Captain
# 1 Season 7, accountability
12-15-2012, 05:55 PM
Simply put season 7 has seen one blunder after another from cryptic. Something needs to change within the corporate culture soon because it is simply unacceptable for this to continue. The time for excuses is over, the funding is there, the staff is there and they have had time to be trained, the expectations have been tempered, and yet it is still one blunder after another. You have managed to irritate the hardcore players by the promise of new items that are not even in the game yet. The casuals with the difficulty changes and fluctuating economy. The pvp by not realizing how the new stuff would pan out. The fleets that were locked from progression either from boff bugs or lack of fleet marks.

In an era of increased competition and flighty customer bases these level of quality is unacceptable. Someone needs to be held accountable.

I know this may sound overly harsh. But lets face facts there is absolutely no reason the reputation passives that are destroying PvP should have made it live without someone realizing the effect they would have. Items and tech for the reputation system should have been finished when season 7 launched not months later expecting the playerbase to be content with a placeholder item. And I'm not touching the dilithium changes with a ten foot pole as anyone with a moderate amount of MMO economy experience would have done a better job predicting the outcome.
Captain
# 2
12-15-2012, 06:05 PM
It's a good season. You need to climb down off clown mountain and stop exaggerating circumstance. By next Thursday I'd wager the passives will be fixed and you can go back to raging one of the million other aspects of PvP that are haphazard. Go out, have a beer with some friends, spend some time with your family. It's not that big of a deal.
Career Officer
# 3
12-15-2012, 06:09 PM
The overwhelming majority of issues S7 had at launch have been or are currently being dealt with. The shield passive is really the only obvious issue that is still outstanding, but you're mistaken if you think they don't know about it and aren't looking at fixes.

This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Perfect World Entertainment Community Rules and Policies . ~Bluegeek

Last edited by bluegeek; 12-17-2012 at 08:24 AM.
Captain
# 4
12-15-2012, 09:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jexsamx View Post
The overwhelming majority of issues S7 had at launch have been or are currently being dealt with. The shield passive is really the only obvious issue that is still outstanding, but you're mistaken if you think they don't know about it and aren't looking at fixes.
The whole design of Season 7 was trash. It made fundamental changes to the game that should never have been made. Even these fixes are not changing the crux of the problem, but are least effort bandaids.

Last edited by bluegeek; 12-17-2012 at 08:24 AM.
Lt. Commander
# 5
12-15-2012, 11:29 PM
Season 7 is fine. Stop complaining.
Captain
# 6
12-15-2012, 11:53 PM
Just because a company hires a ton of people, doesn't mean a ton of new content available soon. Employees need to be trained properly and that takes time. Some employees don't work out so a new employee needs to be rehired.

All I can say is that 2012 is much better than 2011 for Star Trek Online. Duty Officers, Fleet Advancement, and Reputation systems have far reaching effects on the game.
Ensign
# 7
12-16-2012, 02:11 PM
So far i have enjoyed the season, sure it could of used a bit of story thrown in... a 5 episode deal would of done it but other than that i'am mostly happy. Ill take more if i'am given it but this is fine... its a f2p game afterall.
Ensign
# 8
12-17-2012, 01:39 PM
Well I haven't played in a while, but the new 'account verification' has already irritated me.
Career Officer
# 9
12-17-2012, 05:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by suprcheese View Post
Season 7 is fine. Stop complaining.
well i'm convinced by your powerful argument. I guess it's case closed because you said so.
Captain
# 10
12-15-2012, 08:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by xantris View Post
It's a good season. You need to climb down off clown mountain and stop exaggerating circumstance. By next Thursday I'd wager the passives will be fixed and you can go back to raging one of the million other aspects of PvP that are haphazard. Go out, have a beer with some friends, spend some time with your family. It's not that big of a deal.
Don't get me wrong, I am very pleased with the speed of recovery from the blunders. But there should not be so many in the first place. And yes I know that is par for the course for STO but the old excuses they used in the past are no longer valid. To me that means there is a major underlying problem in how they operate. How many times must a bug/exploit be removed (volde, officer reports) only to be reintroduced to be removed yet again? It's getting old. As is the soon(TM).

And yes I am enjoying season 7 a great deal. I do think alot of progress has been made on multiple fronts with this season and overall it is amazing. I just really wish the blunders would slow to a more reasonable pace.

Last edited by bareel; 12-15-2012 at 08:11 PM.