Survivor of Romulus
# 1 Terradome/Stf drops
12-21-2012, 05:35 PM
Would it be possible for the next stf set (something that isn't maco, omega or KHG) to be a drop at random like it use to be?

For example... whenever terradome gets a upgrade could we get the chance to get X set by running terradome #### times.

maybe one of those sexy undine wrist blasters ?
Captain
# 2
12-21-2012, 06:25 PM
Highly doubtful. Either the Undine equipment will be part of the current Omega Reputation or they will create an Anti-Undine Reputation for Undine STFs.
Captain
# 3
12-21-2012, 06:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by starkaos View Post
Highly doubtful. Either the Undine equipment will be part of the current Omega Reputation or they will create an Anti-Undine Reputation for Undine STFs.
Without a doubt there will be a new 35-day reputation grind for every new piece of gear from here on out.
Captain
# 4
12-21-2012, 06:36 PM
NO
Random drops sucked. Why would you want to bring them back after they finally make STF gear a grind instead of random chance?
Lt. Commander
# 5
12-21-2012, 06:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by raptor63549 View Post
NO
Random drops sucked. Why would you want to bring them back after they finally make STF gear a grind instead of random chance?
it was better the old way. plus it was more fun, now its just meh.. do this.. wait 20 hours, repeat 35 times and done.
Captain
# 6
12-21-2012, 06:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefastone21 View Post
it was better the old way. plus it was more fun, now its just meh.. do this.. wait 20 hours, repeat 35 times and done.
I have to agree, there is something to be said for that joyous feeling when you get lucky, persistence and you will get lucky eventually

instead of grind, pay, grind, pay, grind unlock, grind pay, grind

-compared to the last mmo i came from.. the drop rates for proto tech where KIND, if anything >.>-

see where im going? :p

There's also a state of mind i think, if your desperately going through a mission to get an item, it hurts all that much more when you dont get it, but when you just play for the fun of the mission, you get pleasantly surprised when you get a proto tech (many of my toons got their protos when i was just running with different builds/proffesions/kits :p)
Tactical Cube deals 338364 (204629) Kinetic Damage to Tactical Cube with Plasma Torpedo - Heavy III.
Recoil damage... Burn
Captain
# 7
12-21-2012, 06:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefastone21 View Post
When its possible for a player to get all drops by doing each mission twice for all the elite drops they could need and another player has done the same mission 400 times and still no drop, then there is a serious problem with that system. The old way was completely random and you never knew when you got that drop. The new way is less exciting, but you know that this many STFs will give you this piece of equipment. Therefore, the new way is much better than the old.
Lt. Commander
# 8
12-21-2012, 07:01 PM
Quote:
When its possible for a player to get all drops by doing each mission twice for all the elite drops they could need and another player has done the same mission 400 times and still no drop, then there is a serious problem with that system. The old way was completely random and you never knew when you got that drop. The new way is less exciting, but you know that this many STFs will give you this piece of equipment. Therefore, the new way is much better than the old.
If they set it to drop when player reached the accolade for running infected X times that would remove that problem.
Rihannsu
# 9
12-21-2012, 07:02 PM
Quote:
Yeah, I agree with this sentiment. I never got the "good" tech drops.
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Survivor of Romulus
# 10
12-21-2012, 07:10 PM
a mix between both would make me happy