Starfleet Veteran
# 1 Rommy Store Discount- 40%
12-14-2012, 05:55 AM
At this point, Cryptic, you want to the Rommy Store to work based on the STF's- we get that.
What you need to get is that since you designed the game to max Rommy marks for bunny breeding every 7 to 8 days, AND you don't actaully have any content even close to STF's to balance it out, it is time for a 40% discount of all the items in the store.
Giving 300 marks for an item might throw you into cardiac arrest, but it is inline with 8 days for a bunny or five different sector patrols at 60 marks each. Keeping the prices the same as they are not without a mechanism for generatoring marks is the best way to get your customers burned out.

Bring the prices inline with the content you actually provide.

Face reality...
Lt. Commander
# 2 Hmm..
12-14-2012, 03:23 PM
I'd just like some STF equivalents. I mean, hell, I can get 60+ Omega Marks in one 15 minute STF, and then do 2 more, so I can have almost 200 in less than a hour.
Lt. Commander
# 3
12-14-2012, 05:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericsonxx View Post
I'd just like some STF equivalents.

As long as we also get some New Romulus equivalents on Defera in exchange.
(although I am down to 600 rom marks - bought the other two Reman space pieces this afternoon)
Career Officer
# 4
12-14-2012, 06:07 PM
Yeah I think it's daft that the prices are on par with the Omega gear, considering as you say, you can get Omega Marks by the droves in very little time. The Romulan stuff should be cheaper, or they should reward more for the available missions to put the availability at levels with Omega Marks.
Join date is wrong, I've actually been around since Beta.
Problem with your power tray? Try this, it worked for several of my characters.
Click for Stats
Career Officer
# 5
12-14-2012, 07:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by khamseenair View Post
Yeah I think it's daft that the prices are on par with the Omega gear, considering as you say, you can get Omega Marks by the droves in very little time. The Romulan stuff should be cheaper, or they should reward more for the available missions to put the availability at levels with Omega Marks.

I agree.

They should have launched several Romulan STFs along with S7.

Instead they added more Fleet Event type scenarios, which are quite frankly the type of bad missions with weak enemies that people constantly deride this game for.

There needs to be a way to earn Rom marks faster and that reward group play better (the current group rewards are awful, you're better off soloing most stuff).

Career Officer
# 6
12-14-2012, 08:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by khamseenair View Post
Very much this.
Empire Veteran
# 7
12-14-2012, 10:00 PM
Sorry, I disagree. I don't feel the prices are too over the top or anything on getting the store unlocks.

The big, really expensive Mk XII sets, that I can understand.

I think a lot of folks are still gliding on their stashes of Omega Marks from season 6, so they don't feel the hurt on those yet.

What I mean is, when folks start hitting tier 5, and they start using up all those stores of marks, then they are going to have to really grind their way with STFs.

At least Romulan marks, you won't have to do so.

Enjoy turning in Winter Epohhs while you can, they are pretty much free marks for the time being.