Career Officer
So I wrote my Foundry Challenge #5 mission and was really hoping that it would start to qualify for the daily mission, but no such luck. I've got like 5 maps, multiple objectives, and some pretty nasty battles. I think it can easily be done in 15 min by a tactical captain, but engineers and science are for sure around half an hour or so. I went in and added a whole chuck of stuff to do and yet it still doesn't qualify.

Am I missing something specific? or are people just playing though it so fast that it's under the 15 min mark? I've tested it myself on several characters and it takes me about half an hour or so to do. This is counting load times and what have you, but it's very frustrating because you really don't know why it's not qualifying.

Anyone else seen this?
Career Officer
# 2
12-20-2012, 01:11 AM
Do you have 5 reviews yet? That is one of them

Check out my Foundry missions:
Standalone - The Great Escape - The Galaxy's Fair - Purity I: Of Denial - Return to Oblivion
The Defenders - Duritanium Man - The Improbable Bulk - [WIP] Commander Rihan
Career Officer
# 3
12-20-2012, 02:09 AM
Ok to update I played your mission.

It is out of the review stage (12 reviews) and took me almost exactly 30minutes to run. This includes loading times for all maps but not travel time to the Donatu System.

The other thing I checked is the average time. When using the Foundry filter it says that Echo's in time is 0-20minutes in length.

This is may be due to three issues:

1. I noticed in your description you stated that the mission used to be shorter. It could be that the plays before you extended the mission are causing the mission to still average below the minimum time limit.
2. The plays you did while testing were under the limit and "helped" bring the average down. I've been pushing this a lot lately as an issue a lot of people have run into.
3. There's something required to qualify that we don't know about that your mission does not have.

Standalone - The Great Escape - The Galaxy's Fair - Purity I: Of Denial - Return to Oblivion
Career Officer
# 4
12-20-2012, 07:44 AM
Thanks for playing it Zorbane. I did it again last night with my fully geared Engineer, and it was right around 40 min. I did extend the mission by adding some additional combat situations and dialog, so hopefully after it gets a few more plays it could average out to the 30 min mark.

If not I've got a few more ideas to try and extend the mission further, but I agree, not knowing the exact criteria is very hard to judge what's causing the problem. I'm pretty sure this mission takes longer than some of my previous ones to complete, and they are all qualified for the daily, so honestly i'm not sure what's wrong.
Career Officer
# 5
12-20-2012, 09:22 AM
NP, hopefully any changes you make will help it. Yours is a foundry challenge mission so most likely a lot of people will be playing your mission in any case which will hopefully get it above the minimum time threshold.

Career Officer
# 6
12-20-2012, 09:34 AM
I appreciate that! Thanks!

I always try to tell a good story, and hopefully everyone gets something out of it. I'm sure sooner or later i'll be able to get it back on track for the daily, but we'll have to see.