Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Builds, Powers, and Game Mechanics
Login

Career Officer
I bought a Romulan tactical boff with Covert Operative. It's supposed to give 2.5% crit in space combat, but my space stats tooltip (in tactical space, of course) show no difference.

Is it working, or is this the next, uh, Leadership?

TBH I hope it works just so I can have a bit more diversity on my bridge. And let's face it, DS9 would have been more interesting if T'Rul became a regular.
Cryptic Studios Team
# 2
12-20-2012, 05:30 PM
We've recently uncovered a bug that is limiting the functionality of species-specific Traits in space combat. In essence, unless you're the same species as the Bridge Officer in question, you can't benefit from a Species-specific Bridge Officer trait (like Covert Operative or Leadership).

The Trait itself functions fine, but we're experiencing issues with them propagating properly to your Captain.

We hope to have this cleared up in the very near future.
-=-=-=-=-=-
Jeremy Randall
Cryptic - Systems Design
"Play smart!"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Me
Kurland here...
Empire Veteran
# 3
12-20-2012, 05:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by borticuscryptic View Post
We've recently uncovered a bug that is limiting the functionality of species-specific Traits in space combat. In essence, unless you're the same species as the Bridge Officer in question, you can't benefit from a Species-specific Bridge Officer trait (like Covert Operative or Leadership).

The Trait itself functions fine, but we're experiencing issues with them propagating properly to your Captain.

nice! i hope this is at last fixed
gateway links-->Norvo Tigan, Telis Latto Ruwon, Sochie Heim, Solana Soleus
Commander
# 4
12-20-2012, 06:02 PM
Quote:

praise space jebus!
Lt. Commander
# 5
12-20-2012, 06:51 PM
So traits will actually mean something again? That'd be nice. Now I have to decide if I want to run a full efficient crew, or switch one out for the 2.5% crit bonus.
Career Officer
# 6
12-20-2012, 08:12 PM
Quote:

I don't get it. Efficient and Veteran work fine.
Career Officer
# 7
12-20-2012, 08:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aestu View Post
I don't get it. Efficient and Veteran work fine.
Since season 6 was released, I consistently complained that Efficient was rendered useless and would just barely add one point of energy even when the power was set to 25... No one seemed to agree....

Edit: I remember it adding like 3 points... not 1
1hr of work @NYS Min Wage 7.25 = 725 Zen
725 x 102 (or current exchange rate) DL = 73950 DL <- can you earn that per hour in game?

Last edited by phantomeight; 12-20-2012 at 08:58 PM.
Career Officer
# 8
12-20-2012, 08:39 PM
Efficient is definitely working, I just tried it.
Career Officer
# 9
12-20-2012, 08:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aestu View Post
Efficient is definitely working, I just tried it.
When selecting a efficient boff, how much power does it add when your power level is at 25?
1hr of work @NYS Min Wage 7.25 = 725 Zen
725 x 102 (or current exchange rate) DL = 73950 DL <- can you earn that per hour in game?

Captain
# 10
12-21-2012, 01:11 PM
Quote:

I was waiting for a statement on this issue for weeks. Thanks Borticus! I hope this will be solved soon.