Career Officer
# 1 TOS Assets needed!
12-13-2012, 09:27 AM
So I did my first TOS themed mission that I have been writing for the Foundry Challenge #5 and after doing so I've realized that the Foundry is really lacking in assets for this kind of mission. Some of the things I really would have liked are:

• The ability to make TOS Klingons in the costume editor
  • TOS Consoles & TOS era detail items (Walls, doors, plants, tables, chairs etc)
  • Drozana Station current and past space map
  • Bepi 113 System Map
  • TOS ship doors that open and close
  • More systems to hook point missions to in the Eta Eridani Sector Block

I was kind of able to get around it by adding invisible objects on the existing consoles provided by the map, but it's not as clear to the player they need to interact with these consoles because they don't flash like normal ones do. I was able to create something similar to the Drozana by using the K7 station for the past version, but there isn't anything in there for the current version. I just did a little creative writing sidestep to make it work but could have made more sense if the current one was in the Foundry. I love that the TOS maps are in the Foundry but being able to add opening and closing doors would be a great addition.

Anyway just a few thoughts I had while making it. Hopefully we can get these items added in at some point in the future.

Last edited by drudgy; 12-13-2012 at 09:30 AM.