't even log in to sto from 8pm until 1am every night. It was ridiculous.
Captain
# 8
12-10-2012, 09:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by designationxr377 View Post
Yeah, definitely your internet connection then. I wish you luck. In my last place I couldn't even log in to sto from 8pm until 1am every night. It was ridiculous.

to answer your question nagorak, I have been using the Foundry in window mode the whole time, so that I could keep an eye on the time, while I work.

Anyhow, I just clicked Publish and save, apparently it's 35 in the queue.... Not sure how long that will take.

I titled it "Long Lost Friend", it's a borg mission, 3 maps in total, (with a bit of time travel in it).

It's my very first one, and I did my best. Couldn't figure out how to have the people you save beam out, I tried adding it in the advanced tab of the contact npc, yet it wouldn't do it...

Yet at least I managed to figured how to get a good mission going I think (I hope).

How to have the captured federation people be in a force field then have it turn off when you use a console.

And other things.

So anyhow hope people like my first one

Last edited by amahood; 12-25-2012 at 11:31 PM.
Career Officer
# 9
12-09-2012, 12:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by amahood View Post
Well I have observed that Only when I switch windows, to an internet window , from the Foundry window , that it cuts the internet off, yet if I do not switch , and just keep the Foundry open, then it doesn't , and all is fine.
Are you running STO in windowed mode or full screen? If it's set to full screen, try switching it to windowed and see if that helps anything.

Click here for my Foundry tutorial on Creating A Custom Interior Map.