Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Klingon Fleetyards
Login

Captain
It seems like it should be a pretty solid machine. 5 layers of armor, and you can get an ensign tactical for your tacteam so you can have both cannon scatter and torpedo spread. But everything is always about the Fleet Vor'cha, with owners raving about its ridiculously copious (for anything cruiserkin) tactical stations.

Defense versus Offense debate in microcosm?
Commander
# 2
12-12-2012, 06:36 PM
I would guess it's mostly that few fleets have a T4 shipyard for the Negh'Var, while nearly every fleet has a T2 shipyard for the Vor'cha.
Captain
# 3
12-12-2012, 07:02 PM
^ What he said. Tier 4 on the KDF side is rare, even though there are a lot of fed fleets that have tier 4. I fully expect to see idiots in Fleet Galaxy-Rs in the coming month and a half. Especially after the winter event ends. And I brace myself for that day as we speak.
It is said the best weapon is one that is never fired. I disagree. The best weapon is one you only have to fire... once.
Why the Devs can't make PvE content harder. <--- DR proved me wrong!
Commander
# 4
12-12-2012, 07:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hereticknight085 View Post
^ What he said. Tier 4 on the KDF side is rare, even though there are a lot of fed fleets that have tier 4. I fully expect to see idiots in Fleet Galaxy-Rs in the coming month and a half. Especially after the winter event ends. And I brace myself for that day as we speak.
Oh goody, another big cruiser to pop

Joking aside, I doubt any KDF base is tier 4, so no Fleet Negh'vars for now
Captain
# 5
12-12-2012, 08:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cliftona91 View Post

There are a couple tier 4's - House of Beautiful Orions is one.
Commander
# 6
12-12-2012, 08:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by born2bwild1 View Post
There are a couple tier 4's - House of Beautiful Orions is one.
I meant any of them are tier 5, didnt realize what I said until now lol
Career Officer
# 7
04-13-2013, 01:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cliftona91 View Post

A lot has changed since December.

Klingon Intelligence (and a handful of other fleets) have had Tier 4 shipyards for some time.

It'd also include: Banished orion Girls, Crimson Fubar Inc, Ferasan Shadow Force, House of Beautiful Orions, The House of Duras, House of Jupiter, House of Kular, The House of Snoo, House of Tlhap-Jen, KDF Honor Guard, KDF Elite Force 'avwi' batlh tlhingan', KHG-Klingon Honor Guard, Orion Empire, Orion-Syndicate, Pride of the Empire, Raider Armada, Risa Penthe, and Shadow Empire.
Fleet holding costs | Accolade Points: 18745 (Fed Engineer), 16400 (KDF Tactical)
Subscribe to Accolade thread | Join channel Accolades | Idea: Mail Revamp
New on STOwiki: Spire projects | STO Timeline | Fed-KDF Disparity | upcoming content
Fed Fleet: Section 31 (level 20) | KDF Fleet: Klingon Intelligence (level 20)

Last edited by phyrexianhero; 04-13-2013 at 03:02 PM.
Lt. Commander
# 8
04-13-2013, 02:54 PM
I've had a fleet Negh'Var on one character for over a month now. I usually pick a ship that I want a character to have at endgame and skill them appropriately for that ship. Also, means all my alts get action since sometimes I want to run a BoP, or maybe a Raptor for another game. I mostly PvE BTW.

Anyway, I have a tac in a a Fleet Negh'Var. I decided to put a tac in it because....well lets face DPS is king in PvE and anyone can tank the NPCs no matter what class. Even with only three tac consoles, I have no problem getting top DPS in games. This thing will tank almost anything, I've only been destroyer once in thing and thats because I was lazy. Also I run with some points in threat control and spray cannon fire and torpedoes all over the place to pull in agro, works great.

I do think the Fleet Vorcha is still a better ship because of its diversity, but the Negh'Var is just something different, and a great tank also. Honestly, I think the Negh'Var should be the T2 ship and the Vorcha the T4 ship. And I know people say the Bortas is a better tank, but unlike the Bortas, the Negh'Var can turn and tank almost as well.

If anyone is interested heres my build. Doffs are 3 purple techs, 1 tac team conn officer, and 1 shield distribution officer.

http://imageshack.us/a/img17/5636/sc...3041316513.jpg
Empire Veteran
# 9
12-13-2012, 07:52 AM
We are getting the t4 shipyard soon (early next week?)but the fleet neg'var has too much engineering. The t2 battle cruiser is better.
Career Officer
# 10
12-13-2012, 08:40 AM
I'll be using one for PVE as soon as I can get one. Currently I use the non fleet version very effectively for those missions where burst damage is of lesser value than other abilities.

And yes I have 3 versions of the Vor'cha to compare my Negvahr to. And I do like all of them.

Cheers happy flying!

Awesome Blog
Awesome Videos
Website that's always under construction
And...FACEBOOK MEH!