Republic Veteran
# 1 Apparently in the FUTURE....
12-19-2012, 02:09 PM
*you can buy, sell, trade and mail people (bridge and duty officers)...

*keep excess unwanted officers in your cargo bay...

*purchase crew-members prepackaged in a special box, from a machine...

Is it just me or does that make the modern temp-labor/staffing-service economy seem sane by compare?

Also apparently you can harvest wildlife from a planet, raise it/mutate it in a lab, then sell them to a vending machine in trade for heavy weapons. You can't even do that in JAPAN, home of wacky-vending-machines-GALORE!
-------------
ISE ISE Ba-bee. "If you got the Borg yo... I'll solve 'em check out this shot while my torpedos dissolve 'em"
Captain
# 2
12-19-2012, 02:11 PM
*massive ships are packaged into little containers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by askray View Post
YAY I'M EVOLVED! *drools on his chin*
Quote:
Originally Posted by voporak View Post
Welcome to the STO forums, where the evolutionary clock ticks backwards.
Republic Veteran
# 3
12-19-2012, 02:27 PM
Quote:
*massive ships are packaged into little containers.

I always assumed the box contained the master command-codes and passwords along with all the pertinent "paperwork" and owner-manuals/shakedown-crew logs... not the actual ship.
-------------
ISE ISE Ba-bee. "If you got the Borg yo... I'll solve 'em check out this shot while my torpedos dissolve 'em"
Captain
# 4
12-19-2012, 02:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by themarie View Post
I always assumed the box contained the master command-codes and passwords along with all the pertinent "paperwork" and owner-manuals/shakedown-crew logs... not the actual ship.
I could take a boxed shuttle out to deep space in the Delta Quadrant, open it, and there it is in my shuttlebay. So I assume the same goes for big ships.
Quote:
Quote:
Republic Veteran
# 5
12-19-2012, 02:37 PM
Quote:
I could take a boxed shuttle out to deep space in the Delta Quadrant, open it, and there it is in my shuttlebay. So I assume the same goes for big ships.

Shuttles are different. They use that same technology that those wet-and-grow novelty sponges use. That's how Voyager was able to carry 15,750 spares.

Now that I think about it, they more than likely had boxes and boxes of spare crew in the cargo bay... and once they were in contact with Starfleet they just ordered additional crew off the exchange am I right?
-------------
Captain
# 6
12-19-2012, 02:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by themarie View Post
Shuttles are different. They use that same technology that those wet-and-grow novelty sponges use. That's how Voyager was able to carry 15,750 spares.

Now that I think about it, they more than likely had boxes and boxes of spare crew in the cargo bay... and once they were in contact with Starfleet they just ordered additional crew off the exchange am I right?
"I canna change the laws of physics!"

And now that I think about it, the same probably goes for torpedoes.
Quote:
Quote: