Lt. Commander
On the first episode of ?On Screen? it was stated we will get a free ship for the 3rd year anniversary. Also in a Dev Post it was stated that we will get the ship from a featured episode. D?stahl posted that the mission will involve Franklin Drake of Section 31. We all Section 31 and Franklin Drake are hand and hand when it comes to time travel. The latest lockbox was the temporal lockbox also the Ambassador was still discussed about as a future ship. I believe that we might have a temporal mission that will involve the Ambassador and that just might be the free ship. This is mainly just circumstantial evidence, but it is hopeful wishing for me.

Captain
# 2
12-19-2012, 03:17 PM
We've more or less confirmed this conspiracy theory already. At this point, if it isn't the Ambassador, people are going to be making their way to the war path.
http://i1151.photobucket.com/albums/o633/centersolace/189cux9khvl6ojpg_zpsca7ccff0.jpg

So inhumane superweapons, mass murder, and canon nonsense is okay, but speedos are too much for some people.
Captain
# 3
12-19-2012, 03:23 PM
The thinking is what, K'vort for the KDF?
Commander
# 4
12-19-2012, 03:34 PM
I have little to no interest in the Ambassador (other than it being the only Enterprise hull not currently in game).

If the Ambassador is free and reclaimable, so be it. But if it takes a ship slot and not reclaimable like the 2nd anniversary Odyssey then I will not be happy.
Career Officer
# 5
12-19-2012, 04:19 PM
One more piece to add to your theory: TNG Season 3 (the season that Yesterday's Enterprise is in) will be released on Blu-Ray at roughly the same time as the 3 year event. Nice opportunity for a marketing tie-in, no?

What is interesting is that everyone seems to think that we need a temporal event to get the Ambassador into the game, when we have tons of older ships already in it. The only thing that is odd about the Ambassador is the fact that it's NOT already in the game; there should be a bunch of them around still unless the design had some strange flaw that made them retire them all.
Survivor of Romulus
# 6
12-19-2012, 04:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaturnley View Post
One more piece to add to your theory: TNG Season 3 (the season that Yesterday's Enterprise is in) will be released on Blu-Ray at roughly the same time as the 3 year event. Nice opportunity for a marketing tie-in, no?

What is interesting is that everyone seems to think that we need a temporal event to get the Ambassador into the game, when we have tons of older ships already in it. The only thing that is odd about the Ambassador is the fact that it's NOT already in the game; there should be a bunch of them around still unless the design had some strange flaw that made them retire them all.
This seems to make the most sense...as far as supporting evidence for the Ambassador class. The timing is just too coincidental for it not to be.

I was hoping the "free" ship would be the Andorian ship myself...but free is free.
Ghost of Nimbus III. Commander of the R.R.W. Vengeance.
Commander
# 7
12-19-2012, 05:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaturnley View Post
there should be a bunch of them around still unless the design had some strange flaw that made them retire them all.
There aren't that many left by the time of the Dominion War, if DS9's depiction of the battles are to be believed (and that's about all we have). There are tons of Mirandas, Centaurs, Excelciors, Galaxys, and other assorted kitbashes, but no Ambassadors that I can recall. They weren't too common in TNG either.

The TNG technical manual says that the Galaxys were to replace the old Ambassadors. They seem to fill the same niche as big exploration cruisers, and the Galaxy even seems like a logical evolution of the Ambassador. I figure the Ambassador went the way of the Connie - it's role was filled by a superior ship, and it didn't have another role to slip into, unlike the Excelsior, Miranda, Centaur, etc.
Career Officer
# 8
12-20-2012, 02:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stirling191 View Post
The thinking is what, K'vort for the KDF?
If it IS the K'vort, it took down the flagship pretty quickly. Please make the stats reflect it being a BATTLEcruiser.
Lt. Commander
# 9
12-20-2012, 03:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nakedsnake001 View Post
If it IS the K'vort, it took down the flagship pretty quickly. Please make the stats reflect it being a BATTLEcruiser.
One on its own wouldn't have done it -- there were three in the battle, and the Enterprise-D was fighting a "survival optional" battle where their objective was to draw fire away from the Enterprise-C long enough for the older ship to re-enter the temporal anomaly.
Empire Veteran
# 10
12-20-2012, 04:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nakedsnake001 View Post
Yes. Emphasis on Tactical, Engineering with a little science.
Richard Hamilton (1975-2014)
goodbye good friend. We will see you in the DMZ in the sky oneday, save a shot for us.