Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Captain
This week is going to be a big one for Boot Camp advertisement. The guest blog should be coming out Tomorrow on the STO site and on startrek.com on Friday/Saturday. The fine folks at Priority One have also featured Boot Camp in the 'Blank of the Week" If you haven't heard the episode, check it out here.

The Boot Camp website is also developing. Once the guest blog goes live this week, people can begin to register for the first event on December 29th. Please direct all registration questions to the Boot Camp website. If you haven't already seen the website, and the incredible video that drkfrontiers has made, please check it out here. Fleet admirals. Please post this on your own websites if possible.

Request: There are a number of ways we can gain greater exposure. I have renamed a few of my ships to include the words, "PvP Boot Camp." I would encourage you to do something like this. It is a weird ship name and has, for this reason, caused people to ask about it and about Boot Camp more generally.

REQUEST! (PLEASE READ ME!): I would also suggest that we as coaches begin advertising for Boot Camp in the ques. For example, I would like to make a keybind that I can hit at the end of a match with the following: "Want to take your PvP skills to the next level? Check out Boot Camp: http://pvp-boot.camp.shivtr.com/." I am planning to use this at the end of my PvP and PvE matches. I would encourage you to do something similar. I will probably also just send out this message every once in a while in Zone chat. In this regard, I do have one request. Would somebody be willing to respond to this thread with instructions on how to make a keybind like this? I know how to make keybinds for BOFF skills and for "Target X," but have never made one with a message. A clear set of instructions might encourage some of us to use this advertising tool.

Boot Camp is moving forward on every front. Cryptic/PWE has approved a set of rewards for the participants and even some rewards for coaches, which is cool. All of you who help out with coaching will be receiving a special title and a free respec token. I for one won't mind having another respec token and the title is very cool as well--more advertisement.

Coaches, we will have a meeting around the 21st of December to discuss a wide range of issues. I look forward to talking with all of you then.

As always, please email me (sargon.priorityone@gmail.com) or respond to this thread with questions/concerns. Thank you all so much for your creativity, hard work, and interest in PvP.

@gradstudent1
PvP Boot Camp Project Leader Emeritus

Last edited by gradstudent1; 12-11-2012 at 02:06 AM.
Career Officer
# 2
12-11-2012, 01:24 AM
I'm still putting my name forward as a coach.

Anyway, i'll stick it on LAG's site and rename my ship.
Captain
# 3
12-11-2012, 01:52 AM
Hi Sargon,

Try this:

/bind j ChannelSend Zone Want to take your PvP skills to the next level? Check out Boot Camp: http://pvp-boot.camp.shivtr.com/

When you are in space, type the following into the chat textbox (lower left)

/bind - this will instruct the bind

j - this is the key your wish to bind the command to

ChannelSend - instruction for the bind to send a zone tell.

Zone - locale/ recipient of the tell.

The remaining characters following Zone will be read as the message.

Last edited by drkfrontiers; 12-11-2012 at 02:03 AM.
Captain
# 4
12-11-2012, 02:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by drkfrontiers View Post
Hi Sargon,

Try this:

/bind j ChannelSend Zone Want to take your PvP skills to the next level? Check out Boot Camp: http://pvp-boot.camp.shivtr.com/

When you are in space, type the following into the chat textbox (lower left)

/bind - this will instruct the bind

j - this is the key your wish to bind the command to

ChannelSend - instruction for the bind to send a zone tell.

Zone - locale/ recipient of the tell.

The remaining characters following Zone will be read as the message.
I will try this whenI am in-game again this afternoon. drkfrontiers is the engine under this project's hood/bonnet!

@gradstudent1
Captain
# 5
12-11-2012, 04:31 AM
Im advertsining in kerrat and other pvp zones about boot camp, when i get the chance. Hope thats enough.
Co-founder of The Spanish Inquisition TSI - Cause no one expects it!

PaxOttomana: gawd mirror event is like fighting a tsi premade, they keep comin and comin!
Captain
# 6
12-11-2012, 06:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by devorasx View Post
Im advertsining in kerrat and other pvp zones about boot camp, when i get the chance. Hope thats enough.
Thanks, Devoras. I appreciate your taking the initiative.

@gradstudent1
Captain
# 7
12-11-2012, 02:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aquitaine985 View Post
I'm still putting my name forward as a coach.

Anyway, i'll stick it on LAG's site and rename my ship.
Thanks, Aquitaine. I have you down on the Boot Camp website as a coach rank. You should be able to see this by checking your status. Please just confirm for me your @handle ingame. Is it @aquitaine? Thanks!

@gradstudent1
Career Officer
# 8
12-11-2012, 08:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gradstudent1 View Post
Thanks, Aquitaine. I have you down on the Boot Camp website as a coach rank. You should be able to see this by checking your status. Please just confirm for me your @handle ingame. Is it @aquitaine? Thanks!
@Aquitaine985 - Cheers!
Career Officer
# 9
12-12-2012, 01:15 PM
I think unless Cryptic fixes the T4 stuff, you can just cancel bootcamp.

If the students have Omega T4 shield healing, they will be virtually immortal. How could you possibly teach PVP if nobody ever explodes?
http://hilbertguide.com
Captain
# 10
12-12-2012, 02:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mancom View Post
I think unless Cryptic fixes the T4 stuff, you can just cancel bootcamp.

If the students have Omega T4 shield healing, they will be virtually immortal. How could you possibly teach PVP if nobody ever explodes?
It would be a shame to dismiss over 200 applicants.
Co-founder of The Spanish Inquisition TSI - Cause no one expects it!

PaxOttomana: gawd mirror event is like fighting a tsi premade, they keep comin and comin!