Survivor of Romulus
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 2,394
# 1 Typhoon Challenge
12-21-2012, 05:41 PM
Mr Flakes.

If myself or another designs a mission based on the Typhoon class and it ends up being worthy of being featured, could the reward be the Typhoon class ?

which of course you can then go and make the tac,eng,sci variants and flog them to us via the c-store
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 932
# 2
12-21-2012, 05:51 PM
i might not be true here, but i vaugely remeber reading -somewhere- (hence the unsureness)
that the Typhoon would only ever be CONSIDERED when the level cap increases, (sometime after S8 /during 9), but honestly.. that may not be true

Bad memory For the win >.<
Tactical Cube deals 338364 (204629) Kinetic Damage to Tactical Cube with Plasma Torpedo - Heavy III.
Recoil damage... Burn
Survivor of Romulus
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 2,394
# 3
12-21-2012, 06:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by elandarksky View Post
i might not be true here, but i vaugely remeber reading -somewhere- (hence the unsureness)
that the Typhoon would only ever be CONSIDERED when the level cap increases, (sometime after S8 /during 9), but honestly.. that may not be true

Bad memory For the win >.<

Quote:
Q: (cylon74656) Will the Steamrunner Class be available for those of us who don?t play through Steam? And also, when will we see the Typhoon Class playable in-game?

Dstahl: The Steamrunner Class is a Steam exclusive, so it will not be available in the C-Store. However, you do not need to play through Steam in order to purchase this item. If you have a Steam Account you can purchase the item through Steam and claim it in game without needing to play STO through the Steam client.

The Typhoon Class is a dreadnaught that will most likely not appear as a playable ship until we increase the skill point cap to full Admiral. Even then, we haven?t yet decided if this will be a player ship, but we can be convinced to make it so if there is enough support for it.
From the ask cryptic dec 2012.


From this its either we try to convince them.. or wait until the level cap rises... or I suppose we could leave a big pile of money outside their office.

Operation: get the typhoon mk II begins!
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 177
# 4
12-21-2012, 06:40 PM
so we get the universal one then they make the ones that have special abilites for each class like the Oddessey ?
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 932
# 5
12-21-2012, 06:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thay8472 View Post
From the ask cryptic dec 2012.


From this its either we try to convince them.. or wait until the level cap rises... or I suppose we could leave a big pile of money outside their office.

Operation: get the typhoon mk II begins!
happy that my memory was on the dot for once :p,

If we get level cap increase, then you should start anticipating the typhoon, until then you just gotta sit tight i guess ^^

edit:
I mean with the list of other federation ships that people scream they want, and with some fortune the odd kdf ship >.<, it might be some time til we see a typhoon
Tactical Cube deals 338364 (204629) Kinetic Damage to Tactical Cube with Plasma Torpedo - Heavy III.
Recoil damage... Burn
Survivor of Romulus
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 2,394
# 6
12-21-2012, 07:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by elandarksky View Post
happy that my memory was on the dot for once :p,

If we get level cap increase, then you should start anticipating the typhoon, until then you just gotta sit tight i guess ^^

edit:
I mean with the list of other federation ships that people scream they want, and with some fortune the odd kdf ship >.<, it might be some time til we see a typhoon
not what i do best :'(

I've wanted the typhoon since I did the tutorial for the first time back in.. 09, those nacelles are just.. to die for

Ask for the kdf... I have no idea about them.. foundry wise I think all the ships are avalible for the player.
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 932
# 7
12-21-2012, 07:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thay8472 View Post
not what i do best :'(

I've wanted the typhoon since I did the tutorial for the first time back in.. 09, those nacelles are just.. to die for

Ask for the kdf... I have no idea about them.. foundry wise I think all the ships are avalible for the player.
OH CRUMBS!
I didnt look where this thread was located >.<

I thought you wanted a playable typhoon, not a foundry one >.>'''

Been a long day.. hehe
Uhm yeah, i dont see why the typhoon model cant be available in the foundry O.o
Tactical Cube deals 338364 (204629) Kinetic Damage to Tactical Cube with Plasma Torpedo - Heavy III.
Recoil damage... Burn
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 02:45 AM.