Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Star Trek Online General Discussion
Login

Starfleet Veteran
I have some Holiday Commodities I'd like to sell, but due to the inoperative nature of the Exchange, I can't get them to show using any combination of filters?

Is ther any way to reliably search for Targ Fur Earmuffs for example?

When searched by Price/ common, I see the lowest is 20,000ec. I normally just post the lowest as I hate being underbid, but this time I posted a pair at 19990ec to see if it would show. Nowhere to be found on the Exchange?

Can't they just make these visable under commodities?

How did the existing entries get there, pre-patch?
If your post is anything like, "I have a sandwich so you can't be starving" it's time to rethink posting.
Lieutenant
# 2
12-16-2012, 02:05 PM
Search all by quality.
Commander
# 3
12-16-2012, 03:53 PM
I don't think you can see your own stuff listed on the Exchange. Maybe you can, but I've never seen the stuff I've listed.
Career Officer
# 4
12-16-2012, 04:07 PM
If you have those items, pop them in the search bar, and change the rarity to common or uncommon (depending on the ornament). Then search.

But you won't like the prices, I regulary see them all as cheap as 1 mil EC.
Empire Veteran
# 5
12-16-2012, 09:34 PM
Basically, the exchange is broken. You're better off selling your items in a private trade than through the exchange until Cryptic finally fixes it.
=^= Starfleet Code Red Message =^= Starfleet intelligence's central network was compromised by an insidious ARC virus. All captains are to avoid contact with the ARC until we can ascertain how dangerous it is. All ships remain on high alert!
Commander
# 6
12-16-2012, 10:04 PM
What about the Exchange is broken? I keep hearing this. Is this a new thing, or something that's been going on for a while?

The only thing I can think of is that you get lower prices the more specific you get with your filters, which shouldn't matter at all.
Captain
# 7
12-17-2012, 04:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by azurianstar View Post
If you have those items, pop them in the search bar, and change the rarity to common or uncommon (depending on the ornament). Then search.

But you won't like the prices, I regulary see them all as cheap as 1 mil EC.
Wow, assuming you aren't exaggerating or outright lying, the exchange is indeed broken cuz I'm getting different results than you are with the same search parameters (but I do change the price filters once in a while depending on the situation). I've never seen any at that exorbitant price, not even close. The only price filters I use are "sort by price" or "sort by price per unit", nothing else.
Reality is WAR
KHG Klingon Honor Guard

Last edited by deokkent; 12-17-2012 at 04:06 PM.
Lt. Commander
# 8
12-17-2012, 06:01 PM
All holiday commodities are under "Reward packs" but you need to either search by dropping the item up the top or changing common/uncommon options.

Also be aware depending where you are depends on what the Exchange shows, for example if I'm in sector space and I go to the Exchange on my bridge it will show different items as to when I'm at ds9 or first city.

The Exchange is also regional so thats why different people are getting different results cause there looking at different exchange regions.

The Exchanges at Earth and Qo'No's will show different prices to ds9, don't believe me go check it out for your self.

While there are parts of the exchange are broken for the most part it does work very well its just a lot of people don't know how to use it and assume its broken.
Survivor of Romulus
# 9 Winter Commodities
12-17-2012, 05:49 AM
Can someone please explain why I see these all over the exchange, but I am unable to sell mine because they don't have a catagory?? this makes no sense to me.
Commander
# 10
12-17-2012, 02:47 PM
I have the same problem - I put them on the exchange, but they never show up (even though I select common/uncommon.) The Exchange has been broken for several months.